Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I can do either with equal facility.

Probably not.

I've seen too many people perform both, very efficiently, and using the slide stop is ALWAYS faster.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DINK
I read that along time ago but have never looked up the cartridge/chamber dimensions to see how much crud would have to be built up in the chamber to cause problems.

Dink

Have YOU ever found fault in using the slide release?

Be honest.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
What extra inertia? From slide lock to the slide fully to the rear is what....1/8" of an inch? Compressing that spring 1/8" of an inch is what makes the difference? Give me a break.

How to release a slide is by far the best litmus test to separate actual shooters from the rest of the pack.

If I remember correctly that extra 1/8 inch also helps if you get a maximum length cartridge.

You don't have to do it.

Dink

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Probably not.

I've seen too many people perform both, very efficiently, and using the slide stop is ALWAYS faster.

80% of the time, it works.

Every time.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What extra inertia? From slide lock to the slide fully to the rear is what....1/8" of an inch? Compressing that spring 1/8" of an inch is what makes the difference? Give me a break.

How to release a slide is by far the best litmus test to separate actual shooters from the rest of the pack.

If I remember correctly that extra 1/8 inch also helps if you get a maximum length cartridge.

You don't have to do it.

Dink

How would it help with that?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by deflave
I read that along time ago but have never looked up the cartridge/chamber dimensions to see how much crud would have to be built up in the chamber to cause problems.

Dink

Be honest.

Dave

Only when trying to shoot a sig pistol fast. I hit the decocker instead. It's not really a issue but it burns time.

The only other thing is some people don't have the hand strength to operate the slide release (elderly, some women and probably some democrats).

Dink

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I slingshot because that was how I was taught when I was first taught to shoot shoot semi-autos. I was told it'd wear out the slide stop to use the slide release. Wether that is bullshite or fact is moot.

But, it works on any pistol. I've messed around with the slide release and (for me) it IS faster. But it's retraining muscle habits, and I haven't yet mastered it. And the slide slide release isn't in the exact same spot on all the pistols I shoot, let alone all the ones out there you may end up using.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Dink

Be honest.

Dave

Only when trying to shoot a sig pistol fast. I hit the decocker instead. It's not really a issue but it burns time.

The only other thing is some people don't have the hand strength to operate the slide release (elderly, some women and probably some democrats).

Dink

Get real.

That's a lack of familiarity and nothing else.

Have YOU ever had an issue hitting the slide release on YOUR handgun?

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I slingshot because that was how I was taught when I was first taught to shoot shoot semi-autos. I was told it'd wear out the slide stop to use the slide release. Wether that is bullshite or fact is moot.

But, it works on any pistol. I've messed around with the slide release and (for me) it IS faster. But it's retraining muscle habits, and I haven't yet mastered it. And the slide slide release isn't in the exact same spot on all the pistols I shoot, let alone all the ones out there you may end up using.

Holy retard...

Dave

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Dink

Be honest.

Dave

Dink

Get real.

That's a lack of familiarity and nothing else.

Have YOU ever had an issue hitting the slide release on YOUR handgun?

Dave

No, I can find the slide release and press it down. I have not tried to hit one in 20 years though.

Dink

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
that's your fault.......grin

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Slide release, always for me.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Probably not.

80% of the time, it works.

Every time.

Clark

Men, I'm no pistolero, but try to practice in purposefully adverse conditions, super cold fingers, rain, sweat, work gloves, weak side, etc, the slide releases on Glocks and my Sig 226 are next to non-existent, I can always give the slide a hard yank.

With my AR's I do bang the slide release with the palm of my hand just in front of my wrist, have never been to Thunder Ranch etc.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If anyone has a link to what could be considered the proper or correct method for a Lefty to invoke the slide release, I would be grateful.

I consider myself never to old to learn the right way of doing anything.

Thanks,
LD

I don't know if this video is the proper or correct way to run a slide release lever for a lefty, but the fellow demonstrating the Ghost bullet forward shape extended release seems to have total control and speed.

I found it while researching my OP question.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SargeMO
If I shoot to slide lock I reload and hit the slide release as I'm pushing the gun back on target. Old habit, but it works for me.

Same here

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone ever slam a mag home so firmly that it bumped the slide off the catch and let it ram forward?

My 226 used to be that way.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE
Anyone ever slam a mag home so firmly that it bumped the slide off the catch and let it ram forward?

My 226 used to be that way.

10 times out of 10.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SargeMO
If I shoot to slide lock I reload and hit the slide release as I'm pushing the gun back on target. Old habit, but it works for me.

This is how I've always done it. None of my Glocks have an extended release. Guess you just practice....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Question...

How many of you regularly (or seldom) carry different brands of handguns for SD--assuming you're not LEO and prefer something other than your issue?

I'm not talking throwing a J frame or LCR in the pocket; I mean you switch up between various semi-autos as your CCW.

While I have different brands, once I settled on the Glock as my CCW I set them all up the same (sights, release, trigger kits, etc) just so I would have maximum familiarity. I also practice with them far more than my other autos and only carry the Glocks for SD so I don't need to worry about a 'different manual of arms' when/if the fan and feces ever collide....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I'm of the belief settle on one style and become very familiar with it.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

601 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,284
Posts18,448,683
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.