Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 63 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 62 63
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
[Linked Image]

Nowhere near the size of you'alls but my best to date.
19" inside spread with two busted points on his left side.
Talking to my neighbor about him and he sent me this pic of him from his trail cam.
Late afternoon hunt last Nov. just grabbed my dads old 870 with couple Rem old school slugs and went for a walk. I smelled this guy 20mins before I ever saw him. He was ruttin' hard. Actually passed on him at first cause lots of brush/trees in way, but then he came back, his mistake, my luck. His back legs were soaked from him pissin himself. Just a nice healthy Illinois deer.

GB1

M
M

Not to bad for a TN boy, but nothing like a lot of you fellas!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last edited by RBO; 02/15/17.
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Great deer RBO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JDK
Great deer RBO

+1.

RBO, I'll travel a short limb here and surmise you hail from Alberta. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JDK
Great deer RBO

Holy crap! I'd say!

Camp is where you make it.
RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by JDK
Great deer RBO

+1.

Yes I do!

I have some land in north central Alberta where the prairies meet the boreal forest. I'm blessed with being able to hunt some land that holds some great potential. Back in 2007-2014 we had a string of hard winters that put a good dent in our heard numbers so it's been 4 or 5 years since I pulled the trigger on a whitetail.

We've had mild winters since then so numbers are getting better, I passed on quite a few in the 150"-160" last fall, I hope to see them again this fall.

Even in Alberta those big deer aren't behind every tree though. I have spent a lot of time in the woods finding them. Not many guys from around here have a collection like mine.

Last edited by RBO; 02/16/17.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
RBO Very Nice!!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Lots of big deer from all over on here. Impressive actually.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by JDK
Great deer RBO

+1.

Yes I do!

I have some land in north central Alberta where the prairies meet the boreal forest. I'm blessed with being able to hunt some land that holds some great potential. Back in 2007-2014 we had a string of hard winters that put a good dent in our heard numbers so it's been 4 or 5 years since I pulled the trigger on a whitetail.

We've had mild winters since then so numbers are getting better, I passed on quite a few in the 150"-160" last fall, I hope to see them again this fall.

Even in Alberta those big deer aren't behind every tree though. I have spent a lot of time in the woods finding them. Not many guys from around here have a collection like mine.

I hope my query to locale didn't give the idea I think they're easy. You obviously work very hard at it - and proof is in the picts.

It's rare for me to sleep at night and not dream about Canadian bucks like this: grin
[Linked Image]

WWP53D
IC B3

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by JDK
Great deer RBO

+1.

Yes I do!

I hope my query to locale didn't give the idea I think they're easy. You obviously work very hard at it - and proof is in the picts.

It's rare for me to sleep at night and not dream about Canadian bucks like this: grin
[Linked Image]

That "bush buck" in particular is special to me, I was with both my father and my son (he was 5 at the time) when I shot that one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've only hunted up in your neck of the woods once but plan to do so again soon.
Have avoided AB and SK the last couple of years due to the previous severe winters.

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Awesome bucks RBO! Dream worthy for sure!

Semper Fi
RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've only hunted up in your neck of the woods once but plan to do so again soon.
Have avoided AB and SK the last couple of years due to the previous severe winters.

Good call, I've been guiding here for almost 20yrs and the past 5 years or so have been work, with the exception of last fall.

In my part of the province we are finally starting to see better numbers of mature bucks, with last season being a promising indicator of what's to come for this fall. This will be the first time in quite a few years that I'm excited about the whitetail forecast. There is one buck in particular that I couldn't take last fall because I was guiding at the time, that I really hope to cross paths with again this fall.

Shoot me a pm if you plan on heading this way in the future, I'm just in the process of purchasing the outfitting business from the guy I've been guiding for for the past 17yrs and we might have an adventure you're interested in.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Had the pleasure of hunting Alberta last year, unbelievable place, great folks. I think about going back everyday....
[Linked Image]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RBO
Originally Posted by JDK
Great deer RBO

+1.

Yes I do!

[Linked Image]

Those are exactly the type of bucks that keep me awake at night.

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
New poster. Hopefully have the picture thing figured out. Nice bucks guys. Great way to pass the winter downtime. I added an elk called in for my dad as well.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Very nice bucks huntingd

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Beautiful bucks huntingd!

Semper Fi
Page 35 of 63 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,893 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,576
Posts18,453,975
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.