Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If that's true, it's HUGE.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

BP-B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
It was in the link.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ABC News just reported this as a jewelry store robbery gone bad. They said the person shot and killed tried to stop the robbery.

No mention of the suspect shot several times by an armed citizen though.... Imagine that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, but that's a long way from official.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Average day in Texas

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Yes, but that's a long way from official.

in the link, they state that the CCW was a legal carry. so they had to have checked him out already. I'd call that official.

Last edited by kellory; 01/22/17.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If this mall is a gun free zone, is he still carrying legally?

LOL
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
If this mall is a gun free zone, is he still carrying legally?

Yep as long as they don't have the proper 30.06 and/or 30.07 signs (depending on his style of carry) posted at every entrance.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If that's true, it's HUGE.

C'mon man. Get it right. It's YUGE! (in the spirit of the season laugh )

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's Bigly

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
a Good Samaritan intervened and was killed in the shootout and another Good Samaritan that has a license to carry shot one of the robbers and the other one got away.

this from a friend's daughter who worked next door to the jewelry store that was robbed.

Last edited by stxhunter; 01/22/17.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Note: The news is spotty but here is my best guess as I put the pieces together:

From the news I read, the 2 suspects were free and clear of the mall and making a run for it when approached by the good samaritan and CCW holder.

That decision to step in cost the good samaritan his life. Then the CCW engaged. The San Antonio news claims at that point the second suspect ran back into the mall, which resulted in 2 more people being shot (not to mention another heart attack and a premature labor).

I am curious if the good samaritan acted on his own (bad choice), and the CCW holder was in the area and was forced to engage to protect himself (the right choice if he felt he had absolutely NO other options).

Or, were these two together and decided to play cop?

Either way though, the results are the same. The robbery was over, and it seems the suspects were in full fledged getaway mode. The choice to intervene, or the fact that these 2 were forced into action ended up resulting indirectly in multiple deaths and shooting injuries.

Side note... If you were the parent of a child shot in this situation, and it becomes evident that the CCW holder did not need to engage and that engagement cost your child an injury, where would you stand?

I just pray for the injured and dead ('cept the perps) and hope this plays out in the good guys' favor.

Last edited by duck911; 01/22/17.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been hauling a 6yo around all day, didn't know about this until the 'Fire.

Here's the local....

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...-three-others-shot-in-fatal-10875601.php

Might be the same perps robbed the South Park Mall (on the other side of town) Friday, we are told that the two guys today dressed and acted the same way.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...bbed-diamond-10871918.php?ipid=artrecirc

I'm not sure how one "intervenes" while the perps are fleeing from the scene as the shot and killed good guy was said to be doing.

A lot of questions to be answered here.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Bad deal. Why intervene? To save jewelry, money?

Never mess with a mexican on the run and with a gun. Life in the pen is a step up for them.

Otoh, 14 yo hispanic girls go into labor (as opposed to work) nearly every day in SA.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/22/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They got the other guy, turns out he wrecked the getaway vehicle...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...-three-others-shot-in-fatal-10875601.php

35 years old and he and his buddies take up hitting jewelry stores at the mall? Then after getting shot at by a CHL holder he runs off through the mall shooting?

My point being that if they were local seems like they woulda tried this years ago if they were going to do it at all. My impression is that by age 35 yer average career criminal is either locked up long-term or else engaged in something more stable and less risky than robbing stores at gunpoint in the mall.

I'm wondering if they were from Mexico.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The latest.

Dead good guy was a Marine Vet and a Biker at the jewellers with his wife to get their wedding rings cleaned, his wife says he died protecting her.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...killed-during-mall-shooting-10876611.php

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...t-the-botched-armed-robbery-10877071.php

Tragic frown

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like a good guy.

I'm not sure we are getting the whole story on the "intervention" just yet.

Sounds like lives were on the line, and the good guys were "defensive" rather than "intervening".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too bad the Marine Vet wasn't armed too!

I hope both of these cowardly POS criminals get the death penalty asap! mad

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/23/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by duck911
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Note: The news is spotty but here is my best guess as I put the pieces together:

From the news I read, the 2 suspects were free and clear of the mall and making a run for it when approached by the good samaritan and CCW holder.

That decision to step in cost the good samaritan his life. Then the CCW engaged. The San Antonio news claims at that point the second suspect ran back into the mall, which resulted in 2 more people being shot (not to mention another heart attack and a premature labor).

I am curious if the good samaritan acted on his own (bad choice), and the CCW holder was in the area and was forced to engage to protect himself (the right choice if he felt he had absolutely NO other options).

Or, were these two together and decided to play cop?

Either way though, the results are the same. The robbery was over, and it seems the suspects were in full fledged getaway mode. The choice to intervene, or the fact that these 2 were forced into action ended up resulting indirectly in multiple deaths and shooting injuries.

Side note... If you were the parent of a child shot in this situation, and it becomes evident that the CCW holder did not need to engage and that engagement cost your child an injury, where would you stand?

I just pray for the injured and dead ('cept the perps) and hope this plays out in the good guys' favor.

Wow.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
88 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 777 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.