Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ok so I have a new unused 10/22 receiver, bolt and trigger assembly commin my way and I have to decide on the build. After reading some earlier post I'm thinking about going with the Baracuda stock but I'm torn on the barrel selection. I have had great luck with all the Green Mountain barrels I've used but I'm thinking a light but accurate set up that the boys will gravitate to and I'm thinking one of the light carbon bull barrels. Feel free to throw some ideas out there that I may not have thought about.

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 02/07/17.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Check out the KIDD UL barrels. The KIDD products scream quality.

One too many hobbies....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by covejeepsxj
Check out the KIDD UL barrels. The KIDD products scream quality.
Never heard of 'em.. But - as you stated - their products appear exemplary.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
looked at the Kidd barrels during lunch. looks like they back up their product with that 1/2" @ 50 yrds guarantee. will keep this one in mind.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
When they first came out, I bought I Volquartsen Carbon Fiber (16") and a Hogue over-molded stock. Put in a VQ hammer; fooled with the trigger return; put in a buffer and a over-travel stop and added an oversize safety. It's a very light 10-22 with a fairly crisp 1 3/4 lb trigger.

I've put 10s of 1000s of rounds thru it. It's my "Gopher" gun --strickly shot out of my truck. I'd build the same thing again. It's worked very well. I've NEVER cleaned the barrel, as VQ instructed at that time.

I recently checked out the "custom" 10-22 makers; wondering if they had something better. At least for my use; they don't.

Last edited by LarryfromBend; 02/08/17.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My 10-22 will shoot bug holes with the Kidd Barrel

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nothing but pleased with my KIDD rifle. Very helpful people who are pleasant to deal with as well.. [Linked Image]

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
well i picked up my action today and it looks as advertised. i probably wont get this thing together until fall. leaning towards the kid barrel at this time just for something a bit different.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Several of my friends and myself have been more than happy with our feddersen Barrels.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I might just have to try a Kidd barrel as well. Look pretty damn promising...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[Linked Image]

KIDD Everything except Stock and Scope/Rings

One too many hobbies....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by covejeepsxj
[Linked Image]

KIDD Everything except Stock and Scope/Rings

can you say $$$$ "CA"-"CHING" $$$$
I bet that thing shoots bug holes all day long.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
BTW, in regards to the Volquartsen aftermarket parts i'm not as much of a fan as i use to be. let me explain. I've owned M77/22's for about 15 yrs now and bought a Ruger Mark II new in '89. I've used Volquartsen parts in all of them over time with good results. however my last experience left me a bit disappointed. i bought the adjustable trigger for my Mark II and when it arrived there was chatter marks from the tooling all through the hole and there were burrs on both faces. i bought it through Mid Way USA and contacted them about it and they sent a new unit right away no questions asked (good C.S.)but i also contacted Volquartsen directly to complain as well. apparently they have (or at that time had) most of their stuff made in China now and the quality control just sucked. it took three trigger units before i got one that was decent. now this was all about 3 yrs ago, maybe 4 now. so my question to all of you that still buy their stuff, how is their quality today? years ago when i bought various products from them they were slick and precise. hope that trend has returned.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
btw i found one of the pics i took of the trigger unit. notice the burrs on top of both holes and notice the chatter marks all along the inside of the hole. just so you know where i was coming from. was i expecting too much at that time?

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I just ordered a VQ trigger kit for my
mark IV. I'll let you know about the quality when I receive it.

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Nothing but pleased with my KIDD rifle. Very helpful people who are pleasant to deal with as well.. [Linked Image]

That build came out really well, Cert.

Very nice looking rig.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
BTW, in regards to the Volquartsen aftermarket parts i'm not as much of a fan as i use to be. let me explain. I've owned M77/22's for about 15 yrs now and bought a Ruger Mark II new in '89. I've used Volquartsen parts in all of them over time with good results. however my last experience left me a bit disappointed. i bought the adjustable trigger for my Mark II and when it arrived there was chatter marks from the tooling all through the hole and there were burrs on both faces. i bought it through Mid Way USA and contacted them about it and they sent a new unit right away no questions asked (good C.S.)but i also contacted Volquartsen directly to complain as well. apparently they have (or at that time had) most of their stuff made in China now and the quality control just sucked. it took three trigger units before i got one that was decent. now this was all about 3 yrs ago, maybe 4 now. so my question to all of you that still buy their stuff, how is their quality today? years ago when i bought various products from them they were slick and precise. hope that trend has returned.

Quick answer.

Buy Kidd.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I might just have to try a Kidd barrel as well. Look pretty damn promising...

bsa, I bought a Kidd barreled action when I put mine together. Barrel is a .920" bead blasted 18" match barrel with 1/2x28" thread.

You just can't defeat the darn thing. Run any ammo you want and it'll still make bugholes. Don't clean it. Same result. Throw a suppressor on the end. Same same.

Very dependable. They ain't cheap, but you get what you pay for.

If you bed the action and float the barrel like I had done to mine, and I know you can do yourself, you will be amazed. smile

Last edited by local_dirt; 02/10/17.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Certifiable

That build came out really well, Cert.

Very nice looking rig.

Thanks dirt...the way I see it you owe me several Benjamin's for planting the seeds;)

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

True that.. or at least several adult beverages.

Glad to pay up if we ever meet up, pard.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
386 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,044 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.