Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
So finally heard from the goof Ex employee who didn't show up for work(for 2 weeks) nor call till I received a text message yesterday asking for his final pay check.
He picked it up without incident and I just said "here ya go bye"

Then I received this text message..I deem it an instant classic for the ages along side "The dog ate my homework" TFF!

"kind of embarrassing 2 talk about but i didnt show up for work because i had a hemroid problem that was very painful and its gonna be another couple days
be4 i recover idk if you hired somone else or not but w.e the situation is i would like to come back and work for you"

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T.M.I.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell him having him as an employee was also a pain in the ass.

His departure will ultimately solve both.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Butt hurt is no excuse...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Send him a tube of Preparation H..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a pretty good one, considering it was two weeks.

My brother sells re-claimed construction materials that come from tear-downs. One of the main guys that runs a tear-down crew had several workers that were all no-shows for a few days. When asked why they didn't come to work, one said that they'd "had the radioactive cancer". When asked how they got such a thing, they claimed "it was from JJ's thieving ass what stole a busted microwave and used it in the house". When asked how they were miraculously back at work a few days later, they said the doctor cured it. What did the doctor give them? "Some Tylenols".......

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Years ago I worked for a seed company. We had a Mexican kid who, about once a week, would call in drunk. He didn't lie about it. He'd just say he was too drunk to work that day. The boss was about ready to fire him when he didn't show up one day. The boss called him in to fire him and he said something like 'You no fire me por favor. If I no work, I go to jail.' He was done with that job for sure but I never heard if he went to jail.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Send him a tube of Preparation H..

A lovely parting gift!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I had a Plumber that worked 4 days a week on average. 5 this week, 3 the next. I liked him or I would have fired his ass a lot sooner. One of the other plumbers ask him why he only worked 4 days a week. Greg looked at him and told him, ". I can't quite make it on three". That made sense to me. I finally ran his ass off. He finally straightened up from what I heard.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Had an apprentice that refused to help set a prefabricated panel! I was pissed and ask what the hell, give us a hand! He says I can't my shorts are to tight! I couldn't do anything but laugh!!

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had a guy call in with a combo of gas and cancer, he used that right up until we fired him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You should text him back

I had a hemorrhoid too
Biggest hemorrhoid ever
What a pain in the ass
I finally got rid of it.
Not looking to go through that again

See if he makes the connection. whistle

Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read all the posts above and would like to say "you ain't seen nuttin' and yer gettin' off easy" Most if not all of the above is normal where I live.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

The world is run by those that show- up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not work related, but…

β€œI missed that one deer because I was shooting at the other one.”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder what he hit his head on.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sorta creative. He went with the medical sympathy angle AND the too embarrassed to tell you angle. One-two punch excuse. Perhaps you weren't using his creativity to his fullest potential. Maybe he should be in some sales capacity for you. grin

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knew one pretty senior guy at a previous employer, who told his supervisor he had to get a boil on his butt lanced and wouldn't be in for a couple days. Probably true as he'd clearly been in pain from it. The supervisor told everyone, of course. About 10 guys brought him pillows to sit on. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New yard guy knocked on my door and said he's the greatest so I sent him up on the mountain to clear some brush and a fence line. Did OK. Said he would be back the next day but didn't show for 3 weeks with no calls no nuthin'. Quit after I said it would be nice for him to stick to his word.

Gave up getting upset about the lack of giddy up n go around here long ago. It is what it is .

Had a girl show up with her own equipment including gas. Did more work in an hour than the hillbillies did in 2 1/2 and she's a Republican ta boot ! laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Knew one pretty senior guy

Contractor next door has a helper that's been with him for a long time.

Four months !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,201
Posts18,466,042
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.