Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
kk, this is good news. Did she have an answer as to why any references to LH models have been removed from the Barrett website?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just called Vicki at Barrett she said they are producing RH models first, have to get that going smoothly then the LH models will be available. R&D has to get any bugs out.

Probably not right away is my guess. But they are coming!

The reason given for why the LH models were taken out of the catalog was did not want customers with deposits on rifles with uncertainty when they could be delivered.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
"I think they will it will probably just a little later in the year before we will see them."

That was the response I got from her from contacting through their site regarding the feasibility of ever seeing LH models.

I'm kinda reading between the lines, and guess it depends on how the RH versions sell, and also the demand for LH models.

That sucks that a company would do that in the first place. Announce a model availability in LH, then just pull it off the site, with no note of delay, or not even giving the customer service rep any clue what is going on.

Just leave it on the site, and note that LH models are currently in planning, but not yet in production, and there is no tentative availability date as of now.

Last edited by KenMi; 01/24/17.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Steve_in_OR
OSU,
Do the Barrett rifles seem like a modified/improved/updated version of the Forbes or are they a completely new design.
Steve

Stock is very similar. The action is slightly beefed up to compensate for any less pressure handling of stainless steel. Some of the actions had flat facets or a dodecagon shape, I am not sure if these were only on the prototypes.

Barret has the right to the design but not the name. Melvin Forbes is not involved and wasn't even aware of the Barrett when I spoke to him briefly, it was obvious it was not his favorite topic.

If I hadn't just up graded a CLR and bought a Forbes I would be really interested. Too bad looks like a really nice rifle and the Barret quality is excellent.

Just read on another post that the stock is a Bergara composite so I guess the prototype had a Forbes stock which is different than the production rifles.

Last edited by Tejano; 01/24/17.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I met with the Barrett folks last week at the SCI Vegas show and they confirmed that a lefty will be produced. They are making the right handed 6.5 creed and 30-06 versions now, with the LH model to follow in the upcoming months. The rifle feels and looks very nice and is a big upgrade over the Forbes. I liked it enough to purchase a lefty and can't wait to get an update on timing.

They had a sweet deal on the rifle, a nightforce scope and an eight day plains game safari. I couldn't resist but unsure the nightforce is the correct scope for this trim rifle.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ejo
I met with the Barrett folks last week at the SCI Vegas show and they confirmed that a lefty will be produced. They are making the right handed 6.5 creed and 30-06 versions now, with the LH model to follow in the upcoming months. The rifle feels and looks very nice and is a big upgrade over the Forbes. I liked it enough to purchase a lefty and can't wait to get an update on timing.

They had a sweet deal on the rifle, a nightforce scope and an eight day plains game safari. I couldn't resist but unsure the nightforce is the correct scope for this trim rifle.

This is good information. I was at SCI but was working and didn't have a chance to get to see the Barrett booth. I'll be investing in 2-3 rifles when they are released. BTW, what Nightforce scope were they putting on the Fieldcraft rifle?

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 02/06/17.

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by ejo

This is good information. I was at SCI but was working and didn't have a chance to get to see the Barrett booth. I'll be investing in 2-3 rifles when they are released. BTW, what Nightforce scope were they putting on the Fieldcraft rifle?

The package included a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42. If I knew you were at the show I would have stopped by to introduce myself.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I should have said something prior the show. I was busier than a cat covering up sheit until Saturday afternoon...

For the record, I like the SHV and I have that same power range in a Swaro on my CM now.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Got word from Barrett today that we are looking at next year for lefty's.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

surprise surprise.

Till next year rolls around, and that plan gets shelved

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

NFW!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
meh... business as usual in a Right Handed world. I'll keep rooting for a LH Kimber.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Funny how they flat out denied changing plans or production on LH guns after pulling all mention of them on their website. Said it was to avoid confusion.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hate to hear this and I can't say I'm surprised

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
That is not good news. I will call them next week since I "purchased" a LH package deal at SCI. This could be the reason they still haven't processed my deposit. Might have to make alternative plans.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too good to be true, once again. Lefties = low priority.

Glad I snagged my Forbes for $900 when I did....

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Barrett confirmed with me today that they are indeed looking at early 2018 for LH production. I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
did they give any idea when we could place an order?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by ejo
Barrett confirmed with me today that they are indeed looking at early 2018 for LH production. I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

A matter of weeks after they confirmed that the LH models were pulled from the site, but would be in production by the fall of this year.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sounds like a case of "we got so many orders for RH guns that we don't have time to produce the LH versions...we'll get to those after the initial rush dies down..."

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (1lesfox, 2alphas2, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,632
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.