Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rost495
hadn't heard of TT, will have to google them..

Me either.

So far so good.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
The problem for me with the trigger tech is I prefer for the first stage to me most of the pull. Ideally 2 pound first stage 1 pound second. That trigger also looks it doesn't have engagement adjustment rather just pull weight

Ok.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BarryC
With only 3/4lb on the 1st stage, what's the point of the TriggerTech 2 stage?

I just installed a Geissele HSNM and it's nice, but certainly not light years nicer than my RRs. It's adjustable, it's locktime is faster, but other than that, it's a wash. I like the RR longer 1st stage. Trigger bow placement is irrelevant to me. I like the Geissele's overtravel and 2nd stage adjustment. We'll see how it washes out. But I still maintain that if you can't win the Nationals with a RR, you can't win with any trigger.

I shot a Standing match with the Geissele. Shot a 193 with a 99 in the second string of 10. Same as I do with the RR.

They're all new to me (outside) of the RR.

But thus far the Trigger Tech seems more better than the Ruger or RR.

Do most of the shooters winning the Nationals use a Rock River?

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I shot a Standing match with the Geissele. Shot a 193 with a 99 in the second string of 10. Same as I do with the RR.

I don't shoot AR's competitively except at various club matches so I don't need a Geiselle NM trigger.

But I do need a clean, consistent trigger that is around 3.5 lb, 2-stage, is 100% reliable & doesn't have to be dicked with every trip to the range.

The Geiselle SSA-E does that very nicely, is good enough off the bench & works well in speed shooting, at least well enough to suit me.

The SSA & the G2S work virtually as well with a lighter trigger spring at a little less money & I can live with them other than for a genuine high precision rifle. (All terms are relative, YMMV).

Buying them when they are on sale is the only reasonable time to buy.........they are a little too proud of them at full price.

MM

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Has anyone ever won Nationals with a RR that wasn't tuned?

Doubtful...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No equipment lists in HP. Impossible to say.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Have you?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No equipment lists in HP. Impossible to say.

Well if they're all running RR two-stage triggers I'd be surprised.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will go out on a limb. 75% of serious HP shooters either service or match rifle use Geissele triggers. No reason some of the one piece triggers would not work though.

The Milazzo triggers are superb also

RR are decent when tuned...but chances are you will need to keep tuning them.

Lots of good options now compared to 20 years ago

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ruger triggers are great at the $120 or so price point.

Trigger Tech offers a basically single stage trigger. A bit of light take up and then a really nice crisp break. Much like a very well done 1911 trigger.

The Geissele Hi Speed is my favorite trigger for the AR.

Setup for 2 1/2 lbs on the first stage and 1 LBs on the 2nd it is hard to beat.

Add in best in class lock time and things just get better.

Of course the downside to the HI Speed is price. shocked

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Has anyone ever won Nationals with a RR that wasn't tuned?

Doubtful...

Anyone done the same with a Geiselle? Doubtful too. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FWIW all the stuff I"ve won at Perry, was with Milazzo and RRA.

John tuned those RRA years ago. They've never been touched, but then again they probably haven't seen more than a few barrels on any of them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ya but Geissele has screws to tune it with, RR not so much. LOL

As I've said, I have one G2S that isn't as good as my others (and the G2S is their entry level trigger) but as I found out, it's my lower, not the trigger. Swapping triggers got me the same result.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Trigger Tech offers a basically single stage trigger. A bit of light take up and then a really nice crisp break. Much like a very well done 1911 trigger.

that is exactly my thoughts. never tried the trigger tech. but I know I would prefer most of the weight be on the first stage, with just enough on the second to provide a nice wall that is easy to find when I am trying to dump a coyote at 300 yards. 2 and 1 is my preferred ratio on the stages. my RRA varmint I think is about 2 and 2 on the stages. just a tad mushier than the geisele, plenty good for all but the most serious of accuracy applications.

I know this is off topic, question john burns, do you find you shoot an AR 15 better with its vertical grip and 2 stage trigger like we are talking about. vs a traditional stocked hunting rifle with any single stage trigger out there? I am talking in field conditions, like off some shooting sticks, maybe even some off hand shooting.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 01/24/17.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Ya but Geissele has screws to tune it with, RR not so much. LOL

As I've said, I have one G2S that isn't as good as my others (and the G2S is their entry level trigger) but as I found out, it's my lower, not the trigger. Swapping triggers got me the same result.

Picky picky picky.

I actually had to retune my Milazzo a few times, but I've worried about the lower wearing out on 2 of our guns also... LOL

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

that is exactly my thoughts. never tried the trigger tech. but I know I would prefer most of the weight be on the first stage, with just enough on the second to provide a nice wall that is easy to find when I am trying to dump a coyote at 300 yards. 2 and 1 is my preferred ratio on the stages. my RRA varmint I think is about 2 and 2 on the stages. just a tad mushier than the geisele, plenty good for all but the most serious of accuracy applications.

I know this is off topic, question john burns, do you find you shoot an AR 15 better with its vertical grip and 2 stage trigger like we are talking about. vs a traditional stocked hunting rifle with any single stage trigger out there? I am talking in field conditions, like off some shooting sticks, maybe even some off hand shooting.

John I am not, but I've shot single and two stage in both ARs and bolt guns, never really mattered accuracy wise that I could tell.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

John I am not, but I've shot single and two stage in both ARs and bolt guns, never really mattered accuracy wise that I could tell.

I do prefer the 2 Stage in the field. It's easier for me to control the break.

As a note on the Trigger Tech triggers they make a very good Rem700 trigger. Quite a bit less than a Jewel but more robust under field conditions.

I am going to talk to them about a 2 stage Rem 700 trigger.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JMT Saber for $100 including antirotation pins if single stage works for you.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I do prefer the 2 Stage in the field. It's easier for me to control the break.

As a note on the Trigger Tech triggers they make a very good Rem700 trigger. Quite a bit less than a Jewel but more robust under field conditions.

I am going to talk to them about a 2 stage Rem 700 trigger.

Thanks for that input!

Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
Have you?

I have shot nothing but RR triggers at the Nationals. One tuned, one untuned. Don't know which is which anymore.
Whatever, they were good enough for leg points and good enough to make P100. If I had enough resources we could talk about 1st places on the national level. I only have enough to win 1sts on the club level. But you can be damn well sure that I'm aware of every detail that's holding me back and I'll tell you it isn't triggers!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (Akhutr, Berksbowman, batch, BB3, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,530 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,208
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.