Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imagine that! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Spin, spin, and more spin... gotta make it all about racism. That's the liberal narrative, and they're gonna keep poundin' it and poundin' it until everyone believes it.

Never mind that many of the same whites who voted for Trump in 2016 also voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Doesn't matter. Cause they're RACIS'.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Spin, spin, and more spin... gotta make it all about racism. That's the liberal narrative, and they're gonna keep poundin' it and poundin' it until everyone believes it.

Never mind that many of the same whites who voted for Trump in 2016 also voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Doesn't matter. Cause they're RACIS'.
Being confronted with reality on a daily basis, and voting for your interests, isn't correctly characterized as racism.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's called identity politics.

Every other ethnicity has been practicing it for a long time. Obama's Presidency demonstrated that it's necessary for Caucasians to be a part of it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Race issues weren't even on the radar for many, many years before Obama.

Lots of people voted for Trump in hopes of seeing the race issues go away.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
NBN.. They need a dose of lead..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When Jesse Jackson ran for the presidential nomination he pooled better with whites in states with few blacks. I think his highest success among whites was in North Dakota and Illinois was among the lowest.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Being confronted with reality on a daily basis, and voting for your interests, isn't correctly characterized as racism.

Almost nothing that they call racist is actually racist, that does not stop the media and liberals from accusing everyone and everything of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll veer the thread a few degrees off course.

I'm definitely racist toward black people. I love living in Idaho because there are so few black people here, although we are getting more.

Now I'll mitigate that by saying that I don't hate all black people because they are black, don't really hate anybody but I am extremely prejudiced toward young black males or any "person of color" who strikes me as trash* whether they are male or female. Many African-Americans, negroes, black people, whatever, definitely have a cultural problem that makes it dangerous to be around black neighborhoods. It's even more dangerous for the folks who live in those neighborhoods.

And while that problem affects me (or did when I lived in areas with a large population of black people) it's not my problem to fix. Neither I nor any white or Asian person can fix it, only black people can do that by a fundamental change of attitude. Some, many, have. Many haven't - those are the ones I am deeply prejudiced against and will move to a "ready to draw immediately" status the few times they are around me here.

While I no longer live around a lot of black people, I once did and that memory is hard to erase.

* I've thought about this quite a lot and my prejudices are more toward "people of trash" no matter what color they are. We can go on and on about what constitutes white or black or Asian trash, but the prejudice and avoidance/threat reaction is more toward a low class behavior and attitude than the color of their skin. That said, I will react more readily toward a young black male until I see he is not a threat since an abundance of empirical evidence shows that it is foolish not to. Even Jesse Jackson tells the story of walking at night in a neighborhood in or around Washington D.C. and hearing footsteps behind him, and then feeling so relieved to turn around and see that the people behind him where white.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lived near them. Worked with them. 20 murders in one year in the county where I used to live. 21 people arrested. 20 black. All convicted.

Moved to rural West Virginia. No negros no crime. Went to a gun show in Charleston,WV. the states capitol. Very large negro population.

Sirens and flashing lights all damn day. Plenty of murders.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Imagine that! smile

seeing all that black culture close up, makes you willing to do something to change your chances in life.

Sam......

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I wonder why?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Imagine that! smile

seeing all that black culture close up, makes you willing to do something to change your chances in life.

I live in a very rural area but my county as a whole is 55% black. I can't remember the last time a black person in a grocery store that didn't use an EBT card. On here you'll constantly see me harping on the welfare state and how it is the root of many of the wrongs in the U.S., my up close and personal experiences with that are the reason I'm so against it. The welfare state has exploded under Obama, I don't think most realize how much it has grown. One sixth of the country is on Food Stamps, not to mention the other 180 or so welfare programs out there. That's incredible and not sustainable. It only promised to get worse under Hillary Clinton. At the same time I'm paying almost 50% of my income to the government. Unless the Democrats make a radical change from their platform of taxing the producers to buy votes from the non-working they'll never get my vote, it's just self preservation.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Imagine that! smile

I live in a very rural area but my county as a whole is 55% black. I can't remember the last time a black person in a grocery store that didn't use an EBT card. On here you'll constantly see me harping on the welfare state and how it is the root of many of the wrongs in the U.S., my up close and personal experiences with that are the reason I'm so against it. The welfare state has exploded under Obama, I don't think most realize how much it has grown. One sixth of the country is on Food Stamps, not to mention the other 180 or so welfare programs out there. That's incredible and not sustainable. It only promised to get worse under Hillary Clinton. At the same time I'm paying almost 50% of my income to the government. Unless the Democrats make a radical change from their platform of taxing the producers to buy votes from the non-working they'll never get my vote, it's just self preservation.
The problem with the welfare state is that as the producers realize what suckers they are, more and more of them stop pulling the cart and hop aboard. Eventually you have more aboard than are pulling.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 66 invisible), 3,450 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.