Topic Options
#11807622 - 02/07/17 FEBRUARY - Ask Wayne van Zwoll Questions About "WHITETAILS IN LONG GRASS"
RickBin Offline

Campfire Outfitter

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Hi Guys:

I'd like to thank Wayne van Zwoll for his latest exclusive Campfire column, "WHITETAILS IN LONG GRASS." Please click this link to access the article.

Please use this thread to ask Wayne questions about the piece, and I hope you enjoy!

Thanks again, Wayne!

RV 728 BP
CLICK HERE to BUY ABM MATCH-GRADE HUNTING AMMUNITION!
#11910739 - 03/19/17 Re: FEBRUARY - Ask Wayne van Zwoll Questions About "WHITETAILS IN LONG GRASS" [Re: RickBin]
moosemike Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Lancaster county PA
Excellent article. More and more I'm seeing whitetails here in the east trying to hide "outside of the woods" too.
A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him. -Aldo Leopold

#11912081 - 03/20/17 Re: FEBRUARY - Ask Wayne van Zwoll Questions About "WHITETAILS IN LONG GRASS" [Re: moosemike]
WvZ Offline

Thank you, Moosemike. The deer in my yard can slip out of sight all too easily. But the cropped tulips and rhododendrons bear silent witness....Wayne

Originally Posted By moosemike
Excellent article. More and more I'm seeing whitetails here in the east trying to hide "outside of the woods" too.
Originally Posted By moosemike

#11922109 - 03/24/17 Re: FEBRUARY - Ask Wayne van Zwoll Questions About "WHITETAILS IN LONG GRASS" [Re: RickBin]
bludog Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: Missouri
Enjoyed the article, it appears your deer rifles tend to be on the lower end of the power spectrum - .243, 25-06, 303 British. Have you ever wished you had "more" rifle in a deer hunting situation?

"With today's bullets, the .284 win is about as good an all-around cartridge that you can find that is still pleasant enough to shoot."

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
RV 180 2
OX 160 1
RV 160 2 2
Who's Online
137 registered (257_X_50, 10generation, 10pointer, 204guy, 1_deuce, 15 invisible), 708 Guests and 693 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RBCN 160 3

Copyright © 2000-2017 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.