Print Thread
Hop To
L
logger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I was asked by a good friend to sell her father's firearms - one of which is a Browning Citori 20 gauge shotgun. I am not a shotgun person so am trying to determine a reasonable value. So, Browning Citori 20 gauge, 2 3/4 inch, modified and improved fixed choke, 26" barrels, Serial Number 16408PY***, straight grip, schnable forearm, factory engraving on receiver, blued with nice wood, plastic Browning butt plate, excellent condition, nice and tight. Any help on general age and reasonable price would be appreciated.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Made in 1982.
$1000-1500 depending on condition.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome guns. Always wanted one.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like I screwed up last fall. I fondled a Citori similar to the one the OP describes, except this one was 28", M&F, with pistol grip. Very nice shotgun, practically new. $700 and I passed!! The reasons are several, I am a Beretta guy, not a Citori shooter, the fixed chokes are a minus, and I don't care for those hard plastic butt plates. However, I just picked up a Cynergy Field 28 gauge two days ago. That shotgun feels just like a Beretta! Can't wait to get it out to the skeet range, but we're still waist deep in snow here. Good luck on your sale.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudstud
Looks like I screwed up last fall. I fondled a Citori similar to the one the OP describes, except this one was 28", M&F, with pistol grip. Very nice shotgun, practically new. $700 and I passed!! The reasons are several, I am a Beretta guy, not a Citori shooter, the fixed chokes are a minus, and I don't care for those hard plastic butt plates. However, I just picked up a Cynergy Field 28 gauge two days ago. That shotgun feels just like a Beretta! Can't wait to get it out to the skeet range, but we're still waist deep in snow here. Good luck on your sale.

$700 is about the going rate for a fixed choke 12 gauge.
The 20 gauge upland specials command higher prices.

Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
can you post a pic?

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sounds like a Superlight not an upland special to me. If the last 3 digits are 123 it's a Superlight. Made in '82.

I have one as well, my favorite shotgun.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by mudstud

$700 is about the going rate for a fixed choke 12 gauge.
The 20 gauge upland specials command higher prices.

FWIW, it was a 20.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Superlight is one of my favorites. Citori's are VERY fine made shotguns for the money, compared to other guns in their price range. Somebody will be happy if they get it for $1000.

`Bring Enough Gun`
L
logger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Yes, the last three digits of the serial are 123. It weighs a couple of ounces under 6 lb. Spent some time looking closely at it today and it is doesn't look like it has been shot much. I do know that it was a one owner shotgun and he really took good care of it. The owner was a great guy. As he was declining, we conversed numerous time about my reloading projects. After he had passed away, his daughter let me know that I was to be given all of his reloading gear, including his Oehler 33 chronograph.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow, but I would need to email them to someone that could post them on the Campfire.

Thanks so much for the info, it is very helpful.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome gun. Always wanted one. Hint.

grin

Sounds like you got a fine shotgun there.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What the serial number difference between an Upland Special and a Superlight. I have an english stocked 28 gauge Citori that I'm getting ready to put up on the classified section. It has choke tubes. Serial 290****A73.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The last 3 digits of the serial number are the model designation.

Send me info on this 28 gauge.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
L
logger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
A few pictures. Sorry about the longitudinal pictures. I rotated to the correct orientation on Photobucket but it didn't seem to take when I copied it to this post.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW that is nice!
I'll change my original estimate to $1500-1900 maybe more!
What a sweet grouse gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, nice! $2000 or more... smile (sorry Fireball)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,877
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.