24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Last Jan. the IDFG got permission from the Forest Svc to use helicopters inside the Frank Church wilderness are to radio collar elk in a wolf predation study. While they were at it, they collared 4 wolves which they did NOT have permission to do. A lawsuit claimed that the FS didn't have the authority to allow the use of the helicopter. It ended up in court and a federal judge has ordered them to destroy all the data they collected from the entire study.

BOISE — A federal judge has ordered Idaho to destroy all information collected from collars placed on elk and wolves obtained illegally by landing a helicopter in a central Idaho wilderness area.

U.S. District Court Judge B. Lynn Winmill in a ruling made public Thursday says it's such an extreme case that the only way to stop the ongoing harm is to order the destruction of data.
Winmill says the U.S. Forest Service in January 2016 broke environmental laws when it authorized Idaho Fish and Game to put collars on elk by making helicopter landings in the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, where engines are prohibited.

The state agency collared about 60 elk, but it also put non-authorized collars on four wolves. The state agency blamed miscommunication with a helicopter crew.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WTF does a Federal Judge have to do with what a State does with their animals? That's bullshit.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Too bad, maybe the Wolf collars had the "self-destruct" mode installed...lol

Somebody probably feared the truth about how many elk the Wolves kill would come out.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
WTF does a Federal Judge have to do with what a State does with their animals? That's bullshit.
Because they were inside a FEDERAL wilderness area.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Too bad, maybe the Wolf collars had the "self-destruct" mode installed...lol

Somebody probably feared the truth about how many elk the Wolves kill would come out.

BINGO!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"IDIOT" is being too king for this woman. She should be collared and dropped into the Frank.

Our Governor should intervene citing state sovereignty in the matter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Because they were inside a FEDERAL wilderness area.

Well then....enjoy!

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Judge winmill, the stupid is strong with this one....

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Something tells me there's more to the story...

There's lots of privately owned and FS managed airstrips in the Frank Church. Maybe those are the only exemptions to the "no engine rule"...and landing a bird in a random area is not allowed, but it still does not make sense.

How can they not be allowed to collar wolves? The IDFG has complete control over their management.

Fishy.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They should play libtard, just ignore order.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is not the first time they took whirlybirds into the Frank Church Wilderness on behalf of wolves.

I know for a fact that they will not fly a 'copter in to rescue an injured kid, but they will if a wolf gets hurt.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She is obviously supporting the Wolf huggers. The data likely pointed to a parallel between wolf and Elk recruitment rates dropping drastically. Thus the lib beyotch says data must be destroyed.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Strick9
She is obviously supporting the Wolf huggers. The data likely pointed to a parallel between wolf and Elk recruitment rates dropping drastically. Thus the lib beyotch says data must be destroyed.

Do that. Copies to Wikileaks.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hemiallen

Exactly what this is about!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not a woman, Lynn Winmill is a man! Good judge as well!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He goofed....the landings might have been unauthorized, but destroying the data is just dumb.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

mmmmmm.....Park Service a couple years ago allowed scientists to fly and land a helo in a Designated Wilderness located within Rocky Mountain National Park. I was suprised NPS allowed it.

The problem sounds like the IDFG exceeded the permission that was agreed on.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I would be interested to learn who brought the suit.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Something tells me there's more to the story...

There's lots of privately owned and FS managed airstrips in the Frank Church. Maybe those are the only exemptions to the "no engine rule"...and landing a bird in a random area is not allowed, but it still does not make sense.

How can they not be allowed to collar wolves? The IDFG has complete control over their management.

Fishy.

They are allowed to collar wolves and they do it all the time. When I was getting my wolf trapping license, the mandatory wolfer class was taught by one of their trappers who does all the wolf collaring for Idaho F&G.

Last edited by ShakyHands; 01/19/17.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
731 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,703 guests, and 1,369 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.