Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#11829274 02/15/17
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

Inspired by brewers’ experimentation with a SMaSH Mosaic brew (SMaSH stands for Single Malt and Single Hop brew), Husky IPA seeks to take the Mosaic hop’s best characteristics to the finish line, providing for a juicy IPA with tropical and stone fruit flavors and a bright aroma of tangerine and papaya.

“Our experimentation with a single malt and single hop brew with Mosaic really led to the formulation of this recipe,” said Brewer Greg Morgan. “We’re taking two great ingredients and attempting to get the best characteristics out of them, creating a really tasty beer that in this case accentuates the Mosaic hops.”

https://alaskanbeer.com/2017/01/12/alaskan-brewing-releases-husky-ipa-for-spring/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
such a gourmand...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The six I have is from a batch that could stand in for breakfast's grapefruit juice. I like.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
[Linked Image]

Inspired by brewers’ experimentation with a SMaSH Mosaic brew (SMaSH stands for Single Malt and Single Hop brew), Husky IPA seeks to take the Mosaic hop’s best characteristics to the finish line, providing for a juicy IPA with tropical and stone fruit flavors and a bright aroma of tangerine and papaya.

“Our experimentation with a single malt and single hop brew with Mosaic really led to the formulation of this recipe,” said Brewer Greg Morgan. “We’re taking two great ingredients and attempting to get the best characteristics out of them, creating a really tasty beer that in this case accentuates the Mosaic hops.”

https://alaskanbeer.com/2017/01/12/alaskan-brewing-releases-husky-ipa-for-spring/

I like the label! Not a big IPA fan though-I'd rather drink the other IPA(Isopropyl Alcohol) than that stuff! Sorry Mike. smile

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
i'm not big on IPA either. Label is cool though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Mosaic is the most recent hop of the week for pale ale.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our local Walmart doesn't have it! Guess I'll need to head north.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 340boy
[Linked Image]

I like the label! Not a big IPA fan though-I'd rather drink the other IPA(Isopropyl Alcohol) than that stuff! Sorry Mike. smile

From the description in the link: Husky IPA, released in January, features on its label a Husky cresting a snowy ridge on the label.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
There was an IPA thread in the main forum not too long ago. Many posters commented about the seeming competition between brewers to go over the top in hopping their IPAs.

This brew, while hopped, is different in that it is more aromatic and not as bitter as many IPAs. That's the extent of my descriptive powers of the flavor. It's just good!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't really hopped on the IPA trend, but that likely won't keep me from picking up a 6 or 12 of the husky to give it a try.

This is more my style.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Those are too 'syrup-y' for my taste.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You don't like to chew your beer?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
There was an IPA thread in the main forum not too long ago. Many posters commented about the seeming competition between brewers to go over the top in hopping their IPAs.

This brew, while hopped, is different in that it is more aromatic and not as bitter as many IPAs. That's the extent of my descriptive powers of the flavor. It's just good!

Very perceptive on the aroma.

I agree on the bitter bombs. That's a Calif/west coast trend of blasting the beer with hops early in the boil to get as much bittering as possible. With the newer fruity hops like Mosaic the New England style is to add massive amounts late in the boil or dry hop after fermentation so less bittering and more flavor and aroma. The regional designations are not accurate now but just a description.

I brew my own beer and definitely prefer NE style.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Their Hopthermia is one of my current favorites. It has lots of bittering and aromatic hops.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Eat your beer with a spoon, Paul!

Art - they're sure proud of the Hopo, selling it in 4-packs! I like it too. The Hop 12er is a nice variety.

The Husky is gone in April they say.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

From the description in the link: Husky IPA, released in January, features on its label a Husky cresting a snowy ridge on the label.

Oh what the heck, I could try a bottle(or two.) Alaskan Amber is one of my favorite beers, period. Most of the other stuff I have had from them has been good, no doubt.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I haven't really hopped on the IPA trend, but that likely won't keep me from picking up a 6 or 12 of the husky to give it a try.

This is more my style.

[Linked Image]

Ohhh! I could like that. Break out the bottle opener and the "spork", Mike.
grin

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Too stout to go through a straw?
wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Oh what the heck, I could try a bottle(or two.) Alaskan Amber is one of my favorite beers, period. Most of the other stuff I have had from them has been good, no doubt.

I'd mail you one or two if I believed they would arrive safely.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been big on pilsners in cans!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 50 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,225
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.