Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Agreed. I only enjoy the company of liberals to the extent that I give them sh.it for being such dumbasses. Otherwise I don't have any use for them or the destruction they seek. I piss them off with regularity and get great joy from watching them get red faced and unhinged, all while stating the facts with a smile.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK
If you don't live in my house or out rank me at work you simply don't matter.

The only exception are very very few family members.

Dink

Frankly, that's just a damned sad statement on life. I hope for you and yours you figure that out, soon.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rinkydink
A friend is someone you can call at 2:30 am and say "This is (fill in your name here), I am at home and need your help." Hang up the phone, and in driving time, there will be a knock on your door.

Agreed. I am blessed to be able to count those - outside of family - on two hands. I can only wish that blessing or more on others. Well, those worth having said blessing anyway... wink

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Dink

Dude!!

You're on track to becoming a misenthrope for sure!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can get along with most anybody , some I can't get along with for long though.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick
I look to those with a greater understanding of life than me. I dont need others who dont share the same views as I bringing strife into my life.

Agree or no?

Seems contradictory and closed minded to me. So, no.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by kid0917
How many per pile? smile

Lots. I have lots of liberal friends. Makes no difference. Small town life is pretty cool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Early on discovered that being open and honest with "acquaintances" was a good idea, because one will have many, many of those in the workplace, in educational circles and throughout life in general.

Such an approach with and through acquaintances can enable a person to learn much about the many facets of human existence - why and how people think, why they do what they do, and to identify the best qualities among them, and sometimes the worst. These interactions enable a person to apply and test one's fundamental values and beliefs in one of this earth's true crucibles. Reality matters.

Friends are an entirely different matter. Knowing that there are some great ones out there somewhere - the above activity will help a person identify and gravitate to them. Dad and Mom wisely taught us to make those choices carefully - that true and great friends are the people who will bring out one's best qualities and suppress one's unworthy tendencies - and give unfettered opportunities for one to try to do the same for them.

Very clear distinction between the two - for me. Having enjoyed hundreds and hundreds of acquaintances, I am blessed beyond explanation for the wonder of some true and great friends. Precious treasures.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Friends are ones that you can call to come and get you and your horse trailer when your truck breaks down 200 miles from home and they do it and you would do the same for them. Acquaintances are ones you tell it to after you get home. Friends you can count on in life and you don't take that friendship lightly or the word.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy people with differing viewpoints and like many by vocation I interact with them frequently

I have to laugh at the ones that can't control their emotions if you challenge thier ideology

There's been a few of those that have dropped me like a bad habit

But I'm fine with that.

Stupid people aren't very interesting to me

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

I have a small circle of friends. But I dont associate with those who have different views than I. Never have, never will. I couldnt care less what ethnicity you are. Whats in your heart? What does your actions say to me. I dont follow anyone. I look to those with a greater understanding of life than me. I dont need others who dont share the same views as I bringing strife into my life.

Agree or no?

Fruck NO!!! You are a narrow minded person who thinks they have a monopoly on lifes wisdoms. If you only surround your self with like minded people, how in the hell do you ever challenge your personal convictions to see if you truly believe them, or just blindly follow along. When you come down off the condescending mountain, you might learn from some of those "lesser than yourself" mentality of people. My wife is the kindest, gentlest most honest caring person I have ever met on this planet, and we are very different in our points of view. If I had your mentality I would not be married to the woman of my dreams for 36 years. Most of my long time dear friends have considerable differences in opinion from mine on a few of lifes big quandaries. It sounds like arrogance is is substituted for wisdom or knowledge. Being so opinionated absolutely retards any type of cerabral growth.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oldotter
You are a narrow minded person...

Not narrow minded, focused.

.. who thinks they have a monopoly on lifes wisdoms. If you only surround your self with like minded people, how in the hell do you ever challenge your personal convictions

You seem to think I live in some sort of box, shut off from the rest of society. I meet people from all walks of life. I interact with those same people. I pick and choose who and what I let enter my life based off those interactions. When the necessities of life are over, they go their way, I go mine. I do not befriend the majority, nor do I associate with them outside of that which is necessary. It must work pretty good for me considering im the one usually listening to others problems, instead of bitching about everyone around me.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The Marine Corps always told us that you never have friends. You have acquaintances, because then you don't have to worry about friends getting killed.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 4ager

Dink

Frankly, that's just a damned sad statement on life. I hope for you and yours you figure that out, soon.

Actually it's the only way to have a drama free life.

I don't care who's shacking with who, who owes what or owns what.

I'm to worried about my family, hunting, reloading and shooting. I learned along time ago I don't need anyone (other than my wife and kids) to do anything.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I look to those with a greater understanding of life than me. I dont need others who dont share the same views as I bringing strife into my life.

Agree or no?

Seems contradictory and closed minded to me. So, no.

My friends are my friends. They got that way for various reasons, mostly common interests, but some became friends for different reasons. The one thing they have in common is that I trust them. Don't get me wrong, they may do things I disagree with, but they don't do them with the intention of hurting me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ryanjay11

What a miserable way to live life. This attitude will ensure plenty will always outrank you at work.

True, people will probably always out rank me. I'm ok with it. To let on like I care about things that I don't would be lie. Lots a people like to live a lie though. I would rather be honest.

Dink

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ive caught a lot of hell from people I know in recent years due to me cutting many folks out of my life. I sleep very well knowing im on the right side of wrong. I caught hell for telling Clinton, Johnson, Stein and non voters around me to GFY. I caught hell for calling out the hypocrisy of the pro-choice folks I know.

I have a small circle of friends. I dont need 1500 "friends" on facebook to make me happy. Dont get me wrong, I treat everyone I come across equally. But I dont associate with those who have different views than I. Never have, never will. I couldnt care less what ethnicity you are. Whats in your heart? What does your actions say to me. I dont follow anyone. I look to those with a greater understanding of life than me. I dont need others who dont share the same views as I bringing strife into my life.

Agree or no?

Anybody that needs more than one hand to count their friends, doesn't know the definition of the word "friend."

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Agreed. I only enjoy the company of liberals to the extent that I give them sh.it for being such dumbasses. Otherwise I don't have any use for them or the destruction they seek. I piss them off with regularity and get great joy from watching them get red faced and unhinged, all while stating the facts with a smile.

Is your kid still a cop?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by oldotter

Fruck NO!!! You are a narrow minded person who thinks they have a monopoly on lifes wisdoms. If you only surround your self with like minded people, how in the hell do you ever challenge your personal convictions to see if you truly believe them, or just blindly follow along. When you come down off the condescending mountain, you might learn from some of those "lesser than yourself" mentality of people. My wife is the kindest, gentlest most honest caring person I have ever met on this planet, and we are very different in our points of view. If I had your mentality I would not be married to the woman of my dreams for 36 years. Most of my long time dear friends have considerable differences in opinion from mine on a few of lifes big quandaries. It sounds like arrogance is is substituted for wisdom or knowledge. Being so opinionated absolutely retards any type of cerabral growth.

So... Are you stupid or are your wife and friends stupid?

Dave

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I guess we are not more smarter as you be. I aint too smart cause I realize you can learn from anybody, if you know how to listen.

Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill were as polar opposites as any two humans can be. But some how, they found common ground and got many things accomplished that couldn't have been done had they been busy calling each other stupid. I have thick skin, and also have more depth than a wading pool. wink

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 45 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.