Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
What else did they expect? Fug em.

They expected Hillary to win.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
BP-B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just amazing.

Retired cat herder.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by steve4102
What else did they expect? Fug em.

They expected Hillary to win.
That's it. They put all their eggs in that basket. They overestimated their power and influence.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That's what I say. Fug them

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Seeing as how Romney was among the most outspoken in his opposition to Trump yet visited Trump twice after the election, I think any enemies list is more "fake news"..........(Nixon not withstanding).....

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Seeing as how Romney was among the most outspoken in his opposition to Trump yet visited Trump twice after the election, I think any enemies list is more "fake news"..........(Nixon not withstanding).....

Casey

Trump was just having a good time rubbing Romney's nose in it.

Here's some good commentary on the matter from Vox Popoli.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2017/01/pity-poor-never-trumpers.html#comment-form

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
It would be nice to know who's on the lists. The links in the WA Post article are NFG.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Draining the Swamp. I love it.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA

“It’s hostile,” said this person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for fear of further retribution. “It’s not just that we’re frozen out. . . . I was told they said there was an enemies list.”

Jeez, what the heck do they expect?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An excerpt from Trump's book "Think Like a Champion", from an essay therein titled "It's Not Personal, It's Business":

"I have to be careful not to blow people away, because if you cross me personally and professionally, I'll have a double whammy waiting for you. I don't enjoy being vicious, but sometimes in self-defense it becomes necessary. I don't like the double standard, as in, whatever I do is okay and whatever you do isn't okay, or vice versa. If you treat me a certain way, then I can treat you that way, too. Some people call that the old "an eye for an eye" approach, but I call it playing fair. Sometimes the only way to deal with a bully is to punch him back. Let them know who they're dealing with. Fair play is fair play - and once again, don't take it personally."

I wouldn't anticipate him out to take personal revenge against people like Nixon would have done, that just wastes time and energy better put toward more constructive purposes. But as folks here have said, "actions have consequences". Now those who fought against him or refused to even consider him a viable candidate are reaping what they have sown.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Maybe he was rubbing Romney's nose in it!

And I don't blame Trump for ignoring that bunch, but if he found them useful Trump would probably enlist them anyway.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What can I say?

Go Trump!

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Correct me if I'm wrong. Romney may have visited (to grovel?) but he came away with zip, nada. Right?

Trump is a master negotiator. He isn't about to give something away until he needs something in return. If you're on that list, it's gonna cost you big time to get off it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Romney may have visited (to grovel?) but he came away with zip, nada. Right?

That's the "rubbing his nose in it" part. grin

Your not fired, because I never hired you! But you ARE dismissed!

Next!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Must mean that Trump loses his Senate majority then, since there was at least 1 NeverTrump Republican Senator.

Since Trump is such a hardball player, right?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Must mean that Trump loses his Senate majority then, since there was at least 1 NeverTrump Republican Senator.

He'll get their cooperation via the Bully Pulpit, which is even more powerful today than in Reagan's day, thanks to the internet which allows a popular president to bypass the establishment press entirely and speak directly to the people.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No, he is a politician and anything he doesn't want to stand by will simply be deemed "not a core promise".

We Australians have experience with this little marvel.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

He'll get their cooperation via the Bully Pulpit, which is even more powerful today than in Reagan's day, thanks to the internet which allows a popular president to bypass the establishment press entirely and speak directly to the people.

I'm actually laughing at this whole thing..

Trump's in the midst of setting up his team, and people are surprised that he's not giving government positions to people who didn't support him???

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

To frigging funny.

But the Republican coalition isn't so deep that he can start attacking people who are no longer attacking him. He's played THIS game long enough that he knows who he still needs on his side, and he'll work with them - even if he doesn't give them cabinet positions.

TFF.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I'm actually laughing at this whole thing..

Trump's in the midst of setting up his team, and people are surprised that he's not giving government positions to people who didn't support him???

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

To frigging funny.

But the Republican coalition isn't so deep that he can start attacking people who are no longer attacking him. He's played THIS game long enough that he knows who he still needs on his side, and he'll work with them - even if he doesn't give them cabinet positions.

TFF.
The movers and shakers among the neocons aren't that many in real numbers. It's just that they had command of the levers of power within the Republican establishment since those Reagan referred to as "those crazies in the basement" took over the G.W. Bush administration.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Casey

Was Romney invited or summoned?

I can't seem to remember what he gained from those visits. Nor can I recall hearing Romney open his yap since.

Last edited by rlott; 01/17/17.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
546 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,735
Posts18,401,057
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.