Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What are they going to do when they find out the rest of the globe doesnt cater to them and expects them to act like adults? Rude awakening comes to mind...Just today on FB there was a funny video of a black African girl telling black Americans not to come to Africa. "We don't have boxed chicken here. We don't have EBT cards here. If you want to eat, you work!" I guess she was addressing this.

Blaxit: Black Americans Leaving the Country Before Inauguration Day
Pamela K. Johnson 11 hrs ago

As this administration draws to a close, Audrey Edwards is packing as fast as the Obamas.

By January 20, Inauguration Day, she'll be nearly 6,000 miles away from Brooklyn not watching the festivities in Paris.

A journalist and real estate agent, she first got the idea to leave the US when former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani ran for president in 2008. But when Trump rode down that gilded escalator, called Mexicans rapists, and announced his candidacy for Commander-in-Chief, Edwards put friends on notice:

"If somebody as crazy as this guy gets in, I'm out of here."

She plans to spend a good deal of the next four years traveling with New York as home base. Her first stop is the City of Lights, where she spent three months in 2008, after three people close to her died in the course of a year.

"I was also turning 60," she recalls, "and I didn't realize 'til I took a break how badly I needed it." This time around she'll turn 70 in Paris, which she'll celebrate with her roommate from college, who's lived there for decades, and friends she made last time around.

"We as black people have a history of being expats," says Edwards, "and a popular place has always been Paris."

Black soldiers after both world wars stayed on in France, and such artists and writers as Josephine Baker, Ada "Bricktop" Smith, James Baldwin, Langston Hughes and Richard Wright found it a source of creative inspiration and freedom from the claustrophobia and violence of race relations back home.

Africa has drawn such authors and activists as Maya Angelou and W.E.B. DuBois, who found meaning in broadening their connection to the diaspora, particularly through stays in Ghana, where Bernard Walker has been for nearly three years.

He heads up The Rene Group, LLC, an export management and development company that partners with non-governmental organizations, corporations, and governments to help reduce poverty on the continent.

He arrived in Africa in July 2014 and in Ghana's capital city, Accra, in November of that year, where he seems to be excited by the prospects of the country's leadership under new President Nana Akufo-Addo , but much less so by proposed changes under the new Trump's administration in Washington, DC.

"I'm not on a mission to renounce the USA," he says, "but to grow and expand both." Ultimately, he intends to hold dual citizenship, which will truly make him African-American.

Keren Johnson calls her plans to leave the US a "Blaxit." She let the lease run out on her L.A. apartment, put choice possessions in storage in Washington D.C., and is finishing a temp assignment before she leaves the country this spring with the intention of being gone as much as possible over the next four years.

She'll hit St. Thomas' 65th Annual Carnival in April, Cuba in June, and Caribana in Toronto in July. Jamaica and Costa Rica are on the itinerary, as are South Africa and Ghana, which she just visited in November 2016 and found to be "a good vibe for my soul."

Already a frequent traveler, a move abroad was on her bucket list for some time. It moved to the top of the list last November. Johnson (who is also my sister) is still saddened that things turned out the way they did.

"It's hard to deny that I'm a huge Hillary Clinton supporter. When Trump won, I was in Ghana wearing my Hillary T-shirt from the first election. I had fallen asleep, and heard my friends whispering, 'Who's going to wake her up and tell her?' I was devastated," says the former HRC staffer.

With Johnson's dreams of working in another Clinton White House now off the table, the 32-year-old figures: "What better time than now? I have no kids, no major responsibilities… Have passport, will go."

Before he left for Spain in 2015, Charles Snyder felt like he wasn't getting anywhere. Even with a Master's degree, the money he earned in living in Southern California never stretched far enough.

"I was working paycheck to paycheck," he recalls, "and I felt unfulfilled."

Now, as an assistant English teacher for a program called Auxiliares de Conversacion in Gijón, Spain, he earns enough for much-appreciated down time to write poetry, finish his book, and explore.

"The European lifestyle is much more relaxed and less centered around job as a social strata," he says. He's also learning Spanish, has traveled all over the country and to Morocco, with more of Africa and Europe on the itinerary.

He's not sure if he'll stay in Spain forever, and yet he could. "I'm happy I'm not at home," he says about the transition from President Obama to President Trump. "I can decide to tune out if I really want to." But he's not giving up on the US: "Even though I am an expat now, I know I can still make a difference back home."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/blaxit-...ocid=spartandhp

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Don't come back

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Max_Velocity
[b] ... "It's hard to deny that I'm a huge Hillary Clinton supporter. ..."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/blaxit-...ocid=spartandhp

Proves just how stupid she -- and Clinton's other supporters -- are.
Bliss ninnies right down to the ground. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Max_Velocity

"We as black people have a history of being expats,.....

,..I done save up foh block o'gummint cheese and 8 welfare checks. Da wuld is my oastah!"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What if white people had fled after Obama's election(s)? Who would have paid the bills?

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I spent some time in Brazzaville in the 80's.

The locals didn't care for American blacks, at all.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well going to France is always popular with them....

but its still a white country....

but guess that is okay when they get their asses kissed like they think they deserve....

Hope they love overseas enough to not come back....

There are plenty of good American Blacks, who look forward to someone who is going to work on intercity problems instead of running away from the country, when their DemocRAT plantation owners aren't running things...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Considering some of the stuff that is going on in Europe now they won't like it as well as they would have 5 years ago.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well Bye! Can't say she will be missed...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The ones on welfare aren't.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Maybe she'll try to make friends with some muslims over there and see what they think about Americans (black or white).

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well going to France is always popular with them....

but its still a Muzzie country....

but guess that is okay when they get their asses kissed like they think they deserve....

Hope they love overseas enough to not come back....

There are plenty of good American Blacks, who look forward to someone who is going to work on intercity problems instead of running away from the country, when their DemocRAT plantation owners aren't running things...
Fixed it. When they get the end of a semi or an AK in their faces, they just might think differently. Might. Assuming they are capable of a rational thought in the first place.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't really give a f'k where or why she or the rest like her go, onlybthat they go and don't come back. That ain't just a skin tone remark, it covers their politics much more and much more importantly.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Don't really give a f'k where or why she or the rest like her go, only that they go and don't come back. That ain't just a skin tone remark, it covers their politics much more and much more importantly.

+1

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Nothing on you Max, but I read the first half dozen lines and stopped when I realized IDGAF. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
What if white people had fled after Obama's election(s)? Who would have paid the bills?

This.

And I think if you leave, you should not be allowed back in... phug em.

Wish they'd have never brought the bastards over to start with. My family did just fine picking its own cotton. And others cotton.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las
Nothing on you Max, but I read the first half dozen lines and stopped when I realized IDGAF. smile

Hey man I get it. I think I too have run out of fooks and have no more to give. grin

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
except Langston Hughes, I have never heard of the list of famous black folks given near top of the article. sorry.
no wait......... not sorry!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"If you don't love it, leave it".,,,,Quote from a great American singer.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several yrs ago someone on here recommended this book to read "out of America a black man confronts Africa" it's a very good book to read and if majority of black American would read it they probably change there tune about good ol America., some reason they think life will be perfect in Africa.

Last edited by 79S; 01/18/17.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Several yrs ago someone on here recommended this book to read "out of America a black man confronts Africa" it's a very good book to read and if majority of black American would read it they probably change there tune about good ol America., some reason they think life will be perfect in Africa.

I have often thought how fortunate American Blacks should consider themselves. I am not condoning slavery, but if it had not been for slavery, can you imagine the kind of life they would have had still living on the "dark continent". In this country, they can live from birth to death without ever having to hold a job, pay for a place to live, pay for food, pay for medical expenses. They are pushed to the front of line for jobs and college, no matter how qualified they are. They can commit a crime, then yell racism, and often times have that crime dismissed. In other words, they pretty much have it made over here, despite what they might think. Now, look at how life would be for them in Africa. The life expectancy over there is much, much less than here. In order to survive, they would have to be able to out run lions, not be trampled by elephants, learn how to climb a tree in order to retrieve a cocoanut, and survive without such luxuries as wide screen TV's and cell phones. In most of Africa, it's still pretty much a dog eat dog world, something that American Blacks have no idea about. Of course, there are certain things about Africa that would appeal to young Black men.....Somali pirates, as they would fit right in there. Also, Boco Haram would be an excellent place for them to display their skills. So, as a second thought, maybe some would fit in. But, most wouldn't, and they need to thank their lucky stars that they do live in America.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If they want to go to Africa and wallow around in the Ebola and Aids virus, let 'em go. Just don't let em back here. We certainly can do without a few hundred thousand of them. Maybe more.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dang, if I'd only known. Woulda been voting for Trump for years.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Well, bye! Hope she takes as many of her relatives as she can..
Revoke their citizenship as they leave!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
No no life will be great in Africa or France or anyplace but here. We should encourage as many as possible to leave. Good by and good luck.
Originally Posted by 79S

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I dunno whether to be ecstatic, or just happy.........

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (16penny, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,827
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.