Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
That's what I say! I buy a lot of stuff at Cabela's including firearms (if it's on sale). I ordered a Beretta pistol 2/14 that was on sale and got an email 2/15 that is was ready for pickup. I went to pick it up yesterday 2/16 and when I got to the firearms counter the ticket dispenser where you get a number so they will know who the next customer is wasn't working. I asked one of the guys behind the counter about it and he said it was a corporate directive to stop using it. This was at the store in Buda, Texas but I assume that it is national policy. I asked him how he knew which customer to serve next and he just shrugged his shoulders. I asked a customer who was there when I got there if he had been waiting a long time and he said he had. I told him I guess I'll just stand behind you until you get served and hope I'm not cutting in front of anybody. I waited about 20 minutes before I got served which isn't that big a deal, I don't mind waiting as long as no one cuts in front of me. I asked the Cabela's guy (a retired San Antonio cop) about the ticket dispenser and he said they weren't using it was because the corporate office said they were getting a lot of customer complaints about it. He thought it was BS too because when they're busy there is no way they can keep track of who should be served next and some of the customers were really pissed by the time they got served. He suggested I talk to the store manager before I left and fill out the customer survey and the website address would be on my receipt. He took my pistol to another section where you wait in line for someone to hand you an iPad for filling out the 4473 and then checking when you get through. The person that does the iPad thing doesn't wait on any customers. You then have to wait in another line to actually take possession of your firearm. The whole process took about an hour with most of the time was the 4473 process. I have a handgun license so I'm used to buying a firearm in 15-20 minutes. I didn't have time to talk to the manager yesterday but I called this morning and left him a message to call me back. I don't expect him to call back but if he does and I don't like what he says I'm done with Cabela's. The guy at the firearms counter did tell me that the decision to stop using the ticket dispenser was made by Cabela's before Bass Pro Shop took over.

Last edited by victoro; 02/17/17.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Please let me/us know what you find out. Is the .223 9" twist?

Yes.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Does that military discount include veterans? Or just active duty?

Retired and active duty. I don't know about vets who served but didn't retire.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
1) I don't think they give you that discount on firearms... for mil.

Always buy a gun in a good caliber you "DON'T" need.

That way you don't have to buy another one... because you already have a good one that you aren't using.

They do give the military discount on guns.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
sweet little rifle

First time I have seen a modern Savage referred to as 'sweet'.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
sweet little rifle

First time I have seen a modern Savage referred to as 'sweet'.

I defy you to handle one of the stainless LWH rifles and not think sweet. If handling it doesn't win you over, getting well under MOA groups should.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Does that military discount include veterans? Or just active duty?

Certainly active duty and retired. Not sure about 'short termers'.

Last edited by WiFowler; 02/17/17.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

"Paul, you idiot, yes it's a good deal, but you know damn well you don't need another rifle. It's ridiculous to think about it."

So, what does "need" have to do with anything? grin

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.