Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K1500 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Looking for reports on the above two. I am running a 3/4 ton diesel and am especially concerned with excessive noise and premature wear.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I have a set of Mastercraft Courser Atx , couldn't say much about wear as they've only been on 2 months . As for noise they have a little hum but not excessive. They do well in snow and ice (Wv Deer Season ) . FWIW mine are on an 09 Tacoma , when I bought Walmart online was cheapest.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've been extremely pleased with the A/T3's. I can't comment about the "E" rated tires that you'd be running on a 3/4 ton. I have a set on my Tacoma with 47,000 miles on them and I'll get at least 5000 more out of them. They rode extremely well and were very quite until recently. Within the last 5000 miles or so they have gotten louder as the tread has started to wear close to the end of their useful life.

They have exceeded expectations in mud. I really didn't expect much, but the times I've been in mud they did great. No problems on wet or dry pavement.

In October I put another set on my F-150. I looked at other tires, but the Coopers were going to run at least $100 less anything else and they had a $70 rebate going at the time which made it hard to buy anything else. They ride a little stiffer than the factory Goodyears, and I consider that a good thing. At this point there is no more road noise than the hwy tires that came on the truck. I've not been in any mud, snow or other off road situations yet. But expect them to work as well as the ones on my Tacoma.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like JMR40, my AT3 tires on my Tacoma are wearing like iron. Very quiet and smooth tire with decent all terrain performance. They sure do ride nicely when I swap them back on in the spring after a few months with mud tires.....

Now with even more aplomb
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pard is on his 4th set between 2 different F-250's/Powerstrokes and will have a 5th when these wear out, he really likes them. I haven't been in any difficult driving with him but down the highway they're not noticeably louder than other AT tires.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
coopers at3's will get very loud after half tread or so.mine were so loud i couldn't even talk on my cell phone while rolling.i went with toyo's this time.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have went cheap a few times on E-rated tires and regret it every time with low mileage results or tires whining.The reason I try to buy a good quality tire such as Michelin.

Last edited by coobie; 12/25/16.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have somewhere around 80,000 miles on Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires on my Excursion which weights around 8000 pounds including the junk I haul around. Rotated twice, the tread wear is very even and I probably have another 10,000 miles or so to go on the tires. The Michelin LTX M/S 2 tire has been updated by Michelin and is now the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. You won't find any tire that is quieter or lasts as long as a Michelin.

K1500 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the feedback. My father just got the coursers and claims they are quiet, but he is getting kind of deaf to high pitched noises.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am on my second set of coursers. First set was on truck 7 years and 35 K miles and the belts let go in 2 of them. when they took them off the rim they turned almost inside out. I bought another set because they were cheap and I never got a hole in them running over stobs in fields. They are louder than z tread highway tires but not terrible. They worked for my purpose and price point at the time.
I don't drive the truck they are on that much. On my new truck I'll be looking at the Michelins.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a set of cooper At3's on a crew cab Z71 with 39k miles on them. No complaints and no noise. Should get another 20-30k out of them.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by walt501
I have somewhere around 80,000 miles on Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires on my Excursion which weights around 8000 pounds including the junk I haul around. Rotated twice, the tread wear is very even and I probably have another 10,000 miles or so to go on the tires. The Michelin LTX M/S 2 tire has been updated by Michelin and is now the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. You won't find any tire that is quieter or lasts as long as a Michelin.

I prefer to buy American.

Michelin is foreign owned. Cooper is an American company making their tires in America by American workers.

I've got AT-3's on two vehicles and am happy with them. Very quiet for an all terrain tire and good traction off road.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I run the AT-3's on my "good" truck. It doesn't see any time off road, nothing but interstate and paved secondary roads.
I've got approximately 30,000 miles on this set and I expect to get approximately 10,000 more before replacing; I'd buy them again.

The tires don't make excessive noise and have done well on wet/dry pavement as well as snow, but they leave a lot to be desired in the mud. My Dad and a couple co-workers have them on their hunting rigs and they just don't shed mud well. YMMV.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

K1500 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all for the info.

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
I run AT3's on my 1500 silverado and my tahoe.
Got great life out of them on both so far.
Silverado weighs 4800# and tow alot with it. Tahoe weighs 7000# and off road alot in it hog hunting and such. I use the AT3 as my summer tire and the cooper STT as my winter tires.

No complaints out of either and the AT3's will dig thru some goo if you keep the wheel speed up. Haven't gotten stuck with them yet with the Tahoe.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Tahoe weighs 7000#
What do you have hanging on that thing? Factory specs put the curb weight at about 5500.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by K1500
Looking for reports on the above two. I am running a 3/4 ton diesel and am especially concerned with excessive noise and premature wear.
In 2008 I put a set of mastercraft coursers on my 07 dodge diesel. While I did run them a lot on gravel and towing I expected better mileage. 30K and they where junk. I have real cooper on it right now. With the wear they are showing I may get 60K under the same driving conditions.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 2,836 guests, and 1,404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,476
Posts18,451,832
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.