Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You know why divorce is so expensive?

Because it's worth it! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03

From the movie McClintock! Classic quote.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She must be something:

A 70-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man pleaded guilty Monday to robbing a bank last year because, he said, he was tired of living with his wife.

Lawrence John Ripple pleaded guilty Monday in U.S. District Court in Kansas City, Kan., to the robbery last September of the Bank of Labor at 756 Minnesota Ave.

Ripple was released on bond after he was charged in September and was accompanied to court by his wife Monday. They declined to comment after the hearing.

Ripple pleaded guilty without an agreement with prosecutors. The prosecutors and defense attorney will be free to argue what sentence they think is appropriate.

The judge will set a sentencing date after a presentencing investigation.

The bank he robbed is a block from Kansas City, Kan., police headquarters.

The robbery was captured on bank surveillance video that showed Ripple hand a note to a teller. The note read, “I have a gun, give me money,” according to court documents.

The teller handed over $2,924, but instead of fleeing, Ripple sat down in the bank lobby.

When a bank security guard approached him, Ripple told the guard that he was the person the guard was looking for, according to the documents. The guard took Ripple into custody and recovered the money that had just been taken.

Later, when questioned by police and FBI agents, Ripple said that he and his wife had an argument earlier in the day and he said he “no longer wanted to be in that situation,” according to the affidavit filed to support the bank robbery charge.

Ripple said he wrote out his robbery note in front of his wife and told her he would rather be in jail than at home. He then said he walked to the bank and committed the robbery.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article128289384.html#storylink=cpy

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sorry Katherine - that Katie just slipped out from times when I remember you as being nice people...

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sentenced to 7 years house arrest...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

So they threw the book at him? Amnesty International will take up his cause. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I see what you done did, there.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.