Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I might just have to try a Kidd barrel as well. Look pretty damn promising...

bsa, I bought a Kidd barreled action when I put mine together. Barrel is a .920" bead blasted 18" match barrel with 1/2x28" thread.

You just can't defeat the darn thing. Run any ammo you want and it'll still make bugholes. Don't clean it. Same result. Throw a suppressor on the end. Same same.

Very dependable. They ain't cheap, but you get what you pay for.

If you bed the action and float the barrel like I had done to mine, and I know you can do yourself, you will be amazed. smile

Damn, that sounds great. My factory target barrel is so damn finicky it isn't even funny. It took trying about 15 different types of ammo to find what it likes. Now I have 2 kinds of ammo it really likes. I'll seriously consider the Kidd barrel down the road for sure. I know Kidd makes some good stuff for these 10-22's.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
btw i found one of the pics i took of the trigger unit. notice the burrs on top of both holes and notice the chatter marks all along the inside of the hole. just so you know where i was coming from. was i expecting too much at that time?

[Linked Image]

Jim, that looks like chit. I use the Volquartsen target hammer in my target model and it works great. Your trigger, however, doesn't look like it should have made it out the door.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jim,

I received the VQ trigger kit and installed it today. The machining and finish was excellent on these parts.

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's good to hear. Volquartsen has always been affordable dependable upgrades. But when you contract out work you can loose QC if you don't stay on top of your contractors.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Very true! The pic of that VQ trigger you posted would certainly lose my trust. I'm glad VQ's QC appears to have improved. I'm a big KIDD fan when they produce parts that I need. Always quality stuff!

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
700 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 3,081 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.