Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by whistle1
There is some kind of BS going on here. As of a few seconds ago spot for gold was $1195.00/ oz.

Umm...

It bears the $100 denomination, but sells for the current gold price.

At the very least...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw...merican+liberty+gold+coin&rmvSB=true

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Try to sell one back to the goobermint and they'd happily give you a crisp new Ben Franklin for it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
? Is this the upshot from the thing where the Obama administration wanted a woman depicted on US currency but made no case for who would be deserving of that honor?

Some argument could be made for Ross, Parks, or O'Connor but my last recollection of it seemed like they were stuck on the gender aspect and didn't bother about qualifications.

So was the solution to invent a new coin denomination?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Holy Christ, there are a bunch of stupid [bleep] on the 'Fire. It continues to impress.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Holy Christ, there are a bunch of stupid [bleep] on the 'Fire. It continues to impress.

That's why so feel so at home here, among your peeps...

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Holy Christ, there are a bunch of stupid [bleep] on the 'Fire. It continues to impress. Entertain..

Fixt. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buckskin
I wonder if these will be 99.9% gold, as other country's produce? Or, as an Obama coin, just a gold plated zink coin!!

Respects,
Richard

If it were an Obama coin it'd be a nickle plated packed turd.

fixed it

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whistle1
There is some kind of BS going on here. As of a few seconds ago spot for gold was $1195.00/ oz.

Umm...

It bears the $100 denomination, but sells for the current gold price.

apparent there are few gold buyers

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is this story from "The Onion"? Reeks of bs.

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by jnyork
Is this story from "The Onion"? Reeks of bs.

Sadly I doubt it. It is exactly the kind of garbage the current admin would approve.

Now to the coins themselves, sorry guys (and maybe it was joking) but your not getting these 'beauties' for the $100 face value. It's gonna be spot + some premium. Hell I'd buy the whole lot were it an ounce of gold for $100...not happening...actually I'd buy all of the $5 gold Indians instead but that's not happening either.

I see these as being a real flop among the numismatist crowd (angry white guys that can afford them) and the progressive crowd (unless they can use their EBT and Snap cards to buy them). So, a wildly unsuccessful mintage all around; but that is typical of so many liberal programs. Expect they will all be purchased for Spot + whatever bullion goes for.

...and I laugh a bit now that I think it over some more. Where do I see most of the ads marketing these type of 'investments'? Hunting and fishing mags and in my latest copy of NRA, probably not a great venue to hock these wares.

Last edited by westside_benny; 01/13/17.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Its real but it's a COMMEMORATIVE coin, not intended to be in general circulation. I couldn't find any mention of selling price. That probably depends on the gold price when it's released.

LA Times:
The U.S. Mint has unveiled a commemorative $100 gold coin that features an image of Liberty as a black woman.

The 2017 American Liberty 225th Anniversary Gold Coin shows the woman's head in profile with a crown of stars. It features the year of the mint's founding, 1792, as well as 2017. The mint says the other side of the coin will depict an eagle in flight.

The coin will be released on April 6. The mint says it's the first in a series of 24-karat gold coins that will also depict Liberty in designs representing Asian Americans, Latino Americans and Indian Americans.

The mint says the goal of the coins is to reflect the "the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
actually i may buy a couple if the premium isn't to high over spot. by the time most buyers melt theirs down and sell it as bullion it may have some collectible value. don't see it happening but stranger things happen.

Last edited by deerstalker; 01/13/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Silly people do silly shiite.

Last edited by 280shooter; 01/13/17.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ah, it's just ......Chiiimp change?

Last edited by Prwlr; 01/13/17. Reason: they bleeped chi--p

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm surprised The Zero didn't insist on Lady Liberty in a burqua.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Try to sell one back to the goobermint and they'd happily give you a crisp new Ben Franklin for it.

The exact same program this is a part of has been around for many decades... Nothing new other than the image.

Some will not buy because of the image but coin collectors I find to run to the liberal side of things, often as not. Some will guess few will sell, so they will buy hoping for the increase in Numismatic value. Very few of these actually do much unless some unusual factor steps in like wars, recessions, depressions, wild metals value swings, etc... and then it usually takes a long time for the value to do anything...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was excited when I got the mint notice about the "new Mint Centennial Commerative" gold coin. But after reading and seeing the "depiction" of Lady Liberty, I will not be buying any of that trash!

"Not a Gun Free Zone"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They can KMA.

You got that right!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
jeez....

[Linked Image]

No 'Bantu Bucks' allowed in my house.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You folks don't like it because it has a black woman on it?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 44mc, Ashworth, 10 invisible), 1,258 guests, and 851 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,262
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.