Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I realize this is not a political forum but there is a very serious threat to all of us fellow hunters. The current regime in the white house has just authorized the sale of massive amounts of public land. I for one truly don't want this to happen.

My hunting days are limited but I want my sons to have some of the wonderful opportunities I have had. The future is bleak indeed.

As a concerned community we need to oppose this with everything we've got. Flame on but this is a very real concern to me.

David Boston

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Link?

All I've seen is a proposal by US representative Jason Chaffetz of Utah. Utah has been fighting this battle for decades. Nothing from "The White House".

Last edited by 1minute; 02/01/17.

1Minute
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tejano
The current regime in the white house has just authorized the sale of massive amounts of public land.
David Boston

Where's this coming from? Do you have some wires crossed?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

? ? ? D P immediately raises ?? To me.

? Maybe Fake News ?

Will be alert.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That article makes it appear that the new administration is _opposed_ to that particular type of tax money giveaway.

I also STRONGLY OPPOSE the giveaway of federal lands (and cash, and benefits, and ...) at this point.

Last edited by MZ5; 02/02/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The future is bleak? Hell the future was bleak with the prospect of Hillary.

Hunting on public lands would be under severe fire from the greenies, and who can afford to hunt when they are unemployed?

If you don't see the future in this country as the brightest it's been in 30 years, you're missing the big picture.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Utah's large land owners and investors want the public lands under state controls. The LDS chruch the largest ranching and land leasing concern in Utah favors this.

If the public lands become state controlled they will be sold to these powerful orgs. They will be gated and you will pay high fees to hunt. The LDS church owned Deseret Ranches charge $10,000 for an elk. crazy

Unita County Wyoming
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not coming from the White House, but from some western states' congressmen and senators. Jason Chaffetz from UT put out HR 621 that called for the sale of 3+ million acres of lands that were tagged for disposal under Clinton. LOTS of folks have been making him and their representatives know that is unacceptable. He has since killed the bill.

The fight is just beginning!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by drover
Chaffetz is withdrawing the bill

drover

Thanks I was concerned but this will come up again.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would like to see the gummint get a fair price for the stuff companies take from public lands, like timber, oil, minerals, grazing and such. Not much in favor of selling any off, but transferring some to the states is okay, as long as it can't be sold by them afterwards. I've seen too much public property in the East sold off in sweetheart deals to developer friends of public officials to go for that. To paraphrase Chico Marx, they're honest, but you've got to watch them a little bit.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Be advised that the Sierra Club has expanded its agenda to all sorts of left wing causes, such as abortion, transgender bath rooms, immigration and many other causes that have no impact on the environment. They were founded to support a good clean outdoors, but they have gone ballistic with just about every left leaning social issue. That includes utilizing fake news! They lost me long ago....

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 02/03/17.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tejano
I realize this is not a political forum but there is a very serious threat to all of us fellow hunters. The current regime in the white house has just authorized the sale of massive amounts of public land. I for one truly don't want this to happen.

My hunting days are limited but I want my sons to have some of the wonderful opportunities I have had. The future is bleak indeed.

As a concerned community we need to oppose this with everything we've got. Flame on but this is a very real concern to me.

David Boston

The above is absolutely and completely false. Trump is on the record opposing the sale or transfer of public lands; Don, Jr., is a massive supporter of sportsmen and public lands; and, SecInterior Ryan Zinke is on the record and strongly opposed to the sale or transfer of public lands.

If anything, we have a far GREATER degree of support for sportsmen and public lands in DC than we have had for decades.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
SecInterior Ryan Zinke is on the record and strongly opposed to the sale or transfer of public lands.

If anything, we have a far GREATER degree of support for sportsmen and public lands in DC than we have had for decades.

I remain unconvinced, and now is NOT the time to relax vigilance. Aside from TR, Republicans have historically and notoriously been poor on conservation issues. A case in point is the current H.R. 622 which is just another Republican's attempt to weaken Fed Land Mgmt. It's its own sort of Trojan Horse, chipping away at Public Lands.

And while Zinke opposes the transfer of federal public lands to the states, he supports transferring management of federal lands to the states in some circumstances. Zinke voted for a bill sponsored by Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho) that would transfer management of up to four million of acres of federal public lands to states and counties. Under such a scenario, federal environmental laws that protect wildlife, clean water and clean air would not apply to these lands.

I think it remains unclear what sort of Interior Secretary Zinke will be. Will he be a James Watt's? I'm hopeful he won't, but I'm not going to relax on this.

I wrote Zinke this morning on HR622...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by 4ager
SecInterior Ryan Zinke is on the record and strongly opposed to the sale or transfer of public lands.

I remain unconvinced, and now is NOT the time to relax vigilance. Aside from TR, Republicans have historically and notoriously been poor on conservation issues. A case in point is the current H.R. 622 which is just another Republican's attempt to weaken Fed Land Mgmt. It's its own sort of Trojan Horse, chipping away at Public Lands.

And while Zinke opposes the transfer of federal public lands to the states, he supports transferring management of federal lands to the states in some circumstances. Zinke voted for a bill sponsored by Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho) that would transfer management of up to four million of acres of federal public lands to states and counties. Under such a scenario, federal environmental laws that protect wildlife, clean water and clean air would not apply to these lands.

I think it remains unclear what sort of Interior Secretary Zinke will be. Will he be a James Watt's? I'm hopeful he won't, but I'm not going to relax on this.

I wrote Zinke this morning on HR622...

Well stated.

Last edited by wsmnut; 02/03/17.

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have to admit to having mixed feelings with this issue. I am quite conservative, but I do enjoy climbing, backpacking, and hunting-all on public lands. Being in southern Idaho, most all the recreation I do is on either National Forest or BLM land.
I think 4ager and Brad both make some good points.
I am cautiously optimistic, but, as stated in this thread, we need to stay vigilant.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not to stir the pot any, but a lot of the land earmarked for "disposal" has no access to it for the public.

I am not saying that a bill like this is not the camel's nose under the tent, but little bits and pieces left over from the homestead days are difficult and very costly to manage.

I am MAGA.
T
Tejano Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Here is another link about this bill. Proud of the Montanan's that opposed this. http://usuncut.com/resistance/hunters-fishermen-public-land/

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Count me as one Montanan that did...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
277 members (007FJ, 160user, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,968 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,806
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.