Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
First let me say that all of my centerfire rifles are fitted with Leupold scopes. I've used them for years with out issue. So I am a fan.

My latest Leupold purchase is a VX2 3-9X40 CDS unit. It was bought NIB but the erector system seems to be out of whack. The windage especially. Move it 4 clicks and it will move 2 to 4 inches. Hey, it happens to the best of them and Leupold's warranty is second to none.

So I fill out the online form and send it in. UPS Tracking says it was delivered on 31 Jan. Two weeks later, after two phone calls, they say it was received. That is all the rep on the phone can tell me. No other status available. OK, so they're very busy.

Then I ask what the SOP is. Will they tell me when it is finished? Will they tell me when it is being shipped back? Will I get a phone call or email or? They have no answer. They don't seem to have any SOP in place. I'm told they may send a post card, or they may email me, or maybe I will receive no notification at all. What?!

So, I guess if I haven't heard anything by June maybe I should call again?! A company that big with that good a reputation and they have no Standard Communication Operating Procedures?!

Is this the norm for Big L? What has been your experience and what should I expect?

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've sent a grand total of one L scope back for repair, a VX3. I had it back in my hands in two weeks.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
The time it takes doesn't bother me as much as the lack of communication. If I hadn't paid for tracking I wouldn't even know that it had arrived.

If I'm not told when it is shipped back to me I will have no idea when to expect it. So if it is lost or stolen who would know?

Just surprised at the lack of a standard for communication from the folks that set the standard for optics warranties.

Wish I could find contact info for some management types.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This sure doesn't sound like Leupold....I'll bet with very little creativity it wouldn't be hard to stir up somebody's mud puddle and get some answers...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They're typically great about resolving your issues in a timely manner (2 - 4 weeks). That said, it hasn't been my experience that Leupold relies on direct and ongoing interaction with the customer inorder to accomplish these timely remedie . You're more likely to just get the scope back repaired with service invoice approximately stating what was done to fix the problem(s) you reported in the letter you sent them with the optic.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you go online and fill out a service request form in advance, with all of your contact info, they do a pretty good job of emailing you when it is received in the repair shop and when it is shipped back. However, on the last one I sent them (late last fall), I noticed that it apparently took two weeks from the time that USPS dropped it off at the front desk until the service department said that they had received it. Nonetheless, the total turnaround time was about six weeks to back in my hands, This was during the peak of the season for repairs.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have a ton of leupold scopes and have had very good luck with all of them. That said I think the quality of the response you receive when you call is directly related to the quality of the employee on the other end. I called recently to get some info from the custom shop about reticle and turret options. I received nothing but responses that lead me to believe the employee on the other line must have some type of learning disability, and had no clue how Bullet trajectory varies from one cartridge to another.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
They're typically great about resolving your issues in a timely manner (2 - 4 weeks). That said, it hasn't been my experience that Leupold relies on direct and ongoing interaction with the customer inorder to accomplish these timely remedie . You're more likely to just get the scope back repaired with service invoice approximately stating what was done to fix the problem(s) you reported in the letter you sent them with the optic.

^^^This is my experience^^^

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks for the replies gents.

I did fill out the on line form prior to shipping and enclosed a copy. That just adds to my surprise as I know they have that info.

Thought the ship would be run a bit tighter than it appears to be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveh
Originally Posted by kingston

^^^This is my experience^^^

Mine as well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If I send something in for warranty work all I expect is that it’s repaired or replaced and sent back to me in a reasonable timeframe. I wouldn’t be concerned after a couple of weeks.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I sent a scope in a few years ago. Got it back in two weeks without notice all fixed.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Never had a problem when I've sent in a scope.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
They are supposed to email an update, then call to confirm credit card information if there was a charge. That said, I think they are running behind because of the snow outage they had in January. I ordered a custom shop scope on Jan 11 and have not received any information about it, took two weeks to get a phone call through to confirm they received the order. I have since sent another scope in for repair and while they answered the call faster, they never did send the email confirmation nor do they have an ETA on either scope.

Leupold are my favorite scopes, but they do not have the best customer service.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have sent back one out of 15-ish scopes. A vari-x II a long time ago. One they received it they simply sent me a new one just like it. No questions asked.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven

So I fill out the online form and send it in. UPS Tracking says it was delivered on 31 Jan. Two weeks later, after two phone calls, they say it was received. That is all the rep on the phone can tell me. No other status available. OK, so they're very busy.

Then I ask what the SOP is. Will they tell me when it is finished? Will they tell me when it is being shipped back? Will I get a phone call or email or? They have no answer. They don't seem to have any SOP in place. I'm told they may send a post card, or they may email me, or maybe I will receive no notification at all. What?!

They received it on Jan 31 and within two weeks Feb.14th you have called twice and posted a complaint on the internet.

They do have a SOP and they relayed same to you. You will either get a postcard, e-mail or the scope will show up in the the mail. You asked, how will I be notified and they told you. You don't seem to be satisfied and that's OK, but that is their standard.

Have sent scopes in for reticle changes. Once I knew they had it, I didn't worry a minute that they would not do what was right for the customer. Once I received a post card. Other times it just arrived. There is a better than even chance you will see your scope within 4-6 weeks.

Last edited by battue; 02/18/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
First world problem

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
The time it takes doesn't bother me as much as the lack of communication. If I hadn't paid for tracking I wouldn't even know that it had arrived.

If I'm not told when it is shipped back to me I will have no idea when to expect it. So if it is lost or stolen who would know?

Just surprised at the lack of a standard for communication from the folks that set the standard for optics warranties.

Wish I could find contact info for some management types.

Call them and ask to speak with a supervisor.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by RexM
They are supposed to email an update, then call to confirm credit card information if there was a charge. That said, I think they are running behind because of the snow outage they had in January. I ordered a custom shop scope on Jan 11 and have not received any information about it, took two weeks to get a phone call through to confirm they received the order. I have since sent another scope in for repair and while they answered the call faster, they never did send the email confirmation nor do they have an ETA on either scope.

Leupold are my favorite scopes, but they do not have the best customer service.

Really? There are many people who would disagree.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Some times I get a reply other times a scope just shows up fixed. Might be a little bit of disconnect between shipping receiving and repair. Seems though my first contact from leupold has been right around two to three weeks. That contact more often than not has been the scope in my hand fixed. Would rather them have someone working to get me my scope fixed than provide up to the minute tracking of it's location. But that's just me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
642 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.