Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Any good? Pluses? Minuses? I've never tried it - and not even sure it's available around here. But the price is tempting..

Gimme.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I rate it a 10 out of 10.

All of it.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Recently bought some. The LGS has more of it than anything else. All of the comments and reviews I've seen have been very positive.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The standard velocity stuff, both 38g HP and 40g RN are very consistent. I have not tried the copper coated Hi-velocity.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Excellent! Gracias! smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have been using the copper-plated HV stuff a LOT lately. I love it, it shoots better than Mini-Mags in my CZ 452, and it's every bit as reliable. I had a half-case before the election, but "just in case" Clinton DID win, I left the polling place and went directly over to a big shop locally, and bought a whole case of it. I think those 7500 rounds will last me awhile, but I have plenty of rimfire rifles and pistols to shoot it in. I shoot it in three .22 pistols, that 452 and a 455, 10/22, and a few others.
That shop had two pallets of it on hand.

It's reliable, accurate (in my guns, anyway) and most important, AVAILABLE.

Don't be scared of it, it's awfully good stuff.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven't bought any lately, but the last time I bought it, it had wildly inconsistent rim thickness and unless sorted by rim thickness, it was prone to fliers.

OK for plinking, but too inconsistent if you want a true gauge of the accuracy of a rifle or a shooter. I probably have 2K rounds of it on the shelf and it is likely to stay there for the foreseeable future since better ammo is available.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You needed to segregate them to do what? Shoot benchrest?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

No, just to shoot paper. When shooting paper, I prefer to shoot good, consistent, ammo, like mid-grade Eley or RWS, so that I can have a high degree of confidence that any poor groups aren't related to the ammo.

IIRC, the Aguila ammo that I bought and sorted was Super Extra sub-sonic 40 grain lead. I sorted 1K of it by rim thickness, 1K by weight, and 1K by weight and rim thickness. After doing all that sorting, I decided that I'd rather spend a little more $$ for ammo if it would allow me to leave the rim thickness gauge and a scale on the shelf.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've only tried the HV Interceptor 40gr. I have a 22lr rifle that shoots the CCI 40gr Velocitor very well and the Interceptor was just as accurate.

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Dave

No, just to shoot paper. When shooting paper, I prefer to shoot good, consistent, ammo, like mid-grade Eley or RWS, so that I can have a high degree of confidence that any poor groups aren't related to the ammo.

IIRC, the Aguila ammo that I bought and sorted was Super Extra sub-sonic 40 grain lead. I sorted 1K of it by rim thickness, 1K by weight, and 1K by weight and rim thickness. After doing all that sorting, I decided that I'd rather spend a little more $$ for ammo if it would allow me to leave the rim thickness gauge and a scale on the shelf.

Well, instead of doing all that stupid schit you should have just shot it.

That's the same ammo our smallbore rifle club uses. Haven't seen anybody blaming the ammo for causing low scores out of their 54's.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Their Rifle Match shot consistently under 1/2" for 5 shots at 50 yards out of my 453, sometimes under .4. That was the only measuring I did.

Now I see they have two match loads. One is for rifles with 24" barrels. Haven't bought any as CCI SV gets about all there is out of my current rifle.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Dave

Well, instead of doing all that stupid schit you should have just shot it.

That's the same ammo our smallbore rifle club uses. Haven't seen anybody blaming the ammo for causing low scores out of their 54's.

Dave

The Super Express subsonic shot inconsistent group in a variety of accurate rifles, which is why I bought the rim thickness gauge and tried to improve the performance by sorting it. While sorting it did improve the results, significantly reducing fliers, the effort to sort it wasn't worth time involved, so I have opted to buy better ammo. Aguila still makes a subsonic 22LR round, but they no longer call it "Super Express" and the graphics on the packaging is different. It is their item #18222269 at www.agilaammo.com.

I don't doubt that other people have had good success with Aguila ammo, but I didn't, so I have opted not to buy it as long as mid-grade Eley and RWS options are available.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
For indoor shooting it stinks smell wise

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
And Eley doesn't?

Dave

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Eley's primer compound is delicious smelling nose candy to me

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
That's why God made outdoors.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've shot a couple of different types of their ammo from the super high velocity 20g to the Colibri and been well pleased with the quality and performance of their products.

I am much more a hunter than an accuracy connoisseur. Their Super Colibri is a screamer and has the sound to go with it. Their Colibri is also a 20g sub sonic no powder round that will bounce off a 2x4 but also serves a purpose.

I've also noticed that there always seems to be much more Aguila ammo around and their boxes are so colorful !!!!

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I have been using the copper-plated HV stuff a LOT lately. I love it, it shoots better than Mini-Mags in my CZ 452, and it's every bit as reliable. I had a half-case before the election, but "just in case" Clinton DID win, I left the polling place and went directly over to a big shop locally, and bought a whole case of it. I think those 7500 rounds will last me awhile, but I have plenty of rimfire rifles and pistols to shoot it in. I shoot it in three .22 pistols, that 452 and a 455, 10/22, and a few others.
That shop had two pallets of it on hand.

It's reliable, accurate (in my guns, anyway) and most important, AVAILABLE.

Don't be scared of it, it's awfully good stuff.
Excellent. TY. smile

Originally Posted by Steelhead
That's why God made outdoors.
LMAO...

True - but some small-bore clubs only have indoor ranges for some competitions.. Not much choice then.. A club 25 miles WNW of me uses the upper floor of their clubhouse for 22lr competition..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Indoor clubs must be a Yankee thing, like ice fishing.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 7 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.