Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 1010
Originally Posted by Captain
Could be bad disconnector or disconnector spring installed incorrectly or the whole trigger assembly.

This^^ Happened to me! Very small spring either missing or installed incorrectly!

You don't need a new trigger man!! geezz

So you are good with a 3 pound single stage "factory" trigger that's been tuned in an AR15?

I'm saying before you go drop a bunch of money on a new fcg check the disconnect spring!

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
I would order a new Ruger two-stage or a Rock River.

Dave

Just looked, they need to do that one in 3 or 3.5 in a drop in, single unit, and drop the price to around 100 bucks or so( I only looked at price at Rugers site...)

CDNN had them for $99.99 so I grabbed one.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Captain
Could be bad disconnector or disconnector spring installed incorrectly or the whole trigger assembly.

This^^ Happened to me! Very small spring either missing or installed incorrectly!

You don't need a new trigger man!! geezz

So you are good with a 3 pound single stage "factory" trigger that's been tuned in an AR15?

I'm saying before you go drop a bunch of money on a new fcg check the disconnect spring!

And I'm saying a 3 pound doctored factory single stage trigger that doesn't work right is the BEST thing to ever happen, so that it gets junked and replaced. Not fixed. It'll keep doing it over and over again eventually. Not something I want in one of my guns. YMMV.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I would order a new Ruger two-stage or a Rock River.

Dave

Just looked, they need to do that one in 3 or 3.5 in a drop in, single unit, and drop the price to around 100 bucks or so( I only looked at price at Rugers site...)

CDNN had them for $99.99 so I grabbed one.

Dave
For a single unit thats nto a bad price. I bet I could figure out how to make it into a 3 or 3.5 pound trigger with a bit of looking... but you need 4.5 or more to pass weight... I think you got a decent price for sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I got another one from Trigger Tech coming that I'm going to put in my other Colt. We'll see how it do.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
A gunsmith friend of mine back in Dickinson ND, said he used to install light triggers. PIA he said, guys would bring them back after double taps and triples. He said they get out of adjustment.

He said on Gunbroker there are triggers made in AZ. Velocity triggers. They are modular just like the Ruger.

Anyway Serenity Arms left me a message today. He said he would pick it up and fix it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I would NOT let him "fix" it, it will happen again.

I'd make him replace it with something reliable.

Just IMHO.

Heck buy a RRA Varmint, and I'll put it in, its not rocket science. But it is 2 stage

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Just got of the phone. He will replace it with an better trigger.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good news.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by viking

He said on Gunbroker there are triggers made in AZ. Velocity triggers. They are modular just like the Ruger.

Got one in a carbine I have. If you're a single stage guy, I think they're a good option. Quick and easy to install and so far after a couple thousand rounds, no burps.

I'm going to put another one in my current build.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do not return to the range with that thing until you get it fixed. At least twice I've read of guys who got in dutch with the feds because their guns did exactly what yours did. Even though both were genuine malfunctions caused by mechanical failures, not garage tinkering, the feds came down hard on the owners. Even if you don't end up in the pokey, you probably will lose the rifle, and spend money on lawyers, if they get involved.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A gunsmith friend of mine back in Dickinson ND, said he used to install light triggers. PIA he said, guys would bring them back after double taps and triples. He said they get out of adjustment.

I understand that is a problem with ALL light single stage AR triggers, even the cartridges.

If you want an install and forget about it trigger, get a 2 stage.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
How do you guys eliminate the primers from being the problem without asking how they are loaded. Maybe a dumb question or a simple answer that I haven't thought out.

There is no place like home. Western Oklahoma.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How could the primers be a problem?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by BarryC

I understand that is a problem with ALL light single stage AR triggers, even the cartridges.

If you want an install and forget about it trigger, get a 2 stage.

I have 6 TIMNEY 3lb triggers and never had a single problem.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah but the timneys I've pulled had enough creep in them to make them safe....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Cabarillo
How do you guys eliminate the primers from being the problem without asking how they are loaded. Maybe a dumb question or a simple answer that I haven't thought out.

If it were primers, don't ya think the whole mag would have emptied out?

I've seen probably who knows how many millions of AR rounds fired... literally, lots of matches... and I"ve seen 2 slam fires that might have been primer related.

Mind you I don't use federal or WW primers for the AR, but even then this is a trigger issue. Not a primer issue, 99% sure of that.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
None of mine have creep either if they did I wouldn't use them.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Send one this way, I"ve never felt a timney without creep. If I did, I'd have bought some.

But i'm pretty picky now... I mean I can feel creep otehrs can't... probably due to hundreds of thousands of competition AR rounds downrange....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cabarillo

Well, I think.

And then my brain tells me that primers weren't the problem.

Dave

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.