Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mad Dog ill bring back the military to the good old days. Got to get back to "don't ask don't tell" first thing.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
well, the new Sec Air Force might well change things around. Heather Wilson is NOT the same kind of person that Deborah James is.
That said, I'd prefer men to be the heads of the various war fighting services.

I wouldn't want to tangle with Heather. I hope 1/2 of our new AF candidates are as tough as she is!
That 51%/49% thing is definitively in play with this lady! Don't push it!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The Academy grads I work with are about pushing paper and getting promoted. That's about it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too much emphasis on recruiting athletes and looking good in athletics rather than warriors.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Got to get back to "don't ask don't tell" first thing.

It's sad when we want to go back to a more disciplined "Clinton doctrine" time in military history.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Its hard for me to imagine... but I guess knowing Obama, its not hard to see....

I feel for our nation and especially these 'people', if this nation ends up in combat against someone else...

not only are these people not going to know how to function, if they are captured by the 'enemy' they are really going to be up SchittCreek without a paddle...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This has been happening since the lifting of the Combat Exclusion Law(Title Ten) allowing females to serve in combat and combat support roles. Otherwise, they just could not survive in a true military, warrior culture environment. I saw it in the Navy in the worse way. Two of my last tours were in the Training Command (aviation) where I saw it as a student, then as a senior officer and the difference was incredible, all focused on ANYTHING but killing people and breaking things in pursuit of the national interest.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IntruderBN
I missed my USNA 25th reunion last year. I'm sort of glad I did, as I've feared for a while the change I'd see if I went back. Maybe by my 30th reunion things will have changed a bit. Luckily, the current Commandant, a Marine, was a classmate of mine and one I would never imagine capable of letting discipline slip away completely.

Mabus' departure was celebrated in this household.

You can forget that notion. After I heard "Mad Dog" testify, it was obvious there is no intention of fixing this..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm not holding my breath. Frankly, I'm surprised we still have separate service academies, the way things are going. There will probably be Joint-Service academy (Annapolis) here before too long, F-35 static displays and all...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thought this was funny

[Linked Image]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess the Air Force is trying to live up to it name these days.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Kind of scary to read.

Retired cat herder.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by g5m
Kind of scary to read.
It would be many times more scary had the witch got elected. I'm betting it will change, biggly!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
For what it is worth: I am a small town ED physician. Recently a cadet was in my ED with a relatively minor injury. She was accompanied by two other cadets. This was late on a Saturday night. They were in dress uniform and looked very fit and squared away. It did seem like every other word was "sir." When I asked if she drank alcohol, she replied "Only communion wine, sir." When I told her she didn't have to call me sir, she said "sorry, it is habit sir." Overall my impression was very favorable, especially compared with most of the young people I see on a Saturday night.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
It's always interesting to me to see how dudes seem to think that the spit and polish, dress right dress regimented military of the 70's, 80's, 90's, etc. was built to "win". The military then (and now) are built to look pretty like little army men in a parade and make political officers look and feel good.

The military is not however, built or ran for performance.

Having said that, no the AF academy is not producing "warriors" if the goal is to actually perform and win current wars..... neither are any of the other academies. But then again, they never were.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
It's always interesting to me to see how dudes seem to think that the spit and polish, dress right dress regimented military of the 70's, 80's, 90's, etc. was built to "win". The military then (and now) are built to look pretty like little army men in a parade and make political officers look and feel good.

Having said that, no the AF academy is not producing "warriors" if the goal is to actually perform and win current wars..... neither are any of the other academies. But then again, they never were.

Dumbest post I've seen for awhile.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Let me guess. Never in or admin discharge as a malinger? I can be sure you've never seen the elephant.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs

Let me guess. Never in or admin discharge as a malinger? I can be sure you've never seen the elephant.

Pretty sure he doesn't even know what that means. Has no clue about the elephant. Maximum stupid post.

Last edited by jnyork; 01/26/17.

[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Nope, no clue....

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That picture of course, proves absolutely nothing, but your OP, is still pretty clueless.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 47 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,499
Posts18,452,455
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.