-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
E
E
I had a pair of Meindl I purchased in Europe that lasted 10 years. A couple years ago I purchased a similar model from Cabelas. So far, they seem to be the same great quality. FYI, Hoffman boots also sell Meindl. Not sure if that has been mentioned.

GB1

M
M
hi there at all.

first I'm sorry for any writing errors English isn't my native language.
I stumbled on this discussion searching for new Meindl boots.
Actually I'm dutch, living in the Netherlands.
Both Hoffman and Cabela have contracts with Meindl, so the boots they sell are made specifically for these companies. I never saw any of these models before.
A.J.Brooks sells the (normal) Meindl boots, I know every model and they're available in Europe.
I highly doubt there is a quality difference between the boots, but like any large buyer they will get a discount buying in bulk.
Meindl supplies many armies, Dutch marine corpse uses Meindl high alpine boots for many years. (I own a pair of this model)
I actually currently own 4 pairs of Meindl boots, and thrashed some over the years.
The issue of the Cabela perfect and the (regular) perfekt might be that Cabela can give any name to their boots.
It's just a completely different boot but it has the same name.
There actually is a model called perfekt and there is the super perfekt.
The perfekt is a class c mountain boot.
The super perfekt is a class D high alpine boot, 100% suitable for crampons and ice climbing.
I can assure you the super perfekt has no steel reinforcement.
For the (closet rot)issue, Meindl guarantees only 5 years on any sole and advises to resole the boots after this amount of time.
It's like car tires, if you park your car always the same way and one side would be in the shadow and the other side would be in the sun, the tires on the sunny side will start to crack sooner.
But the island can be resoled, just like most models.
Down side to having your shoes resoled by Meindl is a long waiting list.
Even over here a couple of months is normal.
I hope I helped you a little bit finding your answer and feel free to reply.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks Meindlman,

Old thread, but I'm still wearing Cabela's Meindls. Trashed one pair until the heals wore thru. Lot of miles, not sure on the years.

Latest pair are the Meindls ultralight hunter. They are definitely over 100miles of hunting time in 6months. May get another 100 before spring. Holding up fine. Like them so much, I bought a second pair in case they are Dc'd.

Chris Ledoux:

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My experience is I first started buying the Cabelas models, they fit my feet and are very comfortable. I couldn't afford the regular meindl boots. Later in life I started buying the regular meindl boots and the difference In quality was noticeable. Leather thickness, stitching, rubber were noticeable in difference. What turned me was I started wearing corked meindl's while cutting logs. That's probably the hardest thing a boot can be put through and I'd get a couple seasons out of a pair. They'd get a lot of miles, 1hr hikes just to get to my saw were not uncommon. I'm a meindl fan and if you can afford it I'd spring for the upgrade. Light use was fine for the Cabelas stuff but I'd wear a pair out in a month of horn hunting...

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
i have had a pair of Alaskan Hunters from Cabela's going on 6 or 7 years, they look a little shop worn but are still waterproof. I bird hunt 4 days a week from November to the middle of March plus all my deer hunting, I really got my money's worth out of these boots, best boots I ever owned!

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,322 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,659
Posts18,455,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.