Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ivan,

I too will miss Tonto this year due to a 30th anniversary trip planned over a year ago. I will see you there next year though.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
BP-B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wishing we could take the winter gathering to you in Billings. Lots of love and prayers for you Ivan. We're all offering prayers in your behalf.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Ivan,

I too will miss Tonto this year due to a 30th anniversary trip planned over a year ago. I will see you there next year though.

Good deal. I sure plan on being there.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Jeff. Yeah, that would be great!

And thank you for your prayers and support.

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ivan, wishing you the best.

I can't make it again this year, perhaps when I get to retire in a couple of years.

I have a HAM tag for javelina over near Baghdad starting the weekend of the get together, so if my health holds up and I think I can make the long drive, that's where my time will be spent. It's been a few years since I've made that hunt with my friends and I would love to get another "pig" with one of my handguns. And I'm hoping my brother might make it down there for a day trip or overnighter from FLagstaff area to meet the guys and see the territory. I'm hoping to goad him into getting a tag one year too.

y'all have fun and be safe.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Geno! Make the trip if you can as it sure is worth it. Those guys are great and Kent's cooking will become addictive real soon!

Ivan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of these days it's going to stop snowing, blowing and freezing up here, and I may be able to shoot at something. So, can we conjure better descriptions of the Tonto Basin shoots/distances?

Anything we need to bring to help with the camp. food and activities?

Last edited by CCCC; 01/26/17.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Just get here same as everyone else.

2 weeks away, end of next week lets try and get a head count for food purposes.

Kent

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RSVP:
I am in (1), but I may eat as much as two!

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
DARBY rubbed off on ya I see... when ya see him come'n, double the groceries...

Kent

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
you'll see my ugly face there....I gotta get out of this cold damp wet never ending fog and overcast.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
RSVP:

Ha! Milo, it's good to see that you are going. You taking a jug of that fine drinking potion again?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
you'll see my ugly face there....I gotta get out of this cold damp wet never ending fog and overcast.....

Yah, git outta there, John, before it's too late. Don't conform!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
RSVP:

Ha! Milo, it's good to see that you are going. You taking a jug of that fine drinking potion again?

Yes, Ivan.
We will toast you in your absence!
Possibly multiple times!

We can toast Ken in his absence, also!

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
RSVP:

Yes, Ivan.
We will toast you in your absence!
Possibly multiple times!

We can toast Ken in his absence, also!
Toast or Roast! grin laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Ivan, wishing you the best.

I can't make it again this year, perhaps when I get to retire in a couple of years.

I have a HAM tag for javelina over near Baghdad starting the weekend of the get together, so if my health holds up and I think I can make the long drive, that's where my time will be spent. It's been a few years since I've made that hunt with my friends and I would love to get another "pig" with one of my handguns. And I'm hoping my brother might make it down there for a day trip or overnighter from FLagstaff area to meet the guys and see the territory. I'm hoping to goad him into getting a tag one year too.

y'all have fun and be safe.

Geno

and i am sure you will stay out of that bar in bagdad on the dirt road north out of town. Or juniors/pikes place going into town.
I have hunted that area many many times. Had pigs cross the road in front of me driving up from bagdad to the las vegas ranch.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think I may get to make it, let you know for sure a little later. Y'all have moved the place since I as there before, so is this a place that you have to get a permit, or just show up, in case I am early. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, good news - glad you are coming. Campsite is open ground so come as early as you want. I HOPE to get there by Thursday eve but need to clear a lot of rocks from the path between now and then.

Kent's map is good but just ask if you need clarification. If'n 'yer comin' across I40, definitely recommend coming down through Payson, then 87S and 188 into Punkin Center.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
hello strangers

I see things are going on as usual. Glad to see you guys are still having the gatherings

I've missed a lot of them and most here wouldn't know me but i'm always wondering whats going on - though i hardly show up around here on 24hr anymore.

Anyway the reason i'm stalkin - sorry to say i can't make this one either - family gathering agin for me - danged people hate the snow so much they show up here each yr. what ya gonna do but make family plans .

I'd like to participate with an option of a new shoot -I 've recently acquired a cool target - plate steel which holds a clay pigeon - thing is real heavy duty - this is a loaner if someone can swing by or make arrangements I'm in n phx.

picture added -weighs about 80 lbs im guessin - its 18 x 32x 1/2 has slot in bac with a clay pigeon holder - It would make a great long range shoot. I'll even toss in dozen clay targets
I think of you guys often especially when i see or handle a rare ole shoot'n iron

hope you all have a great time - "if" i could at all make this it would be Saturday

our event includes some skydivin on thursday - friday so i have my doubts about saturday - no fear - its others whom wish to jump-

Gary - have that krp guy give an old freind a call if any interest

picture cropped to resize - edges cut by torch - just give it a little tilt up - lol

Attached Images
new target.jpg (51.57 KB, 37 downloads)
Last edited by azcoues; 02/01/17.

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Try and make it if you can Gary.

Kent

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
657 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.