Campfire Tracker
Very sad. Rest In Peace!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Bob lived in Medford, MA, not in NH?

Gotta be a story there.

Would like info about his education, career, etc. Obit sorta sketchy on personal details.

DF

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Scott,
Thank you for posting Bob's Obit. Much appreciated.
Rob

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by beretzs
Here's Bob as a younger man...

[Linked Image]

Who says tailgate kill shots aren't cool? Bob made it cool. Love the pic.

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I don't post on here a great deal. I mostly stop by on my phone, find a topic of interest and read for a few minutes when I have a little time to kill. Reading on my phone has created an interesting pattern for me. I enlarge the posts and it usually cuts off the poster information on the left of the screen. More times than I can tell you I have read something particularly insightful and scrolled left to see who made the post and saw "BobinNH".

I never had the pleasure of meeting or even conversing with Bob but I can certainly say that I will miss him. This site will miss him.

RIP Bob. I hope there are deer up there and I hope you are chasing them!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
RIP BobinNH we will all miss your sage advice.

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love how he managed to get in one more diss of short actions on his way out. Well played, sir! Well played. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I love how he managed to get in one more diss of short actions on his way out. Well played, sir! Well played. smile

Yep.

That was "Bob cool", made his point with class and wit... cool

DF

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Gotta be a story there.

Would like info about his education, career, etc. Obit sorta sketchy on personal details.

DF

He moved to NH for awhile trying to get away from the city but being a lawyer it drew him back in eventually. At least that is what he told me.

Semper Fi
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Damn.

My deepest condolences to Bob's family and friends.

I traded texts with him last Sunday and tried to call him a couple times since but he didn't pick up.

Bob told me he was ill shortly after he was diagnosed with cancer. He had a tough fight. I hope he's in fine game country now.

I'll miss visiting with him.

Rest easy, Bob.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

Gotta be a story there.

DF

He moved to NH for awhile trying to get away from the city but being a lawyer it drew him back in eventually. At least that is what he told me.

Maybe his handle, BobinNH, revealed where his heart was, not so much where he slept every night.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Bob's heart was really in the west. That's what I gathered from our pm's. He said he would never move away from his family though.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I am diminished.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Gotta be a story there.

DF

Maybe his handle, BobinNH, revealed where his heart was, not so much where he slept every night.

DF

He and I used to talk about hunting the west, the east and anywhere in between. He said back when he was younger 2 or 3 trips out west a year weren't uncommon. He was a big bull or buck maven and strived to hunt them.

I loved seeing his 600 yard range time. While 600 is now considered short range by a lot of folks his rifles and gear were always ready. The old boy could press a trigger with the best of them.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by moosemike
I think Bob's heart was really in the west. That's what I gathered from our pm's. He said he would never move away from his family though.

I can understand family and career having ties on our free will to go do what we'd like to do.

At least he got in on some good hunts somewhat west of MA.

I'm glad he got to hunt KS WT's with Skane and Whelen Nut. That was great, I enjoyed the thread. Looked like all were having a great time. I guess it was his last hunt, although not sure about that.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bummer.

Bob was a hell of a good guy. I exchanged PMs with him a couple times.

Like others, I sensed some oddness with his posts the last few weeks, but didn't think anything of it. Looking back, it should have been a red flag.

RIP Bob.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Bummer.

Bob was a hell of a good guy. I exchanged PMs with him a couple times.

Like others, I sensed some oddness with his posts the last few weeks, but didn't think anything of it. Looking back, it should have been a red flag.

RIP Bob.

Yeah, he was a getting a bit edgy compared to his usual smooth style.

I'm sure he felt really bad, probably struggled to get his messages out.

It's amazing how he kept posting right to the end, evidently not one to give up the fight easily.

DF

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Guys the photos were great.. Bob often hunted north of my place, and with friends I knew from living in Medicine Bow for a short time... I guessed he had some health issues because he canceled a couple hunts.. We hoped to get together for dinner.. Never happened much to my loss..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was stunned when I saw the posting of Bob's passing. I had not spoken directly with him for some time & did not know he was so ill.

Here are pics that I posted for Bob a few years ago with a very nice Wyoming (as I recall) elk.

Bob was a great guy that I enjoyed talking to & we exchanged a few things; I will surely miss his presence here.

MM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (35, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,373 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,254
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.