Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
[Linked Image]

Took a while to get this gun. Academy Sports has them for $349 right now. Mine was $329 on sale. Not that great of a sale, but for what you get, this is one of the best gun deals in existence!

Aluminum frame. 3.7 inch barrel, 15 round magazines.
Very tight slide to frame fit. Absolutely no side to side play. Bank-vault tight.
The slide slips back and forth like glass. No machine marks. Anodizing or Cerakote is flawless. No chips, scratches or blemishes.

Double wound coil spring and steel guide rod.

Double action/single action.
Can be carried cocked and locked. No hammer drop/decocking mechanism.

Double action sucks. May smooth out some, but it's heavy. If there's a spring kit, I may look into it, but for cocked and locked, it doesn't matter. Single action is decent. A bit of take up and then a fairly light, but not "target grade" let-off. It works fairly well.

When dry firing, I noticed on let-off that the front sight seemed to jump a fraction to the right. In actual shooting, this was born out with the target. This is unusual for me as I tend to pull left with new guns. But the trigger reach on this is long, just like other CZ pistols.

My daughter was shooting the SR-22 and in between her loading magazines, I fired the first 5 shots at 10 yards off hand. The first was double action and it went high and right and the following four all went into a single hole about the size of a quarter. I thought...hmmm this has potential. I didn't photograph that target because it was liberally peppered with .22 holes all over the place and I didn't want anyone thinking I'd done that!

So, I swapped out targets (pictured) and loaded up two mags with 30 rounds. Backed up to 20 yards and standing, fired the first round double action and then 14 more. Then swapping mags, I fired the first shot double action and finished with 14 more.

[Linked Image]

The double action shots were both very high. I'm wondering if this might also be that first shot chambered syndrome where they don't fall into the rest of the group? Don't know for sure. Time will tell. But 20 of the 30 rounds went into that single cluster off hand.

All in all, I fired 100 rounds of mixed stuff. No bobbles or hiccups. During cleaning, everything was nice. All the mating surfaces still had their anodizing of Cerakote intact, though I've read that it's not particularly hard and that the frame rails will show some shine after a few hundred rounds.

Impressions? This is a very soft shooting 9mm and empty, it's feather light! With a 15 round mag, it still feels lighter than a BHP and it shoots as good as any BHP I've ever owned.

The T-120 is an inch longer and has 2 more rounds per magazine. There are also steel models and another compact called the C-100 that is identical to the CZ compact. There is one in .40 caliber at the local Academy for $299!

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 02/18/17.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Looks like a CZ 75 variant.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
On further reading, I see that you imply that it is, in fact, a CZ variant.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dan,

Thanks!

What's the loaded and empty weight?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
You'd have to get that off the specs. I don't have a scale. But unloaded, it feels no heavier than an unloaded Charter Arms Bulldog. It literally feels feather light with the aluminum frame.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
ONCE again the c-100 are not steel n ok slide is steel lower is alloy

Last edited by ldholton; 02/18/17.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
idholton - if you reread what I wrote, you'll see that I didn't say the C-100 was steel. I was very clear on that point. The inserted "And" should have clued you in. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 02/18/17.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
you were not that clear and it's a lower case L not an i so ...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ldholton
you were not that clear and it's a lower case L not an i so ...

He was quite clear.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
It really doesn't matter. I put together a pretty in-depth range report and your only comment was to remind me you corrected me once before. I appreciate your input.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
in depth report lol ok

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ldholton
in depth report lol ok

Sorry if it didn't measure up to your standards.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dan thanks for the write up. I enjoyed reading this. It looks like you found quite the bargain!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Kingston, appreciate it. This wasn't a feature article in a gun rag. I used to get paid $500 per feature article in Handguns Magazine. I know this wasn't up to those standards, just a taste. If "id" expects my best work, he'd have to pay for it.

Best to you.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Let's see. Inexpensive alloy-framed, CZ inspired, compact, high cap, traditional DA. Accurate in SA, not so much in DA, Cerakote, dependable. 1911-BHP-CZ type safety, no decocker.

Pretty clear to me.

Sounds like the something to recommend to a friend.

Wish they were more left-hand friendly, I'd think about one for myself.

Thanks Dan.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Canik's are also parts interchangeable with CZ.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I've heard there is a CZ kit to reduce the trigger reach. Anyone ever tried it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmm....

Do CZ mags work?

I think I like what I see.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Wish they were more left-hand friendly, I'd think about one for myself.

Here's a ambidexterous version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-DCMvXV9w

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Hmmmm....

Do CZ mags work?

Yes they do!

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 4ager
Hmmmm....

Do CZ mags work?

Yes, CZ mags interchange.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
I've heard there is a CZ kit to reduce the trigger reach. Anyone ever tried it?

Last I looked, CGW did not recommend trying the TRRK in the Tristar pistols, but that's been some months ago. They're always putting together new things, may behoove you to give them a call.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks. Visited there and the registration process seems to be broken. Can't make it work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 47 invisible), 3,300 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,292
Posts18,467,960
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.