Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Last month ioshf303 asked about blue handled blades. At the same time
my wife started asking what I wanted for xmas. So I told her a blue handled
knife. Being a master shopper .... she found one. wink

Looking for info on a SS Case Muskrat. Never had a knife with a blue handle
or a muskrat. The muskrat knife design does not seem very popular.
This Case knife does not have a model number.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The idea of the muskrat pattern,I do believe as I understand it,the second identical blade was so when out afield if one got dull you had a " back up" . Later a variation with one "rat" clip & one warncliffe blade came about and was called a " Hawbaker" muskrat. Now that " Hawbaker" name, I'm almost certain,again,as I learned this,was from a trappers supply house with just that name
See this : http://www.furfishgame.com/featured_articles/Archived/2013/2013-06/antique_traps_06-2013.php

I like this pattern for a pocket knife

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Case Muskrat never had a pattern number,it had its name. Check the Case factory website for the variations in handle material and colors.

http://www.wrcase.com/index_en.php

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
One minor thing - this Case Muskrat came in a box. I liked that. Back in the day
all new knives came in a box. Sad to say but along with the joy, happiness ,
confusion, xmas wrapping paper ... etc. the box got lost.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What info are you looking for?

IC B2

Hotload Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Wondering what the blue handle material is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload
Wondering what the blue handle material is.

The Case website lists the only Muskrats with blue scales as having bone scales; so likely cow bone, dyed and jigged.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depends on when it was made, Case is continuously adding bone colors and discontinuing bone colors. Here is a Case Muskrat from the late 1990's in "pocketworn" blue bone, I bought it still NIB in a shop about five years ago. They also have a jigged blue Rogers bone version that is current (has the "Chevy" style shield).

[Linked Image]

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (12344mag, 163bc, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,023 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,195
Posts18,465,879
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.