Putting the doubt before de cart...

Double dang clever.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by shootem

The Jews of Exodus wandering in the desert described God who led them as a 'Cloud of Smoke' by day and a 'Pillar of Fire by night'. No doubt to me they reported fact, but there is much more there they did not have the ability to interpret even as they watched. So they were accurate but 'incomplete' in their description. How would one of us interpret the same 'fact' were we to view it with today's understanding of reality? It'll be amazing to find out.

And now for today's pop quiz. What is the name for God the Creator?

Except the part where main stream Bible Scholars no longer accept The Exodus as a historical event, nor Moses as a historical character....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Originally Posted by Sponxx
[Linked Image]

This..
God does not need proving.. He is everywhere and in everything!

Except Einstein's understanding of a god was akin Spinoza's understanding, not that of a Christian.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Ringman
Funny thing about computer programs.

Garbage in, garbage out.

It seems like you need to get a new computer, then. It sure appears to have a lot of garbage based on what you share as knowledge.

Can you mathematically refute the equation?

I don't need to.

Let's take the hypothesis, and replace the word god with pixies.

"Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated,the essence is that no greater power than pixies can be conceived, and if pixies are believed as a concept then pixies can exist in reality."

As notice the proposition is they can exist. Not that they do exist.

I can conceive of a leprechaun, but claiming that because 2+2=4, they are real is absurd.

This ought to keep Rich busy for awhile.

You would think, but this time Rich has got nothing:

Originally Posted by Ringman

You can use any word you want to describe the Infinite that these equations show to be God. you just can't handle any Truth.

That's all he's got, and he doesn't do a very good Jack Nicholson.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Snyper
So now that you know Allah is real, are you all happy?
There's nothing about knowing Satan is real to make one happy, unless one is you.

That's the sort of mindless BS "christians" say without thinking. If you believe god is real you have to already believe satan is real.

But none of that has anything to do with the statement you quoted, proving you didn't understand what was said.

You not only want to pretend some math tricks "prove" there's a god, but that it's the god you want it to be.

The only thing you ever prove is just how ignorant you truly are.
Over and over and over and over.......................

The fact you don't agree doesn't make me ignorant.
You just spout the mindless rhetoric and pretend to be superior like so many others do. You can't disprove anything I say, so you try to insult me personally.

But I really don't care what you think so you're wasting your time.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A.Einstein died in 1955, but in 1954 wrote to Erik Gutkind - in which he dismissed belief in God as superstitious and characterized
the stories in the Bible as childish. One might conclude he was reacting against such primitive superstitions held by many.

"the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable
but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
- A.E.

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly," - A.E.

""If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world
so far as our science can reveal it."
- A.E.

"for me, the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions." - A.E.

"“I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own --
a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body,
although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms".
- A.E.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman
A.Einstein died in 1955, but in 1954 wrote to Erik Gutkind - in which he dismissed belief in God as superstitious and characterized
the stories in the Bible as childish. One might conclude he was reacting against such primitive superstitions held by many.

"the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable
but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
- A.E.

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly," - A.E.

""If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world
so far as our science can reveal it."
- A.E.

"for me, the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions." - A.E.

He'll have all the time in eternity to ponder his own foolishness.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And how do you know this to be so?...only because you read it somewhere or people verbalised it to you
and then you chose to believe it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A person's consciousness proves it.

^^^

And your insurance policy says it pays on acts of God.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootem

The Jews of Exodus wandering in the desert described God who led them as a 'Cloud of Smoke' by day and a 'Pillar of Fire by night'. No doubt to me they reported fact, but there is much more there they did not have the ability to interpret even as they watched. So they were accurate but 'incomplete' in their description. How would one of us interpret the same 'fact' were we to view it with today's understanding of reality? It'll be amazing to find out.

And now for today's pop quiz. What is the name for God the Creator?

Except the part where main stream Bible Scholars no longer accept The Exodus as a historical event, nor Moses as a historical character....

Again you find some whackos who call themselves Bible Scholars who also don't believe in the resurrection of Jesus. They are not Bible Scholars. They are using the Bible to make money by selling their tripe to those who want to believe a lie.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm

And you insurance policy says it pays on acts of God.

LOL.....'AOG' in policies does not refer to metaphysics or the spiritual, or faith, or proof of the existence of any God,
or cadavers raising from the dead, or talking donkeys, or virgin Marys.- Its just a convenient commercial business term
thats deemed practically required for describing uncontrollable natural physical disasters(or phenomena) for which no
party can be blamed. Natural disasters can be explained on why they happen with science.

Using an insurance policy is like using a genetically modified banana to 'prove' a God exists.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2

He'll have all the time in eternity to ponder his own foolishness.

I can't help but think that A.E would be highly amused by your posthumous malediction for the guy that God revealed Relativity to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like some powerful machines. Lets get them working on the speed of darkness.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman

And you insurance policy says it pays on acts of God.

LOL.....'AOG' in policies does not refer to metaphysics or the spiritual, or faith, or proof of the existence of any God,
or cadavers raising from the dead, or talking donkeys, or virgin Marys.- Its just a convenient commercial business term
thats deemed practically required for describing uncontrollable natural physical disasters(or phenomena) for which no
party can be blamed. Natural disasters can be explained on why they happen with science.

Using an insurance policy is like using a genetically modified banana to 'prove' a God exists.

[Linked Image]

Can you see me now?
I am making waves in the chasm of ignorance.
By humbling myself before God, I gain strength.

And I have watched Sir Roger Penrose condemn modern physics as fantasy, faith, and fiction, as we have not got anywhere for 100 years since quantum mechanics and general relativity.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sounds like some powerful machines. Lets get them working on the speed of darkness.

What do you get when photons leave at the speed of light? cool

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Can you see me now?
I am making waves in the chasm of ignorance.
By humbling myself before God, I gain strength.

Insurance companies (the example you used) don't delve into such complex what-ifs and unknowns, its straight forward for them-
if its deemed AOG that washed ones house away, then a person is out in the cold...a 'god' clause inclusion is simply a way of legally
stiffing the client, nothing more, nothing less.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your science cannot predict a coin flip.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Neither can your God.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I flip coins purely for fun if I can't decide between Italian or Mexican food, can't loose cause I like both.
I prefer to reserve science for more involved subjects.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

Neither can your God.

With out God there are no laws of physics for a coin to be tossed. This is a concept the evolutionist seem to miss. If the universe is a random process one could not expect a result twice.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 8 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 717 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,544
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.