Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Actually I think plays a very small part, i'm thinking more hard work and research and being prepared to chase those specials one down.

Fantastic rifles mate

Johno

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Others come here and brag about bastardizing a rifle knowing it will undermine a collecting aspect.

As you are so fond of pointing out, some rifles with poor or non-original condition have no collector value, "will never make it into this house".

So, WTF do you care if it gets sawed into little tiny pieces and sold as scrap iron?

Do you condemn a gunsmith for re-barrelling a Remington Model 700?

Do you condemn a stockmaker fro refitting a rifle with custom wood?

I find your elitist attitude funny in light of your experimenting and manufacturing non-original Stith mounts. I guess that's ok, but whatever someone else decides to try isn't?

Get off your high horse old man.

LOL
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
...and a hush fell over the crowd, as we bow to the true collectors...

LBK You have reached the end of the rainbow, and deserve every bit of treasure that you bring to yourself.

For myself, without the resources to invest that sort of money, the only joy left for us bottom feeders to blow sunshine up your skirts! laugh

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffG

For myself, without the resources to invest that sort of money, the only joy left for us bottom feeders to blow sunshine up your skirts! laugh

I have told others................THAT will not always be the case. I could have retired 7 years ago. Instead I continue to work every hour I can. I collect a pension from a previous job AND I collect a tidy sum every month from Soc Sec. THAT'S my gun money

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steve, welcome to the high horse club buddy!

I guess thats why they call this forum the Savage "Collectors" forum instead of rebarreled E's forum.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
F
Nice group Steve keep up the good work!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Steve, welcome to the high horse club buddy!

I guess thats why they call this forum the Savage "Collectors" forum instead of rebarreled E's forum.

Yeah, that's the Canadian forum.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your to easy.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So here's the thing.

I don't feel the need to take any sheit off anyone for working on Savage 99's. I enjoy it, get it? I also collect Savages.

I like to work on them. Get it? Let me repeat it. I like to work on Savages, and I won't apologize for it. Not to anyone.

I don't modify desirable original rifles, like LBK likes to imply, pure bullsheit. Only guns with no collector value. Do I need to repeat that so it sinks into your thick Canadian cranium?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tsk tsk are you upset?

No need for insults.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
With me you get what you give. I have no use for azzholes.

LOL
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Can't afford that New York stuff. The couple I bastardized were all ready bubbed and bought cheap. I enjoy them none the less!! There's a place in the world for all of us.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's room for everyone here. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wyo1895
There's room for everyone here. David

Not really. According to LBK and Mad Dog those of us that work on our 99's, you know, the ones WE PAID FOR, aren't welcome here and are doing irreparable damage to mint vintage 99's, forever ruining prime specimens real collectors would quickly gobble up were it not for us butchering them.

That about it? GMAFB.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Come on guys, I expected to get my rear end run over here on this thread but my intention was not to get something going on a slightly different subject between others! You are butting in on my area, I am the person who many think is a Jerk and F'n a'zhole, and I have even been told that to my face by one of the contributors to this thread when at a gunshow, my response was" "yea, I know I can be" and "if you don't want to talk to me that's fine", but we did talk - I figure why try and deny something that's absolutely true? - especially when I don't really care (remember, I know I'm a f'n a'zhole, if I really cared I would try to change) - if you have ever looked at my profile here it says I'm a 'professional jerk' - unfortunately I am starting to question my professional abilities in that 'trade' when I seem to not be getting most of the attention. I had great expectations when I saw LBK had posted, but for once he disappoints when it comes to me.

I have had Superintendents where I worked call me worse than anyone here, or look like they wanted to, after it got me fired a couple times I did question my behavior a little, but that just never seems to last (but I shouldn't have to tell you guys that). This made me think of something to run by you all to see if you thought is was good idea -

I could make a list of all the insults & names & comments that have directed at me over the years and see if it could be made into a sticky, it woulds save a lot of time (and effort) to just be able to copy & past an insult when I start acting up then to have to think up a response... 'let's see, I used number 56 last time, I think I'll mix it up and maybe use number 602½ this time'. I can almost guarantee they will all be better responses than many I have gotten here - some of these came from PHD's when I was in school. I would however, insist they just be used for me, I do not want to be an enabler for someone trying take over part of what I consider my own 'territory'.

Come on guys, I'm placing myself here for you to pick on, no need to go after anyone else! Feel free to get it all out of your systems!

Gene
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
thanks for keeping the thread from going even farther south, LBK. sick

Though I really find it rude that you didn't post contact information for the seller of those guns so that we could make higher offers. [/sarcasm]

Beautiful guns tho, glad you're at a point in your life that you can afford top quality stuff.

Last edited by Calhoun; 01/22/17.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GeneB
Come on guys, I expected to get my rear end run over here on this thread but my intention was not to get something going on a slightly different subject between others! You are butting in on my area, I am the person who many think is a Jerk and F'n a'zhole, and I have even been told that to my face by one of the contributors to this thread when at a gunshow, my response was" "yea, I know I can be" and "if you don't want to talk to me that's fine", but we did talk - I figure why try and deny something that's absolutely true? - especially when I don't really care (remember, I know I'm a f'n a'zhole, if I really cared I would try to change) - if you have ever looked at my profile here it says I'm a 'professional jerk' - unfortunately I am starting to question my professional abilities in that 'trade' when I seem to not be getting most of the attention. I had great expectations when I saw LBK had posted, but for once he disappoints when it comes to me.

I have had Superintendents where I worked call me worse than anyone here, or look like they wanted to, after it got me fired a couple times I did question my behavior a little, but that just never seems to last (but I shouldn't have to tell you guys that). This made me think of something to run by you all to see if you thought is was good idea -

I could make a list of all the insults & names & comments that have directed at me over the years and see if it could be made into a sticky, it woulds save a lot of time (and effort) to just be able to copy & past an insult when I start acting up then to have to think up a response... 'let's see, I used number 56 last time, I think I'll mix it up and maybe use number 602½ this time'. I can almost guarantee they will all be better responses than many I have gotten here - some of these came from PHD's when I was in school. I would however, insist they just be used for me, I do not want to be an enabler for someone trying take over part of what I consider my own 'territory'.

Come on guys, I'm placing myself here for you to pick on, no need to go after anyone else! Feel free to get it all out of your systems!

Gene, I never noticed you being anything other than business. I like the more personable side of you. grin

Me, I try to be the same, nice to everyone, until they earn otherwise. Which some do, regularly. Then it's on. It can and will end when they want to end it, but it won't end if they want to continue it.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let's twist some panties.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/22/17.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

LOL
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I'll play along...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is a stevens single shot(model 86 I think) that I picked up cheap...grandson loved it.But it wasn't done very well so we got rid of it and now have a Stevens model 73 we are doing together for him.I also picked up a 20 gauge sidesnap single shot shotgun for my granddaughter that is going to be pink.

If it looks good, you'll see it
If it sounds good, you'll hear it
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it
But...If it's real, you'll feel it
Kid Rock
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.