24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ya know, I don't remember seeing news articles about Republicans and assorted right wingers making these kinds of threats over the past 8 years. Sorta supports the old saw about liberalism being a form of mental illness doesn't it?

[Linked Image]

Teacher posts shooting Trump supporters sounds 'appealing' on Facebook

MURFREESBORO, TN (WTVF/CNN) - A substitute teacher has been banned by a Tennessee school district after he made politically charged comments referencing violence on Facebook.

Rutherford County Schools said yesterday they heard about the controversial Facebook posts a substitute teacher put online, including "the only good Trump supporter is a dead Trump supporter."

And a month later replying to a different comment saying, "shooting them sounds more appealing than getting along with them."

In a statement, Rutherford County Schools called the comments "inappropriate and threatening" and told the contracting company the substitute teacher works for that he won't be allowed to work there anymore.

David Colin said the school is making too much out of his comments.

"I think this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion," Colin said. "That morning there were millions of volatile comments made by millions of people."

Colin admits the comments being attributed to him are authentic, the first of which was posted the day after Donald Trump won the presidential election.

He believes it's only come to light now because people are threatening him over another political post he wrote to Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) and then went digging into other posts he had made in the past and unearthed the attack on Trump supporters.

"I don't want this to be about the posting," Colin said. "it's more about what comes after using people's freedom of speech and trying to use that to browbeat one side against the other."

However, Colin said he would tone down the violent nature of the comments, if he could.

"I'd probably phrase it a little bit differently, but I would still speak out," Colin said.

He also said he would never act on any of those thoughts.

From waff.com

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

BP-B2

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I'm scared now.I believe i am scarred for life. Oh wait thats the snowflake. Carry on. ED K

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You don't think crazy damn people like this can't find a happy bomb maker out there, just itching to fulfill his war game fantasies?
This will escalate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bring it on! Give me THE excuse!

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Freedom of speech is a good thing and should be protected, but some people believe that you are also free of the responsibility for what you say. This is a prime example of this mistake.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The more press they get the more they are going to do. They have to run their mouth to get attention. All of this is for them to stay inthe public eye.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's a substitute teacher.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wyogal
You don't think crazy damn people like this can't find a happy bomb maker out there, just itching to fulfill his war game fantasies?
This will escalate.

Right you are!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We have no shortage of dumass people in our country.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Wyogal
This will escalate.
Good point!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hanco
We have no shortage of dumass people in our country.
The dumb will be with us always. But the lying traitors have to go.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 405joe, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,381 guests, and 687 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,881
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.