Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by wyoming260

Imagine also if you handed J.O.C. a ruger RPR in creedmore, a box of factory shells and mounted a straight 10 x SWFA on it and he made steady hits out to a grand, then told him the whole works was less the 800 bucks......

If you told him that, you'd be lyin' like a sumbish.......

The RPR is more than $800, all by it's very own self.

I did mean Predator... Sorry for the confusion

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
yup. That's what he prolly meant. But that's still no excuse for me not to miss a chance to bust balls....grin
laugh
I probably deserve it.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickbow
Not everything is attached to a detonator. Not every war zone is in Afghanistan. Nor requires a military ranking.

Think outside the bubble, It doesn't have to be Afghanistan, domestic terrorists can also have wired vests and grenades,
so anyone required to directly deal with such many well face the prospect that pelvic shots will end in delay and disaster.
Whats appropriate for your level & line of work doesn't necessarily apply to the requirements of other more demanding tasks.

added:
However, in regard to hunting, I surely would put an appropriately capable bullet in the hips of injured game thats fleeing,
(if that was the best avail. shot option) simply in order to try and anchor the beast to prevent a tracking job and to reduce
any extended suffering to the animal.

Ive had heated debate with folks that though there was something wrong with busting a wounded buffalo or lions hips that
might be escaping to hide in long grass. For the life of me I can't understand why someone would just stand there and watch
them make it to cover if they have a cartridge capable of stopping them and when a potential headache was preventable.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You take what you have and it makes for an easy follow up. If you don't get that so be it. Been doing entries for eighteen years. Not everything is attached to a detonator. Not every war zone is in Afghanistan. Nor requires a military ranking. Ever work in Detroit, East St Louis or New Orleans. I've had my 214 for some time. It's chitty everywhere. No need for further hi jacking.

So you have no actual experience with "combat shooting", "gunfights", or "pelvic shots".... that's pretty disappointing.... I thought we were in the presence of greatness.

PS.... do you shoot Partitions in your carry pistol in case you need to go all JeffO on Charlie?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always learn so much in these threads.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As for me, the Partition isn't a consideration for how I'm hunting. I'm sure it works for some people, doesn't for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well, sneak closer so they'll work.....

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Oh I have plenty. What is yours? I have eighteen years on the civilian side and a few more military. Like I said you take what you get and weigh every situation differently. A head or center mass shot isn't always offered. Preferred ammo of the day is HST. But things change like everything.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by starsky

As for me, the Partition isn't a consideration for how I'm hunting. I'm sure it works for some people, doesn't for me.

What I've learned is that I now have "Little" respect for you. I always thought you to be a hunter, but now that I see you rely on the BC crutch to compensate for a lack of ability, my perception has changed. LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ctsmith

What I've learned is that I now have "Little" respect for you. I always thought you to be a hunter, but now that I see you rely on the BC crutch to compensate for a lack of ability, my perception has changed. LOL

Laughing... Need all the help I can get!

well, sneak closer so they'll work.....

Can't get low enough to stay under the skyline, so I'm forced to shoot from the ridges.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Oh I have plenty. What is yours? I have eighteen years on the civilian side and a few more military. Like I said you take what you get and weigh every situation differently. A head or center mass shot isn't always offered. Preferred ammo of the day is HST. But things change like everything.

Never been in on an "entry raid".... never been in a "gunfight"....

I did whip a bunch of bitches asses in a Sorority House pillow fight once... and I did have to "shoot" a couple of those gals in the pelvic area. Though admittedly it wasn't with a pistol.... I used the "short mag" for that. But you are correct... every situation is different, and sometimes you gotta take what you can get. Two "5's" add up to a "10".... right?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ah, so that's why you have a thing for coyotes, woke up with a few, eh?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Partitions are the greatest thing to happen to hunting since the Butt-Out tool.

Tanner

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyoming260

Imagine also if you handed J.O.C. a ruger RPR in creedmore, a box of factory shells and mounted a straight 10 x SWFA on it and he made steady hits out to a grand, then told him the whole works was less the 800 bucks......

In that situation I would like to think ole J.O.C. would call me so that I could buy a dozen of those.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Never been in on an "entry raid".... never been in a "gunfight"....

I did whip a bunch of bitches asses in a Sorority House pillow fight once... and I did have to "shoot" a couple of those gals in the pelvic area. Though admittedly it wasn't with a pistol.... I used the "short mag" for that. But you are correct... every situation is different, and sometimes you gotta take what you can get. Two "5's" add up to a "10".... right?

Now that's just bragging. I'm seriously jealous. Hell, if you left early enough they'd prolly be all tens.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tanner
Partitions are the greatest thing to happen to hunting since the Butt-Out tool.

Tanner

Did the butt-out tool come before or after the thutty-thutty?

Now that was an innovation. That and smokeless powder.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

D
Dogger Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
laffin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Slow day at the office....

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's not "ass shots" anymore man..... now they're referred to as "pelvic girdle" shots....

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (300_savage, 257wthbylover, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 22 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,499
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.