Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R

AUSTIN (KXAN) — On the heels of President Donald Trump’s inauguration, Austin’s Human Rights Commission voted in favor — in an 8-2 vote — of a recommendation to city council that would ban the city from using any Trump products or services.

The resolution recommends city council condemn President Trump’s and Vice President Mike Pence’s statements that discriminate against people based on their race, gender, national origin, religion or immigration status.

KXAN spoke with a Trump supporter, as well as the Travis County Taxpayer’s Union, who both said the city should be spending its time on matters it can control, like traffic, for example.

At the commission meeting Monday night, commissioners said the resolution is really symbolic, but sends an important message that Austin is welcoming and inclusive.

“I just find it disheartening that he is playing with the integrity of the office of the presidency,” Austin Human Rights Commissioner Garry Brown said. “Will this resolution change anything on its own? No. But adding our voice to the thousands and thousands and thousands of others across this country, that what he says and what he does is not okay.”

Some, like Roger Faulk, with the Travis County Taxpayer’s Union and President Trump supporter Bubba Bashaw, question, quite frankly, why the city is getting involved at all.

“I think it’s ridiculous. I think this city has a lot of challenges and a lot of problems and a lot of work to be done, and we shouldn’t be wasting our time on petty, partisan tantrums that are going to have no effect on the real world,” Faulk said. “How does boycotting Donald Trump resolve or made headway against rights issues? That makes no sense.”

“I think we’ve got a lot of homeless, we’ve got a lot of hungry people, we’ve got a lot of kids that go to school. I think there’s a great opportunity for the Human Rights Commission to make a positive impact on our city and playing with Trump paraphernalia is a waste of taxpayer dollars,” Bashaw said.

City officials told KXAN they do not believe any Trump products or services have been used in the line of official city business.

“I would imagine that the city, when employees go on a business trip on behalf of the city they don’t stay at Trump hotels, but you never know, and we just want to make sure that we’re covering all the bases,” Brown said. “The city prides itself on its human rights record and being welcoming to people of all walks of life.”

It will now be up to the city council to decide whether to adopt the recommended resolution.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The resolution recommends city council condemn President Trump’s and Vice President Mike Pence’s statements that discriminate against people based on their race, gender, national origin, religion or immigration status.
...as they discriminate against white, male, US born, Christians.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Austin is only another pearl in the liberal necklace. Their game plan for many decades has been to infiltrate and ultimately dominate the capitol city of each state. Control the politics of that city and you control the state, too.

Colorado, Texas, Oregon, Washington, and even Utah's capitol cities are heavy with liberals. It's probably true elsewhere, as well.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What will they do if Trump buys all the d i l d o factories?

Last edited by poboy; 01/24/17.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"....I would imagine that the city, when employees go on a business trip on behalf of the city they don’t stay at Trump hotels...."

Really,....OK, let's see an AUDIT of previous junkets, short briefs on their "business" purposes, with all receipts attached. You know, Councilman,....something to give us grist for this very important milling operation.

whistle

Somebody drops that on his desk, he'll fold up like a wet towel.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 01/24/17.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's even worse when your money is paying for this...

Quando omni flunkus moritati
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well the Gov has told the Sheriff and i am sure they will get told that if they keep going down this avenue they will have a funding problem in the future.

Here's Hoping they shoot both their feet.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
And here's the guy that got that big Marxist ball rolling!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Friedman_(politician)

You should have seen the city council in those days!!! Jeez!!!

I remember the time they tried to outlaw the sale of handguns within the city limits!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hate driving through there

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
fruitloop friedman.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I condemn Austin’s Human Rights Commission.

To death.

Everyone dies, right?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rost495
fruitloop friedman.....

It was a shining example of voter apathy. The University of Texas basically took over the city. Student were registered to vote as residents. They in turn went to the "hood" and registered more "New" voters. The old voter base stayed home. And they paid dearly for
It!! This was all at the tail end of Viêt Nam.

Founder

WS

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've no use for UT personally. Have some greats friends that have papers from them but can't stand UT...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've no use for UT personally. Have some greats friends that have papers from them but can't stand UT...

Amen brother.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yeah. Young son's undergrad stuff is from UT. But he did graduate work at Texas Tech. He's thought about possible PhD work at UT. But he doesn't have a vagina, so he can't get in the program.

Founder

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they have good food though

and I'm kinda partial to the Continental Club

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'd keep UT around strictly for their football team. Good scrimmage game to get ready for real league play..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
fruitloop friedman.....

It was a shining example of voter apathy. The University of Texas basically took over the city. Student were registered to vote as residents. They in turn went to the "hood" and registered more "New" voters. The old voter base stayed home. And they paid dearly for
It!! This was all at the tail end of Viêt Nam.

it's the same way here in Gainesville, with the University of Florida. The entire City commission is solid left wing nutters. The students are pestered to register here, and vote here. They pass every tax hike, and social justice initiative. They keep the racial pot boiling. They are a hotbed of muslim activism. Disgusting

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You try Colorado where denver has been taken over and they are working on the springs. I hope this no refuge city has some teeth in it.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 01/24/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just fulfilling the destiny of "Keeping Austin Weird".

They honestly don't even have a clue why they are protesting or boycotting... It happens because one liberal somewhere thought it was a good idea. The rest just follow them off the cliff.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 204guy, 58 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,347
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.