Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I was sitting in a mall waiting for my wife, when a guy sat down next to me. He looked at my cap, noticed it was from seed company, and asked me if I farmed. I told him I did a little, and he said he did too, only a he farmed a lot. He said he "ran" John Deere equipment, and asked me "what do you run". I said "depends on who's after me". He didn't think it was funny. This is the younger generation versus the older. I don't run guns, I shoot them, and think the term "running" a gun is just downright stupid.

By the way, OrangeOkie, I don't think it was a stupid question.

Wow, you are a stupid fu(k, apparently the guy at the mall thought so too.

Must have you.....lol. The guy did look like someone from your part of the woods.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
When someone states they are "running" a firearm, is that some sort of competition, like timed shooting, or tactical course shooting? Does it include old fashioned target shooting? I read this from time to time in threads that are discussing shooting.

Aren't you originally from texass?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This reminds me of the phrase people are using that I had never seen until this last hunting season- when someone posts a picture of a dead deer or other dead animal from a successful hunt on some social media site, 90% of the time they write "I got 'er done today."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you can run away from a firearm.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They are the same stupid $hit for brains that watch hunting shows and think the ignorant S O B that has just shot an animal and keeps yelling " HE DOWN, HE DOWN, is cool!!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Must be something like a running iron.

MissouriEd I don't think so it is my understand if you were good with a running iron you would likely end up dancing on a rope. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Running" is so much cooler that "shooting" or "using."

Besides, "running" goes better with my flannel shirt, my beard and my skinny jeans. When I speak of "running" my AR hard, goddammit I have cred.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by mohick
They are the same stupid $hit for brains that watch hunting shows and think the ignorant S O B that has just shot an animal and keeps yelling " HE DOWN, HE DOWN, is cool!!

Those people from Missouri certainly are annoying.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do I run a fry pan when I cook? No

Do I run a machine if I stand at a drill press or drive a tractor for 8 hours a day on my job? Yes

Difference is duration.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by viking
Hey 'flave where were ya yesterday, county? Testeing gear for us. Glad to see your functioning in the cold. Lol

This is a true story...

I spent the entire morning making my youngest daughter a birthday cake. She helped. We get all done and I put it inside this little cake briefcase looking thing so I could take it out to the garage to stay chilled.

Anyway, one of the little snap levers on one side broke as I walked out the door.

It hit the floor like a cowpie fired from a cannon.

Have you ever made a cake? Not like a box cake, a real fugking cake? It's fugking agonizing. It takes hours and hours. Holy fugk I about hit the ceiling. Plan was to make good memories for the kid and now all she's going to remember is me dropping f-bombs and cursing the Chinese. And of course the dog tried to eat the whole mess so she witnessed a solid rib shot.

Wife gets back from running errands and sees what appears to be a sasquatche's leavings on the threshold of our front door. She gives me the "what the fugk?" I'm like, don't WTF me or you'll be wearing Irish sunglasses for your daughter's birthday.

Long story short, I had to make two cakes. Never again.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Mike

Miculek is an amazing man.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Check out Bob Munden

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
That ad hoc terminology seems to fall into the same category as Remy, Winnie, etc. Must float some ego boats.

I posted the same sort of response at the end of the thread, then deleted it when I read yours. smile

Sam......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just wanted you to all know, that most of my rifles wear Leopold scopes.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kellory
....and here I thought guns were "run" by "operators " in the technicool world.

Some historical perspective. "Running the gun" is a phrase developed by a top secret team of govt. operators. It was designed to produce a pavlovian response from fudds, closed minded old farts and other assorted dumfugks. It has been proven to function as designed.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bunch of grouchy Fuggs on both sides of the question. Who cares if sound stupid and who cares if it sounds cool. Mohick you need to take some anti depressants you are giving us Missourians a bad name.

GO CHIEFS

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have an AR with a gas operated action, so it makes sense that when I shoot that I'm running it right? My car 'runs' on gas and so does my rifle, whats the big deal?

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by viking
Hey 'flave where were ya yesterday, county? Testeing gear for us. Glad to see your functioning in the cold. Lol

This is a true story...

I spent the entire morning making my youngest daughter a birthday cake. She helped. We get all done and I put it inside this little cake briefcase looking thing so I could take it out to the garage to stay chilled.

Anyway, one of the little snap levers on one side broke as I walked out the door.

It hit the floor like a cowpie fired from a cannon.

Have you ever made a cake? Not like a box cake, a real fugking cake? It's fugking agonizing. It takes hours and hours. Holy fugk I about hit the ceiling. Plan was to make good memories for the kid and now all she's going to remember is me dropping f-bombs and cursing the Chinese. And of course the dog tried to eat the whole mess so she witnessed a solid rib shot.

Wife gets back from running errands and sees what appears to be a sasquatche's leavings on the threshold of our front door. She gives me the "what the fugk?" I'm like, don't WTF me or you'll be wearing Irish sunglasses for your daughter's birthday.

Long story short, I had to make two cakes. Never again.

Clark

LMAO. I am now a slightly richer man for the term "Irish Sunglasses" Feel a little deprived having had to negotiate this much of my life without that one.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by McInnis
Just wanted you to all know, that most of my rifles wear Leopold scopes.

Does your rifle "run" a Leopold scope? wink

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That's silly

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,897 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,525
Posts18,452,804
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.