S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by pal
His truck was fine for 40 years. Now, suddenly, it must have an electric fuel pump? Bull!

I agree.

To the OP:

Try to verify it is a fuel delivery problem. Mechanical pumps either work or they don't. If they fail, they spray gas out the atmospheric vent hole side of the simple diaphragm body.

Fuel delivery issues with a mechanical pump that does not have a bad diaphragm, points to restriction/blockage upstream of the pump. (between pump and tank or tanks)

Often times there are inline filters between the tank and pump, if those become plugged then the pump will starve. Kinks in hard lines, old soft line pieces at the tank outlet, screen sock on the pickup tube inside the tank on the sending unit.

.After the truck runs out the gas he poured down the throat, the truck continues to run and run good.Doesn't that negate and blockage question.

The OP just manually fueled the carb...............

Here is what he posted:

If I pour gas straight into the carb it'll fire up and usually after one try, almost always after 2 then it'll keep running after it burns up the gas I pour in.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by pal
His truck was fine for 40 years. Now, suddenly, it must have an electric fuel pump? Bull!

I agree pal. Guys that don't know how to work on vehicles tend to unnecessarily throw money at a nonexistent problem vs. fixing the real problem....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BSA--your sig line says it well. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks for all the input guys.

MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 33 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,575
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.