Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If nothing else, it's entertaining as all hell. Tweet away. Too bad if you punch the bully in the eye while you're doing it. Fu ck 'em.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Fu ck 'em keep right on tweeting!
It got him elected and it drives the msm nuts!
THAT!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Best thing about trump is he isn't a politician. They try to make everyone happy without offending anyone. Trump is more realistic. ANY decision is going to offend someone, anything you say will offend someone. He doesn't care. Says what he thinks is right and moves on.

About time.

+1 and he's not affected by the bribes from special interest groups. Those folks don't know what to do if they can't buy votes - refreshing.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I love it. One of the reasons for Bush 43's downfall and Obama's subsequent ascent was the unrelenting, unresponded-to lies from the left. Bush refused to "sully" the office of President by responding but it made the lies look like truth. It hurt him and it cost lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. He never realized that the greatest enemy this country has is not Iraq, Afghanistan, Russia, China, ISIS, etc. It is liberalism and nowhere is liberalism more rampant than in the mainstream media. Trump's ability to combat that is why he won and how he will be successful as President.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How long after the inauguration do you think it will be before Twitter (under pressure from the left and the MSM) closes Trump's account?

As long as he can "tweet" he is in control. Take that account away and Trump will be severely crippled.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
Take that account away and Trump will be severely crippled.

Betcha whitehouse.gov comes out with an alternative....

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Ignore the mutherfuggersvand go on

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Trump uses Tweets to bypass the hostile media. By doing so, he controls/sets the narrative/agenda and here we are, talking about it.

DF

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Trump and his Twitter account are the most astoundingly effective weapon ever wielded by a GOP President elect. George Bush was paralyzed by any and all criticism. Romney ran and hid from criticism. Trump actively goes after his critics, and fights back.
I applaud him for kicking the ankle biters.

This is the appeal of Trump to Blue Collar white Union voter that the Dems never got. They (and many of the rest of us) grew sick and tired of the GOP leaders wilting and pussing out the first time CNN and Salon and HuffPO criticized them.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
It ain't nearly so much fun to snipe from the weeds if you know you're gonna get a prompt machine gun blast. I love it.

DT is smarter than they are and a whole lot smarter than they think he is.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Between Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, Trump has almost 50 million followers for his direct message. Many more people than tune into CNN on any given day.

Also this, Twitter gets news out so fast that by the time Media builds in "spin", the real story has been told twice already.
Originally Posted by centershot
Twitter is the new media - it's quick, short, honest and nobody get a chance to spin it before it hits the public. The conventional media is scrambling to keep up and losing ground every minute, much like print media is now dead. Trump is and has been a step ahead of the media all along.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by davet
Between Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, Trump has almost 50 million followers for his direct message. Many more people than tune into CNN on any given day.

Also this, Twitter gets news out so fast that by the time Media builds in "spin", the real story has been told twice already.
Originally Posted by centershot
Twitter is the new media - it's quick, short, honest and nobody get a chance to spin it before it hits the public. The conventional media is scrambling to keep up and losing ground every minute, much like print media is now dead. Trump is and has been a step ahead of the media all along.

Yep.

I doubt any news network has 50 mil viewers at any one time.

The Donald does... cool

Every time he tweets... grin

And don't ya know, that really pizzes'em off... wink

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
How long after the inauguration do you think it will be before Twitter (under pressure from the left and the MSM) closes Trump's account?

As long as he can "tweet" he is in control. Take that account away and Trump will be severely crippled.

I think they are smart enough to keep the account that keeps them in the news. I'd wager his account is the single most important account they have and accounts for a significant percentage of new followers and company growth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess he can keep it up, as it seems to be today's method for staying informed. Trump needs some sharp writers though capable of drafting comebacks with serious bite. Seems many of Great Britain's leaders have a real talent for putting people in place with just a one liner. Haven't heard any of Trump's responses that come even close to being classics.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/18/17.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Twitter gives Trump great power over the MSM, it's a beautiful thing to behold.

Many have underestimated Trump, All have lost.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RWE
I got an idea.

I think I'll give him a few months actually in office before I bitch about tweeting.

This. I do think Trump looks like a Buffoon when he battles with people of no consequence on twitter. I hope he tempers that.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What's a tweet?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Twitter is DT's answer to the old sayin that a lie makes it halfway round the world before the truth's got its pants on.

With DT, the truth is round the world before the lie can be spun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope no problem at all with you starting this thread hatari

Good discussion

''Tis evident the mileage varies and I'm good with that as posters make some valid,points about not just rolling over and taking the criticisms of his detractors

Will have to say I agree with the poster that opined, he needs some witty bastid to do the responding for him on twitter

I'm thinking steelhead and bristoe could do well with that job

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Look, I don't like tweeting. I have other things I could be doing. But I get very dishonest media, very dishonest press. And it's my only way that I can counteract," said the Republican president-elect.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 49 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,186
Posts18,465,749
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.