Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
You're a rare kind of stupid.

You hunt and hike on western public lands? The rest of us only live here.

so do I dumb [bleep], utah. notice how the response is to impune me, rather than say umm YES that is a glorified duffle bag with a really fancy pack frame attached to it. When you lose the argument, lets just impune people and call them names. rather than respond to the substance of the charge. OR my point about digging stuff out during a days hunt. according to some of you none of that matters. just unload the pack to get to a granola bar or a piece of jerky. I am not going to show pics of my pack its in the shed its cold and snowy and I am not going outside.

my most used pack is a badlands sacrifice. probably not the best built pack out there but its light weight and if it ever breaks badlands is only 20 minutes from my house. Its hauled out way more elk than the pack is rated for and still held up just fine, on several different hunts. deer on other hunts. it also has hauled in big salt licks which are hard on a pack too. only problem was the frame squeeked. so they added tape to the edges for me.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 02/25/17.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
What pack are you using cumminscowboy?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
notice how the response is to impune me, rather than say umm YES that is a glorified duffle bag with a really fancy pack frame attached to it.

I already told you that you don't know what you're talking about you stupid SOB. You don't have a clue about Kifaru packs. They've had all manner of packs with multiple pockets for a few years now, try to keep up:

Five years ago that may have been true, but not any more.

You shouldn't slam a company like that when you haven't bothered to keep current with their products.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many animals have you hauled out of the boonies in a Kifaru pack in the past few years?

Me, or cowboycum?

Tanner

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You. Cowboy is zero, that's obvious.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I already told you that you don't know what you're talking about you stupid SOB.

[quote=smokepole]

]

sorry your having a bad day. are you really that mean to people in real life calling them names etc? instead what you could have done is described your setup and perhaps "taught" me something. instead its name calling, which I don't think adds to the conversation. man its just the internet why get all worked up. good thing pot is legal in colorado you need some to calm down.

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 02/25/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You. Cowboy is zero, that's obvious.

Since I started running Kifaru packs I think I've carried around 20 animals in them.

Tanner

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
sorry your having a bad day. are you really that mean to people in real life calling them names etc? instead what you could havedone is described your setup and perhaps "taught" me something. instead its name calling, which I don't think adds to the conversation. man its just the internet why get all worked up. good thing pot is legal in colorado you need some to calm down.

I tried teaching you something with my first post, but that didn't work. Here it is again, why don't you try reading it this time:

Five years ago that may have been true, but not any more.

You shouldn't slam a company like that when you haven't bothered to keep current with their products.

I have no interest in "educating" someone who won't take the few seconds it takes on the internet (they do have a website) to educate himself.

Not having a bad day either, I just hate to see uninformed internet experts badmouth a company they have no knowledge of. As far as pictures, here's one, see if you can count the pockets on this pack.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]

8 or 9 separate areas IFIRC?

My hero shot... and so far I'm the best looking on this thread.....

Tanner, get busy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Kenneth
... and so far I'm the best looking on this thread.....

You got me there, but that wasn't a hero shot. This is a hero shot. Tanner knows this spot, it was a brisk walk back to the take-out. We were out for 12 days and I used the old-school Longhunter guide, the "duffel bag-on-a-packframe," call me crazy but it did everything I needed:

[Linked Image]

Precious cargo in that pack:
[Linked Image]

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I subscribe to the thought of buy quality gear and use it. My go-to pack for going deep and steep for extended hunts is still my Longhunter Rendezvous. 7000+ ci, and it collapses well. Sheep, goat, elk, moose, deer, and few lopes have been persuaded to take a ride in it.

It's been used an abused and it still has a lot of life. It handles heavy better than my creaky knees do.

Can't go wrong with quality...Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, and I'm sure there are others.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Nice, memories for a lifetime.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Kifaru is top shelf, IMO. I had a longhunter for years, but then changed to the Mountain Warrior bag on the same frame. I really like the Mountain Warrior.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice, memories for a lifetime.

Thanks, and I'm still jealous of guys like Tanner and cwh who do it every year, wish I'd gotten into it a lot earlier. But there's always this:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Touche' Hero shot!

Where's the weekend warrior Tanner? That dude should have a worthy album by now....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice ram!! And I see it has the proper place in the middle of the mantel....

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Some people crack me up. I've been out of the real action for probably more than 10 years so you won't hear me talkin crap about anything current day. Back in the day, somewhere around Tanner's age or so it was a Camp Trails Freighter and Moose Bag with many trips and a variety of loads and critters. Technology has come so far since then!

[Linked Image]

Now that I've gotten my back screwed back together, I've a target to be in packing shape by ~Sept, Ovt, Nov. Somewhere around summer I plan to get a new pack and unless I can't get a Kifaru to fit, that's what I'll be running this fall. Maybe not at full speed or full capacity, but I plan on being out there.

Last edited by Akbob5; 02/26/17.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Touche' Hero shot!

Where's the weekend warrior Tanner? That dude should have a worthy album by now....

That is one wide, flaring sumbitch! Congrats. What range did it come out of?

Bob
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Alaska Range.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Alaska Range.

Thanks Kenneth. Seems each range, to a degree has their own characteristics so I am always curious when I see a Dall.

Bob
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 50 invisible), 1,954 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,185
Posts18,465,727
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.