24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a former fan of charters, I would encourage others to learn more about charter schools before one endorses them. We had one formed here in a school slated to be closed. First, they are not held to the same testing/performance standards as public schools. Also, because of budget constraints, they pay less. The teaching/admin staff becomes a rotating door, the best find better jobs, the bad stay. After about four years, concerned parents pulled their kids, now they have mostly dregs. Also, school choice rules allow students from surrounding districts to transfer in. The kids who are discipline problems or who have been expelled and their parents are paying tuition at a reduced rate.

Yes, this cesspool sucks money from the public schools that outperform it. Is that a good thing?

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 02/10/17.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
BP-B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Uh ... they're politicians, they're all "bought." Whether y' know it or not, you're just bitchin' about being out-bid. smile

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
As a former fan of charters, I would encourage others to learn more about charter schools before one endorses them. We had one formed here in a school slated to be closed. First, they are not held to the same testing/performance standards as public schools. Also, because of budget constraints, they pay less. The teaching/admin staff becomes a rotating door, the best find better jobs, the bad stay. After about four years, concerned parents pulled their kids, now they have mostly dregs. Also, school choice rules allow students from surrounding districts to transfer in. The kids who are discipline problems or who have been expelled and their parents are paying tuition at a reduced rate.

Yes, this cesspool sucks money from the public schools that outperform it. Is that a good thing?

If yours doesnt work, shut it down or fix. But dont let a schitty school in your town speak for charter schools everywhere. I'm really tired of someone in PA (or elsewhere) with an experience, thinking that said experience will be the same everywhere else.

That's been the point of most of the discussion here- allow options in different parts of the country, keep the decisions local, and dont GAF what someone from somewhere else thinks.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
That's been the point of most of the discussion here- allow options in different parts of the country, keep the decisions local, and dont GAF what someone from somewhere else thinks.

Yep. Whats the worst that could happen; lower drop out rate and higher GPA's? grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Anyone who gets high grades by teachers unions is not someone working to improve their educational future. LM has to be challenged by a proven conservative.
Having beat Joe Miller as a write-in, the AK Rep. Party has some work to do.
The teachers unions are afraid of just what Devos will do to reform their profession. The bottom line is that too many public educators are more concerned with their status than that of the students.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Maybe Sarah Palin will run against her ?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
Maybe Sarah Palin will run against her ?

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This was posted in a Craigslist rant and rave about Liiisa.

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
671 members (12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 76 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,614
Posts18,398,421
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.