-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Never before in human history, have so many people, eagerly done so much to insure their own demise, and have begged for the privilege of paying for it."
My own little saying. It goes along with my other saying:"When you let the opposition define the terms of the debate, you just lost the debate". There is a lot of that going on today as well.
Proof of this slide to destruction is provided in this story.
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31183/
Students at Elizabethtown College this month are wearing white pins in the shape of puzzle pieces to remind them of their white privilege.

The campaign was launched over the weekend by the Elizabethtown College Democrats, who say it aims to make students at the small and private liberal arts college in Pennsylvania more introspective about issues of race, especially in their predominantly white region of Lancaster County.

“Discussions about race are often perceived as being only open to people of color, but I think it is just as important for white people to partake in conversations about race,” Aileen Ida, president of the College Democrats, told The College Fix via email.

Ida said white people are continually allowing for a societal system of oppression to occur unless they work against it. The white puzzle piece pin represents racial struggles of all sorts.

“No matter how accepting someone is, that doesn’t stop them from being part of a system based on centuries of inequality,” she said, adding the campaign transcends politics.

Asked if all white students are privileged, Ida responded “yes,” but clarified that she doesn’t think all whites are socioeconomically privileged. Ida declined to cite specific examples of white privilege.

She also clarified that it’s not just white students who can wear the pins, that students of all races should take part to start a campuswide discussion that crosses racial divides.

Yet, she notes most people of color already have to live with racism while white people don’t.

“I believe that this [inherent white privilege] can be seen in the day-to-day life of people of color versus the day-to-day life of white people,” Ida said. “Most people of color don’t have a choice but to consider how their race affects their life on a daily basis, this is not true for most white people.”

According to the campaign’s official Facebook page, the project is similar to one started by a Lutheran pastor who made a commitment to “wear a white puzzle piece pin every day for a year to force herself to think about her white privilege and the impact white privilege has on people of color.”

The Elizabethtown College Democrats’ effort also “forces everybody to think about racial issues people face daily,” its Facebook page states. The campaign is slated to last through the month and beyond.

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
of course it does. History repeats constantly. America, and the Western European countries though, are out doing themselves and their ancestors, in precipitating the death of their culture and the White race.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Death comes from within.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
of course it does. History repeats constantly. America, and the Western European countries though, are out doing themselves and their ancestors, in precipitating the death of their culture and the White race.

To some, an Express Lane is what is needed. crazy

FJB & FJT
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've never experienced this "White Privilege" unless that means working hard and paying your own way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MagMarc
I've never experienced this "White Privilege" unless that means working hard and paying your own way and some useless leech's way.

A little clearer meaning of what they mean by white privilege, we need to give up more of our money. mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FROM THE ARTICLE - " ... Discussions about race are often perceived as being only open to people of color, but I think it is just as important for white people to partake in conversations about race,” Aileen Ida, president of the College Democrats, told The College Fix via email. ..."

And just when you thought that Democrat bliss ninnies could not get any stupider ................ crazy

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
racial politics..yes, it's real.

and as the global population continues to "evolve" plan to hear more about this unpleasant topic into the future.

the best way to resolve it as an issue and get it off the political table is unknown.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MagMarc
I've never experienced this "White Privilege" unless that means working hard and paying your own way.

you forgot paying for the deadbeats that wont work hard

.... like tears in the rain
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Absolute fu^cking idiots.............let 'em all go live in the black neighborhoods & see how well they (as sympathizers) get treated.

MM

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
"Never before in human history, have so many people, eagerly done so much to insure their own demise, and have begged for the privilege of paying for it."
My own little saying. It goes along with my other saying:"When you let the opposition define the terms of the debate, you just lost the debate". There is a lot of that going on today as well.
Proof of this slide to destruction is provided in this story.
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31183/
Students at Elizabethtown College this month are wearing white pins in the shape of puzzle pieces to remind them of their white privilege.

The campaign was launched over the weekend by the Elizabethtown College Democrats, who say it aims to make students at the small and private liberal arts college in Pennsylvania more introspective about issues of race, especially in their predominantly white region of Lancaster County.

“Discussions about race are often perceived as being only open to people of color, but I think it is just as important for white people to partake in conversations about race,” Aileen Ida, president of the College Democrats, told The College Fix via email.

Ida said white people are continually allowing for a societal system of oppression to occur unless they work against it. The white puzzle piece pin represents racial struggles of all sorts.

“No matter how accepting someone is, that doesn’t stop them from being part of a system based on centuries of inequality,” she said, adding the campaign transcends politics.

Asked if all white students are privileged, Ida responded “yes,” but clarified that she doesn’t think all whites are socioeconomically privileged. Ida declined to cite specific examples of white privilege.

She also clarified that it’s not just white students who can wear the pins, that students of all races should take part to start a campuswide discussion that crosses racial divides.

Yet, she notes most people of color already have to live with racism while white people don’t.

“I believe that this [inherent white privilege] can be seen in the day-to-day life of people of color versus the day-to-day life of white people,” Ida said. “Most people of color don’t have a choice but to consider how their race affects their life on a daily basis, this is not true for most white people.”

According to the campaign’s official Facebook page, the project is similar to one started by a Lutheran pastor who made a commitment to “wear a white puzzle piece pin every day for a year to force herself to think about her white privilege and the impact white privilege has on people of color.”

The Elizabethtown College Democrats’ effort also “forces everybody to think about racial issues people face daily,” its Facebook page states. The campaign is slated to last through the month and beyond.

After reading this article, still not feeling any sense of guilt of enjoying this white privilege for so many years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I'm supposed to feel bad when evil befalls them? Let evil have its way with them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by stevelyn
And I'm supposed to feel bad when evil befalls them? Let evil have its way with them.

let the debil take the hindmost.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (Akhutr, 10Glocks, batch, BB3, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,523 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,224
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.