Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#11741451 01/15/17
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Give me a break! I'm so sick of reading article after article making Sen. John Lewis out to be some kind of victim. Trump's responses apparently are not aimed at a senator that called him illegitimate and refused to attend the inauguration. No, his replies are aimed at a civil rights hero. Just because he marched across the Edmund Pettis bridge and was assaulted by a trooper doesn't mean he is immune to response to his crap. People keep "tweeting" to Lewis's defense because he earned respect in the 60s. Holy @?(#!! My actions and words have consequences no matter what I did in the past!!!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
As far as legitimacy goes, he had a legitimate beef in the 60's. He does not, now. The left in general, are refusing to realize that they lost. These people that call ME a bigot, are supremely intolerant of any view but their own. At this point, they are anarchists.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
At the tail end of Meet the Press yesterday morning, Chuck Todd admitted that John Lewis was reaping tremendous fund-raising benefit from this little dust-up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to be able to spell "Senator" to be one. That keeps Lewis a Rep.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Trump will make them look bad everytime simply by asking people to look at the current state of affairs and pointing out who has been in office. Results results results.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John Lewis is a shell of the Civil Rights Icon he is lauded to be. Lewis, along with the late Hosea Williams, were not masterminds that planed the grand strategy of the CR movement of the 1950's and 60's. Lewis was not Andrew Young or Ralph David Abernathy. Rather, Lewis and Williams were the agitators. King sent them ahead to locations he would march and speak to rile up the people in advance of King's visits. That's why you have these stories about Lewis getting firehosed, dog bitten and arrested. He was stirring up civil disturbance.

Lewis is not eloquent, and is a pawn of the Democratic machine that trots him out anytime they need to make a racial statement because they want to make him above criticism.

I will say this about Trump, he is not quite accurate about Lewis' district. While it is not Beverly Hills, it is no Chicago or Detroit. His District doesn't have serious decay and crime that other major urban Districts have. Also, Lewis is better ignored than battled with in a Twitter war. Don't waste the energy and give him more than one 24 hour news cycle. Ignore him and Pelosi puts him back on the shelf until needed next time.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You have to be able to spell "Senator" to be one. That keeps Lewis a Rep.

Yep. You're correct. Not sure why I was thinking Senator. I guess the saying is true that "our IQ drops when we are pi$$ed!"

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Lewis has always tried to stir things up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
going out on a limb with predicting the next Dem candidate for pres will be colored.
I think several dark-ees are positioning themselves to be the nominee.

.... like tears in the rain
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Who threw the first punch, anyway.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
going out on a limb with predicting the next Dem candidate for pres will be colored.

Cory Booker

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

It is very possible that their next nominee will be from one of their "inclusion politics" groups. Could be Black, female, GLetc., but I would doubt Latino. they will give this one more shot at forcing a bad candidate on us "just because they are:" a female or minority. When that fails. They will give it up for a cycle or two and lament about "how much further ther have to go".

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rush called him simply a "democrat hack" today on his show.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Rush knows

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yet the SOB never said a word when Obama tried to undermine the Israeli election..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He is part of the problem,not part of the solution.He is a black racist and is not willing to change.

Last edited by baldhunter; 01/16/17.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by releehweoj
At the tail end of Meet the Press yesterday morning, Chuck Todd admitted that John Lewis was reaping tremendous fund-raising benefit from this little dust-up.

And the truth is, that's all it's about with Lewis. He has totally lost sight of principle in any shape or form. It's what he can get out of it. He want's recognition, money and more power, so he can get more recognition and power. He's a low life race baiter and that's on a good day.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Curious - just what does his face look like to you?

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Listen to him speak for 30 seconds and you'll know you are listening to someone who couldn't run a spray nozzle on a garden hose. The guy doesn't have the brains of a chipmunk.
He is irrelevant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Rush called him simply a "democrat hack" today on his show.

He must have read my post. wink

Originally Posted by hatari
John Lewis is a shell of the Civil Rights Icon he is lauded to be. Lewis, along with the late Hosea Williams, were not masterminds that planed the grand strategy of the CR movement of the 1950's and 60's. Lewis was not Andrew Young or Ralph David Abernathy. Rather, Lewis and Williams were the agitators. King sent them ahead to locations he would march and speak to rile up the people in advance of King's visits. That's why you have these stories about Lewis getting firehosed, dog bitten and arrested. He was stirring up civil disturbance.

Lewis is not eloquent, and is a pawn of the Democratic machine that trots him out anytime they need to make a racial statement because they want to make him above criticism.

I will say this about Trump, he is not quite accurate about Lewis' district. While it is not Beverly Hills, it is no Chicago or Detroit. His District doesn't have serious decay and crime that other major urban Districts have. Also, Lewis is better ignored than battled with in a Twitter war. Don't waste the energy and give him more than one 24 hour news cycle. Ignore him and Pelosi puts him back on the shelf until needed next time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,733
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.