Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Sixpack Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Anybody running Leupold dual dovetails on an encore? I am wanting to run them with Leupold 2-7x33 or 3-9x40. I can clear these fine on bolt guns with dual dovetails and lows but unsure on encore with a hammer. Thanks

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I run nothing but Warne base and rings.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 12/17/16.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On my TC Encore Pro Hunter I'm running a Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 with the Leupold 1 piece Quick Release base and 1" low rings.

No clearance problems, but, I do have my hammer off-set.

Sixpack Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by skeen
On my TC Encore Pro Hunter I'm running a Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 with the Leupold 1 piece Quick Release base and 1" low rings.

Thank you sir. Having an older frame without the offset hammer is my concern. Appreciate the info

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can just buy a hammer extender, though some folks claim if you do add one to an encore, you'll need a stronger spring.

You can buy the whole kit for $23 bucks from Mike Bellm- http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=11&

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
You can just buy a hammer extender, though some folks claim if you do add one to an encore, you'll need a stronger spring.

You can buy the whole kit for $23 bucks from Mike Bellm- http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=11&

A hammer extension will break your hammer spur. You can upgrade your old hammer to the new style for $100.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Sixpack

Thank you sir. Having an older frame without the offset hammer is my concern. Appreciate the info

My Encore muzzle loader is an early model Encore frame without the swing hammer using the Leopold "QR" quick release rings. There is plenty of room for your thumb to cock the hammer.

Doc

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Reloder28
A hammer extension will break your hammer spur. You can upgrade your old hammer to the new style for $100.

I need to tell my Encore's hammer; it's had an extension on it for about 10 years without any trouble.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I need to tell my Encore's hammer; it's had an extension on it for about 10 years without any trouble.

I had four of them with hammer extensions and never had a problem. I really like the Mike Bellm hammer extension.

U
U
Bellm makes great extension. Been running one for quite a few years with no problems at all,

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Don't use steel hammer extensions. They will misfire. Too much weight.
Use aluminum extensions.
A Contender with the skeleton hammer will break.
My ENCORE hammers have never broken.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am probably the odd man out, but I really do not care for the leupold bases for the encore. To my thinking it leaves a lot of the eyepiece end of the tube sticking out the back of the ring unsupported. I prefer a mount that had the rear ring behind the base screws: One of my encore barrels has the Warne Maxima base and the other a Stratton Customs. Both use Burris Tactical rings as they are light and utilize 6 screws as I have had scopes slip in standard 2 screw rings.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
I am probably the odd man out, but I really do not care for the leupold bases for the encore. To my thinking it leaves a lot of the eyepiece end of the tube sticking out the back of the ring unsupported. I prefer a mount that had the rear ring behind the base screws: One of my encore barrels has the Warne Maxima base and the other a Stratton Customs. Both use Burris Tactical rings as they are light and utilize 6 screws as I have had scopes slip in standard 2 screw rings.

I strictly use Warne or MGM base on all my Encore & G2 barrels.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The MGM (AKA Stratton) base has the additional benefit of being available in a six screw version for the heavy recoiling calibers. I have two Virgin Vally Custom Gun (Stratton) and one MGM - these are identical and allow for Picatinny rail type rings.

An additional bonus with the MGM-style base is that it allows for greater ring spacing versus the Leupold/Burris dual dovetail mounts.

I only have one Pro-Hunter Encore frame and two regular Encore frames and I don't have any issues cocking the hammer on any of these frames.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Stratton bases on both my 7-08 and 50 cal barrels. Rock solid. I use a hammer offset, Marbles i think and have never had a problem and my Encore was bought new in '01.

Had a weaver base on my 50 cal originally but it flexed significantly.

Recovering Yankee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,365
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.