Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
If science could prove a God, there would't be a God.

Faith proves it.

Upon what do you base this rather bold statement?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Funny thing about computer programs.

Garbage in, garbage out.

It seems like you need to get a new computer, then. It sure appears to have a lot of garbage based on what you share as knowledge.

Can you mathematically refute the equation?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

Garbage in, garbage out.

It seems like you need to get a new computer, then. It sure appears to have a lot of garbage based on what you share as knowledge.

I don't need to.

Let's take the hypothesis, and replace the word god with pixies.

"Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated,the essence is that no greater power than pixies can be conceived, and if pixies are believed as a concept then pixies can exist in reality."

As notice the proposition is they can exist. Not that they do exist.

I can conceive of a leprechaun, but claiming that because 2+2=4, they are real is absurd.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager

What God calls Himself isn't the problem;

God called himself?....the term God Its just a label that humans of antiquity put on the concept,
and people have been indoctrinated with and parroted ever since.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

earth is the only known planet with liquid water and a constant temperature for life to exist..

correct only 'known' planet...but the universe being so extensive humans at this point are still rather
clueless about what may be out there. I prefer having an open mind to rational discovery rather than
just attributing every current mystery to 'God'.

Rabbits born and dying in the same warren complex , may not know of the existence and abundance of other warrens.

In the ancient world the only 'known' things capable of flight were bugs and birds, but just over 100 yrs ago
innovative man learned how to fly, something once thought not possible.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to.

"Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated,the essence is that no greater power than pixies can be conceived, and if pixies are believed as a concept then pixies can exist in reality."

I can conceive of a leprechaun, but claiming that because 2+2=4, they are real is absurd.

This ought to keep Rich busy for awhile.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What are you worried about?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
I believe therefore He is real! Simple that.

For sure. I have proved that to myself many times. But trying to prove it to a non believer is usually futile so I keep it to myself unless somebody asks.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to.

You can use any word you want to describe the Infinite that these equations show to be God. you just can't handle any Truth.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to.

You can use any word you want to describe the Infinite that these equations show to be God. you just can't handle any Truth.

The equations don't prove anything, just like there's no other proof of any "god'.

It's the religious crowd that can't accept that truth, so they mumble about "faith" and quote fairy tales from an old book and say "See, we told you it was real. Just look around."

I look around and see all these people claiming to be pious one minute and acting like heathens the next, which shows me it's all BS.

The real Christians act the part all the time.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Jesus is Lord!

Yes He is! And what man believes or doesn't believe cannot and will not change that fact. And one day, everyone will bow before Him and confess that He is Lord. If only we could speak to those in hell...for there are no atheists in hell.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The point of the researchers’ argument was that they were not directly trying to prove the existence of God, but rather to showcase the power of computers.

There is no doubt in my mind as to God's existence. But too many Christians are too easily distracted from their purpose and this thread is a perfect example. Read the OP carefully, the whole point is in the quote above.

No one used a computer to prove God is real. But a bunch of Christians got all upset over some fake news and tried to come to Gods defense. God is in charge and doesn't need our help. Our job is to simply do our job as Christians.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
JMR40:

You bring up an interesting point. However, this is one of those rare times when Science and Mathematics are actually on the side of Faith.

Y'all read about all this hooey where science writers are trying to make the belief in God seem like a silly superstition. The truth is Science can neither prove or disprove the existence of God. True Science is a tool to understanding the same way diesel mechanics is a tool to understanding how trucks run. You can't really use either to prove or disprove God.

On the other hand, look at some of the great minds of Science during the Enlightenment. Most were convinced Science would bring them to a better understanding of God. Here is an instance where that belief paid off.

For those of you who are saying something to the effect of "I have Faith, that's all I need." This is, in essence, a mathematic equivalent.

From the Wikipedia entry on Godel's Proof:

The argument is in a line of development that goes back to Anselm of Canterbury (1033–1109). St. Anselm's ontological argument, in its most succinct form, is as follows: "God, by definition, is that for which no greater can be conceived. God exists in the understanding. If God exists in the understanding, we could imagine Him to be greater by existing in reality. Therefore, God must exist.

or distilled further: "If you can conceive of GOD then he must exist."

or as I always say, "I'm not so worried about whether I believe in God, but rather whether He believes in me."

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Im happy knowing there is a place without asswholes, muzzies or their ass lickers.

Also a place with no name-callers.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
The point of the researchers’ argument was that they were not directly trying to prove the existence of God, but rather to showcase the power of computers.

There is no doubt in my mind as to God's existence. But too many Christians are too easily distracted from their purpose and this thread is a perfect example. Read the OP carefully, the whole point is in the quote above.

No one used a computer to prove God is real. But a bunch of Christians got all upset over some fake news and tried to come to Gods defense. God is in charge and doesn't need our help. Our job is to simply do our job as Christians.

The reason there are so many easily confused Christians is because they don’t realize scientific facts and history support God’s Word. We are enjoined by God’s Word to “sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;"
1 Peter 3:15

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Sponxx
[Linked Image]

This..
God does not need proving.. He is everywhere and in everything!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
biggest scam in the history of the human race,possibly. religion was put there just to make you wonder.what if?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jdm953
Breath and spirit are the same word in Hebrew.

ah yes, there is that. to inspire and inspiration...very similar indeed.

and who could think about it at all without oxygen...oh wait, i meant aire.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
My proof is that Hillary lost.

Can I get an Amen?

i can live with that as proof enough.

without getting too deeply into Plato and his "Grand Pattern" of design, surely the fact that a human mind can conceive of mathematical symbols, and physics, and then convert that thought into the English language does mean something "Mystical, supernatural, or metaphysical" is going on.

or, as Trump said, The Almighty Creator must be addressed.

Cogito ergo sum.

Right over the head of most.

shoot low boys, they're riding shetland ponies.

^^^^ Best reply on this whole thread. Spot on. Thanks, Gus!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The latest Campfire survey of logical fallacy...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 72 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.