Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Stuart, I've made a couple trips to your country, staying a couple weeks each time. Other than getting a feel for the geography and culture, I'm at no advantage to members who have only read about it.

With respect to the Trans Pecos section of our border, geography IS the story. The same holds true for the Tucson section where Crossfireoops lives though it is different geography.

An acceptable answer for ANY military question is :" It is dependent on the situation and terrain, Sir."

You would do well to keep that answer in mind.

With all respect Curdog...what is on the American side of the border belongs to Americans (regardless OF ethnicity), what is on the Mexican side of the border is for the Mexicans (white, black, or brindle...it matters not).

What the American Government does should benefit Americans, particularly on American soil.

And employing foreign nationals whilst Americans sit on their arse not working is definitely NOT in the interest of America.

If it is...please shew me how.

And please note that this argument can be directly transposed to the Australian arena.
I postulate that all foreign employment should be ceased and limited to Australians and those becoming Australians.
Further, unemployment benefits should be limited to a maximum of three months in every fifteen as it is a safety net not a damned life-style choice.

I also note that all the entry level jobs our kids had access to are now taken up by foreign nationals that send just about everything they make out of the country.

And most of us are bloody well sick of it.

The problem with your argument JSTUART is you are sounding more American than most Americans, and it pisses people off to accept that fact.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

GB1

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Don't confuse some people with facts because it causes undo stress. ED K

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
This adds another level of excitement to the Big Bend Ultra that is happening next Sunday. This is a really neat part of the world.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
J
J
I just got on a mule deer lease about 40 miles from Van Horn that borders the Rio Grande. This type of thing did cross my mind before leasing. I hunt with my 14 yr old son, so I'm concerned about the whole crossing thing.

I'm familiar with some of the BS but in south Texas away from the border.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stuart, we have a sizable segment of our population that are unemployable.

I saw some in your country that I would not want within fifty feet of me.

Coincidentally they were the same color.

And there is no way in hell you can get a job of work done with a good portion of the pampered, underachieving white kids our government schools are churning out.

I'll take a hard working Mexican over them anyway.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you access it via Coal Mine Road... shoot me a PM.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Stuart, we have a sizable segment of our population that are unemployable.

I saw some in your country that I would not want within fifty feet of me.

Coincidentally they were the same color.

And there is no way in hell you can get a job of work done with a good portion of the pampered, underachieving white kids our government schools are churning out.

If you are referring to Aboriginals than you might be interested to know that most do work and pay taxes, as for the unemployable...a work ethic is learned, and no-one learns anything whilst sitting on their arse.
Kick out the foreign workers and cut benefits, you will be shocked at how quickly people learn and expect to work.

But you cannot do one without the other.

ps, people who work soon get in the habit of buying all those goodies they have always wanted, and they soon enjoy being able to purchase as they will.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stuart,....
Kick out the foreign workers and cut benefits, you will be shocked at how quickly people learn and expect to work.

Are we given to believe that this has been done in Aus, and that you're speaking as one that's directly witnessed the results?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Did I hear somebody say something about building a wall on the southern border?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Did I hear somebody say something about building a wall on the southern border?

I believe it was a YUGE wall.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I get a real kick out of guys positing that "it's time to get out the long range rifles", when discussing the bosque along both sides of Rio Grande.

I'm STILL firmly of the opinion that particularly "tough" areas on the Mex side should be forcibly occupied, and the inhabitants humanely or inhumanely if required, DISPLACED.
TAKE that land south of the river, and put in defensible perimeters that can be maintained in a budget oriented fashion.

In other words STOP the problem NOW,...over years ahead, let the respective diplomats sort future solutions out over their cocaine, high dollar booze, and underage prostitutes.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Down here the Cartels have run off or killed all the honest folks on the river bank so we would be taking only the enemy territorory.

It really is the only viable solution.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

i'll take the one that has actual skill for the
job involved. willingness isn't enough to cut it.
the person that has the skills and an affinity for
the job should get it. standards for any job should
never be relaxed for diversity's sake.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Stuart,....

Are we given to believe that this has been done in Aus, and that you're speaking as one that's directly witnessed the results?

GTC

No as a nation we have not...but I agitating for it as I have seen what a difference constant work makes to not only individuals but families as a whole.

I have seen down-and-outs that nobody gives a damn for turn themselves and their lot about because of a job...self respect and fitting in does wonders for peoples well being.

Sitting on ones arse on the other hand, is the quickest way to ruin and damnation I can think of.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I get a real kick out of guys positing that "it's time to get out the long range rifles", when discussing the bosque along both sides of Rio Grande.

I'm STILL firmly of the opinion that particularly "tough" areas on the Mex side should be forcibly occupied, and the inhabitants humanely or inhumanely if required, DISPLACED.
TAKE that land south of the river, and put in defensible perimeters that can be maintained in a budget oriented fashion.

In other words STOP the problem NOW,...over years ahead, let the respective diplomats sort future solutions out over their cocaine, high dollar booze, and underage prostitutes.

GTC

Interesting that you balk at stopping foreign workers but espouse military invasion of a neighbouring state.

And who are you kidding...at the moment you are having enough problems on your own lands without adding to them, so the answer is not to annex more lands but to stop illegal foreign entry.

But if you think military invasion is more ethical and efficacious than shooting armed trespassers then you go with that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No as a nation we have not.

thanks

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ranger99

i'll take the one that has actual skill for the
job involved. willingness isn't enough to cut it.
the person that has the skills and an affinity for
the job should get it. standards for any job should
never be relaxed for diversity's sake.

There is the problem...a clear willingness by the citizenry to accept illegal foreign workers.
And 'til that changes then you may as well wander about with your hands in your pockets whistling for all the good it does.

And yes Cross...we do have the coppers round up illegals...I have seen it here...and the locals are all for the coppers continuing this action...we let the coppers know if there any odd-bods floating around at work...it is a hoot to see.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No as a nation we have not.

thanks

You are welcome...now read the rest of the posts.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
http://bigbendnow.com/2017/01/sheriff-denies-cross-border-violence-in-candelaria-shooting/

Interesting that the people that were on the ground have a different story than people sitting at their computers. Maybe their story will wind up being the same, but I think this is a good example of someone taking one person's explanation as absolute and running with it.

I hope these guys heal quickly and that whoever was responsible is brought to justice.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You are welcome...now read the rest of the posts.

I gave em' a read,...just more clueless pontification, and holier than thou horsechit from somebody obviously to some degree passionate and committed to solving problems in and on his home turf. Odd that you spend so much time gassing about problems so distant from your own,...and one might almost speculate that you're very disappointed in the progress being made on your home front.

We have absolute historical imperative to mount incursion,....what you called " military invasion of a neighbouring state.". Fact is we've done it before, over EXACTLY the same kinda' horsechit.

.......you know less than nothing about the U.S, / Mexican line, and by your own repeated admissions here over many years, you like to come here to stir chit.

Later

GTC

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 58 invisible), 2,969 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,810
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.