Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's only inadequate when you can't hit the target.

I'll,have to take you guys word for the superiority of the partition. I've never used one on game. I've always used InterLocs or TSX for African game. I have recently begun to use TTSX or Accubonds.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
For those who want to control as many of the variables as possible AFTER the bullet hits the critter.... there's the Partition. Variables here include: quick moving shots, angles, big bones, JeffO ass-shots, etc....

For those who want to control as many of the variables as possible UNTIL the bullet hits the critter.... there's a veritable cornucopia of high BC bullets. These variables include wind, extended range, accuracy, etc...

The shots you like to take... and the places you're likely to hunt... should influence you choice in projectiles much more than what a bunch of "get off my lawn" guys say on the internet.

Interesting that most of your "tinfoil bullets" are also heavy for caliber bullets shot at moderate speeds (2700-3000 fps). Seems to me that heavy for caliber, cup & core bullets, at moderate speeds have been killing the schitt outta stuff for 100+ years.... but all of a sudden they're inadequate because they're also "high BC long-range bullets".

I bet if you handed JOC a 7 Mag loaded with 162s he'd be aweful f'n impressed with its ability to a) hit schitt.... and b) kill schitt....

Well said....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Never had a partition fail me. Come to think of it I never had an A-max, interlock, ballistic tip, accubond, mag-tip, deep curl, bear claw, grand slam or hard cast bullet among others ever fail me. Put'r where it kills and chit will work. It's called shoot your hunting loads at distances you plan to hunt in all conditions and figure out how they behave. Know your weapon like it was an extension of your body. What was that old saying? Sumptin' bout fearing a man with one gun. I know, I know, blasphemy in these parts!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
For those who want to control as many of the variables as possible AFTER the bullet hits the critter.... there's the Partition. Variables here include: quick moving shots, angles, big bones, JeffO ass-shots, etc....

For those who want to control as many of the variables as possible UNTIL the bullet hits the critter.... there's a veritable cornucopia of high BC bullets. These variables include wind, extended range, accuracy, etc...

The shots you like to take... and the places you're likely to hunt... should influence you choice in projectiles much more than what a bunch of "get off my lawn" guys say on the internet.

Interesting that most of your "tinfoil bullets" are also heavy for caliber bullets shot at moderate speeds (2700-3000 fps). Seems to me that heavy for caliber, cup & core bullets, at moderate speeds have been killing the schitt outta stuff for 100+ years.... but all of a sudden they're inadequate because they're also "high BC long-range bullets".

I bet if you handed JOC a 7 Mag loaded with 162s he'd be aweful f'n impressed with its ability to a) hit schitt.... and b) kill schitt....

Imagine also if you handed J.O.C. a ruger RPR in creedmore, a box of factory shells and mounted a straight 10 x SWFA on it and he made steady hits out to a grand, then told him the whole works was less the 800 bucks......

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Jeff O ass shots can be deadly if rightly executed. 😀 If you ever have the unfortunate experience of getting in a gun fight with a chit-bird don't rule out putting rounds in the pelvic girdle. It'll change their channel real quick like. Just a little tip from experience.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Stickbow

Jeff O ass shots can be deadly if rightly executed. 😀 If you ever have the unfortunate experience of getting in a gun fight with a chit-bird don't rule out putting rounds in the pelvic girdle. It'll change their channel real quick like. Just a little tip from experience.

I'd love to hear about your experience with pelvic shots....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If you're ever in a spot where or when it's needed you'll know. The pelvis is a very crucial chunk of bone needed for human mobility. Smash it with a couple rounds and things stop all the sudden. People who do combat shooting get too fixed on keyhole shaped targets and don't think outside the box. A couple of raid entry schools and some life experiences have taught me different. Perhaps over beers some day. Jokes on the ass shot thing of course although I've seen it done.

Last edited by Stickbow; 02/20/17.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'd love to hear about your experience with "combat shooting"....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why in the [bleep] are you shooting something in the pelvic bone?
Are you a special kind of stupid?
I've never purposely EVER aimed at a animals pelvic area.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Targets hit in the pelvis can still detonate their vest or release a grenade.
sounds like you were just in narcotics or something when you say you did a couple raid entry classes.
Top tier operatives dont just do a few days of courses and join a raiding unit.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gonzaga
Why in the [bleep] are you shooting something in the pelvic bone?
Are you a special kind of stupid?
I've never purposely EVER aimed at a animals pelvic area.....

Obviously you've never been in a gunfight while raid entering a deer bedding area.... otherwise you'd be pounding Partitions into every pelvic girdle you could find....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wyoming260

Imagine also if you handed J.O.C. a ruger RPR in creedmore, a box of factory shells and mounted a straight 10 x SWFA on it and he made steady hits out to a grand, then told him the whole works was less the 800 bucks......

If you told him that, you'd be lyin' like a sumbish.......

The RPR is more than $800, all by it's very own self.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He might of meant a Ruger Predator Rifle.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by David_Walter
He might of meant a Ruger Predator Rifle.

Is that made by Ruger?

DW

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never tried to shoot a buck in the d.i.c.k. or an elk, but apparently where this guy's hunts deer and elk walk around on their hindquarters.....lol....

Anyone want to send me some Nosler partitions so I can load them up and shoot them out of my .260?
I'll shoot them right next to my 139 gr Scenar's at 550 and we will see just exactly WTF is up with all this BS.
I don't have a dog in this fight but I'll put my money on my "tin foil" bullets as B-rad calls them.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That RPR comment struck me as strange too Don...

Could he have meant a RAR?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
yup. That's what he prolly meant. But that's still no excuse for me not to miss a chance to bust balls....grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Is that made by Ruger?

DW

An Ruger American Rifle Predator.

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRiflePredator/models.html

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You take what you have and it makes for an easy follow up. If you don't get that so be it. Been doing entries for eighteen years. Not everything is attached to a detonator. Not every war zone is in Afghanistan. Nor requires a military ranking. Ever work in Detroit, East St Louis or New Orleans. I've had my 214 for some time. It's chitty everywhere. No need for further hi jacking.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by David_Walter

Is that made by Ruger?

DW

An Ruger American Rifle Predator.

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRiflePredator/models.html

FTMFW!!!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
682 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 77 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.