-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
There is so much redundancy and overlap in the Fed that we wouldn't even notice if we gutted 20%. In fact you could probably cut 50% of federal and most state government employees and no one (other than those employees and their families) would know it.

Boom: Trump eyes 10% spending cuts, 20% slash of federal workers
By PAUL BEDARD • 1/17/17 9:18 AM

Making good on a promise to slash government, President-elect Trump has asked his incoming team to pursue spending and staffing cuts.

Insiders said that the spending reductions in some departments could go as high as 10 percent and staff cuts to 20 percent, numbers that would rock Washington if he follows through.

At least two so-called "landing teams" in Cabinet agencies have relayed the call for cuts as part of their marching orders to shrink the flab in government.

The cuts would target discretionary spending, not mandated programs such as Medicare or Social Security, the sources said.

The spending reductions are expected to be used to help pay for Trump's plan to boost the Pentagon's budget, tax cuts and some pet projects, potentially including the anti-immigration wall on the nation's southern border.

The teams also are looking at staffing cuts over four years through attrition, a hiring freeze and reorganization.

The plan is winning cheers in conservative, anti-tax and anti-spending corners in Washington that have long sought massive cuts in the bureaucracy.

Presidents rarely cut spending, choosing freezes instead. In the meantime, federal spending has reached historic levels. Trump has picked a budget hawk, Rep. Mick Mulvaney, to head the Office of Management and Budget, a clear sign that spending cuts are a top priority.

Still, Trump is likely to face a wall of opposition from Democrats and federal unions who consider much of the federal workforce on their side.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/boom-t...article/2612037

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Run it like a business. Go DT! What a breath of fresh air, and just in time. Actually too late, but better late than never.

LOL
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Fire those mutherfuggers

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What good is it to fire some little working slob at one agency, so he can go to work for the little working defense department bureaucracy?

Just moving money around doesn't impress me.....

Eliminate the deficit, pay down the national debt. That would impress me.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just wait - the howling of outrage from Dems will be audible all the way to HI..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Dutch
What good is it to fire some little working slob at one agency, so he can go to work for the little working defense department bureaucracy?

What are you talking about? The idea is remove them from a job that is payed for by tax payers and give them a job at perhaps a Ford factory where they are no longer a liability. The money to pay for the deficit has to come from somewhere

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by Dutch

What are you talking about? The idea is remove them from a job that is payed for by tax payers and give them a job at perhaps a Ford factory where they are no longer a liability. The money to pay for the deficit has to come from somewhere

Trystan

But,but they would have to(GASP) work at a Ford factory!!! shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Heck

They would have to WORK

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The operative term being "work" I presume.
Many .gov employees seem to forget that the great unwashed "public" are their customers - hence need to get a real job.
Keep the good ones - shi-can the sorry m'fkr's!
OOPS - that would eliminate more "workers" than needed! frown

How many here remember the term -
"Shape up, or ship out!"

Last edited by mark shubert; 01/17/17.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.