Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Nateknight
Thank of the sales Kimber has lost just over this one thread. 5000 views I bet several people have chose to go any other route than Kimber.

This right here, this is me. I'm too cheap to drop a grand and just hope it is one that shoots.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well, that's one.......

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yep, worked on me Nate. Won't ever be one in the safe. Same goes for all the stuff I read about Remingtons. It won't be long before someone markets a 2x4 with a pipe pounded into it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I bet if you'd take the advice of a couple of the posters above, or heck just UTube it, you'd have the extractor tweaked and running in about half an hour.

And yes, Mauser extractors are all like that. It's just that somebody tweaked them already at the factory when companies used to pay someone to do that sort of thing. Nowadays, you do it yourself or it doesn't get done. Ruger does seem to have it figured out very well for mass production.

If you don't want to do any of that, be sure to buy a pushfeed next time. The pushfeeds with a "sliding plate extractor" such as the older pushfeed Win 70 or the new Marlin XS7 tend to have the least problems of all so far as feeding and extraction ease. At least until the small extractor breaks or wears out.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That is a little much for me to take. If Kimber won't replace that there is something wrong.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a damn shame for an American firearms company to treat a customer that way. I just went to their website looking for an e-mail address to send them a link to this thread. I couldn't find an email address. I did see a note that said due to the popularity of their 2017 models wait times for customer service calls are longer than usual.

Think about that for a second.

I do recall a few Kimber Hunter threads on other forums. Since Kimber says the OPs rifle works the way it should, I am going to show them what a normal Kimber does.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6711043/m/3701059622

This is going to cost Kimber way more than they will ever realize.

Anyone want to help me spread the word? Post up your results if you do!

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 02/17/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it must suck, to not have anything better to do.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't suck at all. Rainy morning, black lab at my side, hot coffee in hand and helping inform the public. Pretty gratifying actually.

https://www.shootersforum.com/rifles-rifle-cartridges/132329-kimber-84m-hunter-6-5-creedmore-2.html

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.p...-scope-out-of-the-box-impressive.817453/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hahaha......

"Who's with me?"...... Paul Belushi?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reports like this have kept me from any Kimber headaches.

Ashame they don't get their QC in order. Too many options by competitors for me to roll the dice. Wishing the OP the best.

IC B3

N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Kimber has lost enough sales due to bad press in forums like these that they could have paid a workers salary to function test the rifles before they get shipped out. Mine is going back this week for the second time. Tried to get them to watch the video of this gun but they said they couldn't open the link. I will include links to the video and all these forums in the box this time. They put extra notes on the work order to "really look the rifle over and inspect function". Really? They need to add special notes to have the rifle inspected when it comes back for the same issues twice.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So what was the outcome? Did you get the extraction issue resolved?

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
N
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
N
It's going back this week so in about a month I should have it back. Hopefully this time it is fixed.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
snake eyes!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Why would you pay hard earned money on a rifle hoping it will shoot well ?
I am an old guy who hunted many many years with lots of friends and club members and have never heard of a win 70, savage 110, rem 700, sako, ruger, browning , etc not ejecting or having any problems. I know there are kimbers that shoot lights out but why would you take the chance? Im not saying no other rifles have problems now and then but the kimbers are very high on complaint list.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you have to ask why.......

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Nateknight
I agree with last post. This is a mass produced rifle built to function with mass produced brass. Kimber uses Hornady test ammo so after it wasn't working correct with the Nosler brass I bought Hornady brass. Still doesn't work. Something is wrong with the extractor for sure. If it's routine to adjust a extractor on Mauser actions I must be missing someting as I have never encountered an issue with one being too loose. Sure it happens but to say it's to be expected is ridiculous. They have been in production for well over 100 years so it's not like Kimber is still tweaking some new design. It's sloppy Manufactuing at its finest. Kimber needs to stand behind what they sell. I bought a CZ 550 once that wouldn't meet their accuracy standard so I called and they said ship it back. Couple weeks later I had a brand new gun in my hands. No questions asked what so ever. That is customer service. Thank of the sales Kimber has lost just over this one thread. 5000 views I bet several people have chose to go any other route than Kimber.

CZ will handle their issues all the time, and make a very accurate rifle. (great barrels)
Ship back the Kimber and buy a CZ is a viable option.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to see that Kimber is still stepping on their cranks when it comes to QC and customer service. I really like the Montana, but Nate's experience gives me pause. frown

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Im not saying no other rifles have problems now and then but the kimbers are very high on complaint list.

How many rifles does Kimber make and sell a year, and of those, what percentage are returned because of an issue, and of those returned how many actually have an issue? Unless you know the numbers you're just voicing an opinion rather than stating fact as are most of the posts in this thread. I have five Kimber rifles that all shoot incredibly well and have zero issues.

have never heard of a win 70, savage 110, rem 700, sako, ruger, browning , etc not ejecting or having any problems.

Seriously ... those companies you mentioned have perfect products? I sold two Winchester Extreme Weather rifles last year because the machining was atrocious along with poor to average accuracy in addition to being heavy. Back in 2011 I bought a Savage Weather Warrior that had the front and rear bridges ground in such a way that it was impossible to mount a scope i.e. the bridges weren't in the same plane. Savage wouldn't pay for return shipping despite my paying $850 for a brand new rifle and despite my sending them detailed photographs. In addition, they had the dumbest 7mm-08 Rem twist rate on the planet so I bought a McGowen barrel for it and ended up paying a machine shop to fix the receiver. I'll eventually sell that POS at a significant loss when it's back together because it has the heaviest bolt lift of any rifle I've owned and it's a clunky piece of garbage. A neighbor had the same issue on his Weather Warrior chambered in .30-06 Sprg but because the action was longer he could actually mount a scope without damaging it. Despite my experiences with Winchester and Savage I've yet to make a post on a forum stating that all Winchester or all Savage rifles are garbage or that Savage CS is garbage. Does this one example of a defective extractor mean that all Kimber rifles or Kimber CS is garbage ... only if you can't figure out the cash register at McDonald's.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
I am an old guy who hunted many many years with lots of friends and club members and have never heard of a win 70, savage 110, rem 700, sako, ruger, browning , etc not ejecting or having any problems.

Yep, seems like you've really been around.

Check about 10 threads down. The one titled "Sako 85 ejection issues"

Maybe you'll stop saying stupid shiit

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 64 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,664
Posts18,455,763
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.