Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I have been looking at RRA AR-15s lately and other makers. So far RRA are the only maker I have found that claims a certain level of accuracy from their guns. The guarantee is 1 MOA to 3/4 MOA depending on rifle. That includes match and hunting bullets, this from a response I received from them on the question of what bullets were they using. Has anyone found their claims to be true?

Also, have you found other brands to be just as accurate (or more so)?

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 01/24/17.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Stag 6 has a 1/2" guarantee and lives up to it with good ammo. I've never read of a maker giving that claim with a specific bullet/ammo tho.
Les Bauer gives a guarantee as well but their guns aren't cheap. A stag 6 runs about 1K and the value/return can't be beat in my opinion

Last edited by Certifiable; 01/24/17.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most guarantees are for a 3 shot, or in a few cases, maybe a 5 shot group.

Lots of stuff will do the 3, so that's pretty meaningless, IMO.

I'll take them seriously if the say a 10 shot group & mean it & back it up..............so far no one does that I know of.

Ammo is huge & the shooter is not insignificant either.

A few barrel makers guarantee <MOA or user satisfaction ...........

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a RRA predator pursuit, didn't have any problem shooting moa or better for 5 shot groups. That was with bulk 55 gr varmint bullets over 24.5 gr of H-335. A generic load for my .223's, not one worked up for that rifle.

I have no doubt a good AR will put three shots well under moa consistently. I don't think guarantees make the guns more accurate, I'd expect most "varmint" AR's to shoot like that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not a target gun, but I use KAC, for high volume and hard use. Their rifles, however, have been amazing in accuracy, especially being they are geared toward professional use, not match shooting.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Stag 6 has a 1/2" guarantee and lives up to it with good ammo. I've never read of a maker giving that claim with a specific bullet/ammo tho.
Les Bauer gives a guarantee as well but their guns aren't cheap. A stag 6 runs about 1K and the value/return can't be beat in my opinion

I've never even heard of them.

Is that for all their uppers/rifles or is it model specific?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Bro..that accuracy gaurantee is only for their model 6. It's a 24" heavy bastid but they do what they claim. 1/8 ER Shaw barrels on the 6 btw..
My brother and I both shot one in the black rifle challenge..
After shooting mine and my brothers 5 friends have made the move
This was the two tens with 75's and those flyers were all me..
[Linked Image]
A buddy's group with 52 amax
[Linked Image]

She's gone shootin..
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
On there website they list most guns with an accuracy standard of 1 MOA and 3/4 MOA depending on rifle, but not just there heavy barreled models.

I really like the accuracy you are getting from yours however.

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 01/24/17.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I have been looking at RRA AR-15s lately and other makers. So far RRA are the only maker I have found that claims a certain level of accuracy from their guns. The guarantee is 1 MOA to 3/4 MOA depending on rifle. That includes match and hunting bullets, this from a response I received from them on the question of what bullets were they using. Has anyone found their claims to be true?

Yes, IMHO, they are what they claim and I've found very little wanting over 6-8 years of using their parts. I own/have shot/shoot RRA uppers in 5.56 and 6.8, all uppers have been at least MOA over a sampling of probably 5-10. I have a Coyote that had been waiting for a range session, that I would expect to be sub-MOA.

If you venture into your own build, White Oak, Kreiger, Wilson Combat, and similar quality barrels will get you the same results.

Match and hunting needs aren't always the same bullet, or bullet weight, so do your homework on what it is that you are trying to achieve. You'll need to think a bit about how much twist you want, and if one twist is "good enough" for all you want to do.

Last edited by AH64guy; 01/24/17.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Interestingly enough I checked stags website and I can't find where they make that gaurantee anymore. Must have gotten tired of complaints about guys not gettin 1/2" with Tula...;)
Anyway I would still buy with confidence if that's the type of AR you were in the market for

She's gone shootin..
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like accurate rifles, but I have no interest in a 12 pound AR....................

MM

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had a 24" RRA and it was an accurate SOB. But a heavy SOB. I have a lightweight RRA for my coyote gun, it is also an accurate SOB.

NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I think most guns with a guarantee will meet it, in some form or fashion.

Generally speaking accuracy does not come with hunting bullets out of the box so to speak.

It does NOT come from ball FMJ stuff.

It comes from match grade, meaning maybe to the point of brass prep, sorting, unified pockets, tested primers, tuned powder charges, proven seating depths and neck tensions. PLUS a TOP line shooter.

That said if the twist works, and it won't shoot federal gold medal match 69s, it may not shoot much of anything.

Beware if its 3 shot or 5 shot groups, distances guaranteed etc... although 3 shot groups, if repeatable, should be more than good enough for 90% of the folks out there.

RE weight... I have a ACCURATE 308 bolt rifle... its also veyr heavy... in there is a theme of sorts, light super accurate are not as common by far.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Generally speaking accuracy does not come with hunting bullets out of the box so to speak.

It comes from match grade, meaning maybe to the point of brass prep, sorting, unified pockets, tested primers, tuned powder charges, proven seating depths and neck tensions. PLUS a TOP line shooter.

That said if the twist works, and it won't shoot federal gold medal match 69s, it may not shoot much of anything.

Beware if its 3 shot or 5 shot groups, distances guaranteed etc... although 3 shot groups, if repeatable, should be more than good enough for 90% of the folks out there.

RE weight... I have a ACCURATE 308 bolt rifle... its also veyr heavy... in there is a theme of sorts, light super accurate are not as common by far.

True, all that.

But here on the 'Fire, only 10 shot groups define an "accurate" rifle, or so I've been led to believe.

But then again, seems like everyone's rifles all shoot <MOA, all day, everyday, as long as the shooter does his part. wink

Or at least as long as we're only talking about 3 shot groups.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'd hate like hell to "guarantee" accuracy with anything... seeing what some people put on their rifles for optics, or the shooting techniques they have. Not to mention the ammo they use.

Probably 99 out of a hundred claims would be clearly "user error".

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

Also, have you found other brands to be just as accurate (or more so)?

1. Yes. Sample of one rifle of course. Won't do it with military style ball but otherwise good to go with six other types of ammo.

2. No. Sample of three rifles.
Very disappointed with the spendier of the three. I own/have owned two Mini-14's that shot better.
The other two are Ruger AR-556's with RRA triggers and
2-7 Leupy's. They are OK but not in the RRA's class.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wilson barrels, IE RRA, are generally some really good bang for the buck. FWIW. Maybe not sub moa, but for what they cost, they usually are pretty up to snuff. I"ve personally never seen one that was worse than MOA, most around 3/4 moa at 100. One or three had to be recrowned, evidently old dull drill bits dont crown well. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by rost495

True, all that.

But here on the 'Fire, only 10 shot groups define an "accurate" rifle, or so I've been led to believe.

But then again, seems like everyone's rifles all shoot <MOA, all day, everyday, as long as the shooter does his part. wink

Or at least as long as we're only talking about 3 shot groups.

MM

IMHO 10 shot groups is a good representation, or at least enough repeatable groups in both size and location, to prove similar.

Accuracy is what you need it to be, no more, no less.

I"ve shot my acccurate 308 a bit over the years. Generally one shot at 100 at the start of the season and its never been off more than 1/2 inch max from desired/expected impact. But I still know the gun is more accurate than that leads one to believe.

The problem is, its much easier to get a fluke 3 shot group in one hole than it is a 10 shot group. Hence the desire to see 10 shot groups.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I shot my Colt light weight last weekend with a VX6 1-6 scope and IMI M193 ball ammo.yes a chrome lined pencil barrel and FMJ ammo.

Shot 10 shot group, no cooling but I did notice I was aiming low and adjusted. Still shot a 2.5" group at 100 yards.

The thing that I was reminded of was a few 3 shot "groups" were under MOA and the rest could've been called flyers. That's why 10 shot groups matter.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
3 shot groups would matter if folks would be honest. but they are not.

3 shot groups have to have same size and impact center... thats hard to quantify...

Flyers, either you shot it there or its a flyer. same regardless.

but we know exactly what you are saying. 2.5 at 100 with ball is not bad. I used some TZZ many moons ago that was also decent. And some FNM. I"ve not shot anything else much in ball that was as good. HRT was good in 308, actually awful good, but I digress

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 57 invisible), 3,264 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,301
Posts18,468,064
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.