Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We've had a bumper crop of cottontails around here this Winter.
My wife took her car in for an oil change last week and the shop told her that the car's oxygen sensor wasn't working and needed changing.
We took it in yesterday for the sensor to be changed and walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch.
When we got back the lady at the desk called in one of the technicians and told him to tell us what happened.
He said when he opened the hood a rabbit jumped out and started running around the shop. They finally shooed him out the door. They then showed us the old sensor. The wires had been gnawed in two. In other words before the oil change. We're wondering if he was in the car and hid out under the hood during the oil change. It's been pretty cold (single and sometimes double digit temps in the minus range) and we wonder if he had just taken up permanent residence there.
My wife had been feeding the rabbits but now she's threatening to shoot them. The women has no sense of humor.
David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
That's a great story. When I was a kid my folks briefly had a cat that came to them under the hood of a car. They found it a new home where it shortly went missing again. A few days later they pick up the paper (small town) and there's a picture of a cat sitting on the lap of a manikin in the front window of a store. The paper's photographer took the picture on his way to work that day and ended up keeping the cat. We went to the photographer's home and it was the same cat as it had a small burn mark on its face. I don't know if it took any more rides after that but some animals do manage getting around.

Last edited by S99VG; 01/18/17.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Took in an injured cat behind the house probably 12 years ago or so for a while. Injuries included burns that the vet said was likely caused by getting caught in the engine of a car. Know a number of folks that have found cats or other critters in their engines that were warming up in the winter.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing quite like feral cat prints all over your hood and windshield. I once had one that liked to sleep in my Isuzu Amigo. For those that don't know it's a 4x4 Jeep-like vehicle with a half top. That cat would root around in their at night and finally had to meet his maker. Nasty little critters.

Never heard of a bunny in a car.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had an old 50 Hp air cooled Same when I was farming
Down here when you park up at the end of the day you have to lift the engine cover to stop birds nesting under the cover
This cover was front hinged and had a leather strap between the top of the fuel tank and the front of the cover to stop it tipping all the way over
Parked the tractor up one afternoon lifted the engine cover
and went home
Came back the next morning to see the cover down and the tail and rear end of a Possum sticking up through the fuel flap
Appears he was looking for a warm place for the night and stood on the leather strap and the engine cover fell down trapping him on top of the fuel tank and broke his back

One in the hand is better than two in the bush

Graham
IC B2

wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I almost didn't post this. I'm glad I did. These stories are funny. Keep them coming.
I was telling one of friends about the rabbit He said a cat got under the hood of his car. When they started the car the cat started screaming. They got him out and he was badly skinned up. He apparently wasn't too smart and got under the hood again. This time it was fatal.
David

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've had snakes up around the engines in my construction ,logging equipment. eek They tend to startle one when you open the hood to check the oil in the morning !! grin

wyo1895 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I think the technician who, ah, discovered the rabbit almost crapped his pants. He looks about 14, is about 5'4" and weighs maybe 120 lbs. He still looked a little wary when he was telling us about it. My wife and I and the female receptionist who is at least 6' tall were all laughing which didn't help him any. David

wyo1895
[email protected]

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 3,010 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.